Fender modification pics - Page 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Fender modification pics

Is it turbo? Is it stick? TROLL's Avatar
    never posted these... we took it down quite a bit by grinding the lips down. there's still a little bit of a lip inside which will probably have to go but we wanted to just leave it as is for now to see how it worked since we can always shave off more later.

this is only halfway but it gives an idea... we shaved some more off and made the transition smoother the next day. also used seam sealer on the bare edge of the metal, then painted over it to make it look factory. havent done it yet but going to use clear nailpolish right on the edge to work as a clear coate.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Mine are cut already. They fit 315/18/35s with .07 negative camber.

However they don't fit drag wheels and tires. 15x8s with 5.5 inch backspacing and a 27-11.5-15 rub really bad when I launch. I am going to try shaving them flush with the outer fender and massaging/pulling the fender out a half inch.

Any suggestions? Just run more negative camber? I hate negative camber in the rear!

_________________________ 89targa's Avatar
    i've just cut mine and all i gotta say to DIY guys is TAKE YOUR TIME.

I rushed through the first one and ended up spending more time trying to fix the fuck-ups (uneven cuts, sharp edges).
    on the second one, I was more patient and it came out very smooth and took half the time.

after cutting, I just taped up the edges and spray painted to prevent corrosion.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Would anyone be willing to rent me one of these tools! I dont feel the need to pay 200 for a one time use product! I'd be happy to pay 50 dollars and use it for a week and send it back! If your price differs please let me know, please PM me!

thanks!

1993 hardtop tube frame - Sold

The fender roller? They're $250 at eastwood.com but sometimes you can find guys to rent from. Paying shipping both ways kind of kills it though.
    Plan on +/- $40 to rent, plus shipping both ways (its heavy), plus a $250 deposit. If you can cut shipping out then sweet, but if not its probably not worth it.
    If there are any aftermarket shops around that do it then you could probably have it done for about $25-35 per fender.

ha where i live we have no custom shops...

and where is that?

SupraForums Member
    Sliding Sideways on the Yellow Brick Road!
    I have one to rent in KS
    Later,
    Scott

97 SC400 Supercharged, Getrag 6 speed, Quarter Master clutch, JIC magic, 20" work Rezax II , CCW classics for the strip! JIC FLT-A2, TT Brakes, BFI, S & S, 2 1/2" stainless, Magnaflow, 6 speed LSD, Recaro Leather seats, Matching rear leather, custom 2 tone interior. And so much more!
    Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by scotturnot View Post
    I have one to rent in KS
    hey man i am very interested in renting yours! Ive seen your car on youtube and love all the custom work you have done to it, a true car enthusiast! PM your deposit price and shipping and see if its something I can afford to do this time of year.

Thannks,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
    and where is that?
    also troll, how long did it take to cut using the grinding wheel/air gun? If it doesnt take a lot of time I might go that route because I think I need to already.

It took a long time... I've heard of some guys draw a line and cut carefully along it, but it was just safer and more controlled to use the grinder and remove the material slowly. But yes, it did take a long time, but the result was very smooth and good.
    I'll try to get some current photos of things, even though we'll probably end up grinding the last bit off still.

perfection is my goal, just knowing that its hacked all to hell under neath would make me loose sleep at night. With this supra I want everything done clean and done right.

Banned
    i just did mine if ur patient and use seam sealer it will be factory

Yeah I used seam sealer on the bare edge then sanded it down and used spraypaint then a brush on clear coat.

Working OT
    Good thread I'd still be nervous about doing it myself

SupraForums Member
    I am going to grind then sand mine even more flush than they are(they are cut nearly flush now). Then I am going to use my roomates eastwood fender roller to pull them out. I take pics and stuff. I am never okay with anything less than perfect on my sup. I hope to do it this weekend.

nice job!!

wasting my life on SF muchoboosto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodragnovice View Post
    I am going to grind then sand mine even more flush than they are(they are cut nearly flush now). Then I am going to use my roomates eastwood fender roller to pull them out. I take pics and stuff. I am never okay with anything less than perfect on my sup. I hope to do it this weekend.
    I'm in for pics when it's done.

1994 Supra NA-T/R154
    1968 Dodge Charger 440/727 AUTO
    1968 Dodge Charger Drag Car-full tube chasis on 32x14x15s

My site,
    www.backoutofwhack.com

Interested in pics as well. Are you planning to leave enough of a finished edge that it will look clean and factory? I'm hoping I don't have to pull my fenders at all but 1/8" to 1/4" may be necessary.

SupraForums Member
    Interested in pics as well. Are you planning to leave enough of a finished edge that it will look clean and factory? I'm hoping I don't have to pull my fenders at all but 1/8" to 1/4" may be necessary.
    Yes it looks factory.

SupraForums Member
    I am not completely done but I will post some teaser pics. I only had time to do one side this weekend. I will get some better pics too these are just from my phone during the process. I have about 3/4 of an inch more clearance than I did by pulling them out and it still looks factory. I am going to pull them out a tad bit more. I had to seperate the joint where the quarter panel and wheel well meet. Then push the wheel well back out with the fender roller to get it smooth. Then re seal it with a seam sealer so nothing can get in space above the wheel well. I will take pics and and show how I did it next weekend when I do the other one.

Clearance before.

Clearance after cutting flush, sanding smooth, and massaging out. lol.
    Last edited by turbodragnovice; 01-25-2009 at 05:55 PM.

If there are any aftermarket shops around that do it then you could probably have it done for about $25-35 per fender.
    I doubt you'll find many shops that would even want to do anything for $25-35, I charge $150-175 depending on the car and what needs to be done

Stefan
    _Stefan B
    elite custom body + paint

do what's right,not what's easy
    Need professional advice or opinion on body/paint/assembly or cosmetic related issues?Just ask.

http://www.facebook.com/ELITECUSTOMBODY

Ok so I just put 19 inch volk rims on and put a 1.2 inch drop The outer fender is fine but when I turn the front inner fenders rub, the black plastic fender wall. Can I cut those out? any help thanks!!!!!!!

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkivsupra2095 View Post
    Ok so I just put 19 inch volk rims on and put a 1.2 inch drop The outer fender is fine but when I turn the front inner fenders rub, the black plastic fender wall. Can I cut those out? any help thanks!!!!!!!
    I had to remove some bolts right on the inside of the fender for my ccws to fit but, they are 18s so they may rub in a different place.

Black Belt
    ^^ Same here, I have 19in wheels and when I turn my front wheels, the tires rub the inner portion of the fender well. It doesn't rub when I make a regular left or right turn, but it does rub when I turn the wheels all the way for a u-turn.
    1997 Toyota Supra 6-speed
    1995 Acura NSX-T

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in