Fender modification pics - Page 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Fender modification pics

Anyone within a 200 mile radius of Wilmington NC offering this? I have to get this done.
    Street racing is NOT a crime. Well, it is...but fuck it.
    90 300ZX TT w/SBC/th350 swap nitrous is a good thing!!
    93.5 TT Auto Supra
    95 Supra 67pte/th400
    91 300ZX NA 5-spd DD
    98 LSX swapped Mustang

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    nice work

SupraForums Member
    Sliding Sideways on the Yellow Brick Road!
    I rolled the fenders on my SC400, I own a eastwood fender roller so if you are in KS, shoot me a PM, I might loan it to you.
    Later,
    Scott

97 SC400 Supercharged, Getrag 6 speed, Quarter Master clutch, JIC magic, 20" work Rezax II , CCW classics for the strip! JIC FLT-A2, TT Brakes, BFI, S & S, 2 1/2" stainless, Magnaflow, 6 speed LSD, Recaro Leather seats, Matching rear leather, custom 2 tone interior. And so much more!
    Love it!

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

I Need To Do One Of These

SupraForums Member
    I dont know if its a newbie thing, but posting pics isnt that easy. why are you guys talking about rolling fenders? I thought you just put a wide body kit on if you want to put that wide of wheel on your car

Turbos and Tattoos FTW 36Chambers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grimreapersupra View Post
    I dont know if its a newbie thing, but posting pics isnt that easy. why are you guys talking about rolling fenders? I thought you just put a wide body kit on if you want to put that wide of wheel on your car
    The cost of widebody compared to having fenders rolled or cut is way cheaper then having the quater panel reworked. I had mine done for less than $200.
    02 Gs300 SD
    94 Supra TT-Wrecked

Quote Originally Posted by supra sean98 View Post
    I have a friend with a 240 that used a fender roller to flare his fender, he just kept going at it.
    does your friend happen to be "Tony" with a white 240 and AME wheels???

to fit a 325/50/15 on a car with koni shocks/eibach springs will the only thing i have to do is cut the fenders?

arnt there wide body fenders? they look great with tr300gt front fenders

Here's some pics of the car rolled with a slight pull

@ HIN LA
    '02 911 996 Turbo (31k mi) 6-speed
    Do-Luck Greddy T78 Supra (SOLD!)

SupraForums Member
    kevganzon,..would love to see more pics of your car,....absolutely amazing!

Is it turbo? Is it stick? TROLL's Avatar
    Ahhh, looks like I'll be rolling the Supra fenders as well Just picked up a set of SSR Professor SP1s in 18x9 +31 and 18x10.5 +30... 245s and 295s... so it'll be fun making them fit without any rubbing but I think I can do it. I have H+R coilovers and will probably be aiming for about -1 degree of rear camber. I think I should be able to pull it off, but we'll see soon enough.
    The car was repainted so I'm hoping I dont have any issues with it holding up... but of course its all about going slow and keep it hot.
    Gettin flush!

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

SupraForums Member
    TROLL,....any pics yet?

nice i need to do that im scraping bad

i just used the tool on my STi and it came out great. i hope to have the same results with my supra....

so how do you guys get the tool to bend the welds? I couldn't get the tool to flush up my STi did. supra fenders are definitely less likely to want to be rolled...

so you tried to roll your supra fenders? or are you just planning ahead?
    i actually decided to skip rolling and cut the fender lips off... i read on here that supra fender lips dont like to roll completely flat so if you need the most clearance possible that cutting them is a better idea. just make sure to seal up the bare metal edge when you're finished and you should be good to go.

ok just came inside... i measured the lip before rolling and it is 24mm. after i rolled i got it down to 16.5mm at 12 o'clock position. So roughly 7.5 mm worth rolling. it took about 4 hrs to do since i wanted to be extra careful. the only paint i cracked were the welds and that cleaned up with some touchup.

I did my STi today in about 2 hrs and those welds were so weak compared to the supra.

If i had to do it again, i definitely like how clean the rolled lips look. I fit 285 on my volks without rubbing so i'm hoping to fit 295 now that i got that extra 7mm on the outside. If i need more room then cutting is next. I think the hardest part was working the welds and constantly applying heat to the fender. I was heating the entire archway and roughly 3 inches from the arch of the fender to preven cracking and this is with my custom paint job so i was very very worried not to crack my PPG.

Thanks,
    Sid

nice... so you rolled them up flat or didnt go that far? cant tell from what you wrote... did the arch of the wheel stay round or did it start to get 'notchy' from spot weld to spot weld?

what width and offset are your wheels?

18x10 i forgot what the offsets are volk av3 oldschool but actually no problems with 285 even lowered with hks coilovers.

the back fenders now look like the front. only notchness i have is on the very first and last welds. i didn't go completely flat. i was to scared of cracking or denting the rear quarter. when u're using the roller u can see the fender in and out.

Yeah I rolled the rear fenders on my Subaru as well . I have 17x8.5 +40s on there and at the time I put them on it was really aggressive... guys now are going totally crazy though.
    I've got 18x9 +31 fronts and 18x10.5 +30 rears for the Supra and i'm hoping to fit my 295s in the rear... but its going to be very tight. I have an older set of 285s I can throw on if i need to, but I'm going to do everything I can to fit the 295s before I resort to that. A touch of negative camber goes a long way too, and really wont hurt straight line traction much, but will benefit cornering noticeably.
    Last edited by TROLL; 11-14-2008 at 10:53 AM.

i have the tool to roll the fender...willing to rent it out if anyone need it

We've trimmed the rear fender lips down a good bit, but now my friend helping and I have a difference of opinion...

I had planned to trim them down almost all the way, just leaving a slight bit of material turned under so it looks clean from normal viewing perspective. If you got down low of course you would see the edge, but no one would see that unless they were looking for it.

He said he'd prefer to trim it most of the way but leave 1/4" and then roll that up and bang it flat with a body hammer. I dont see how that makes much sense really but he said it would give a cleaner edge. I just see lots of cracked paint and I dont know... although it would leave a cleaner edge and possibly keep the fender a bit more rigid.

Any thoughts one way or another?

SupraForums Member
    Screw it, I have been debating with myself for a minute about what to do with my fender wells... I have a bone stock 98 quicksilver ..... so you see where I am coming from about not wanting to change anything on it at all on the car..... its just to damn clean.
    Oh I wrestle with my mind!!!

Quote Originally Posted by R & J Dist View Post
    i have the tool to roll the fender...willing to rent it out if anyone need it
    Im interested I'm in South Carolina. PM me how much to rent it please!

1993 hardtop tube frame - Sold

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in