o/d flashing on gauge cluster? what does it mean. - Page 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: o/d flashing on gauge cluster? what does it mean.

Doesn't look right to me. I was talking behind the digital read out to the right of the gauges, where the mileage read out is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Are you talking about the "O/D off" light? If so is the car ever hunting/changing gears erratically?

SupraForums Member
    Hi All,

Drawn a bit of a blank on the UK forum on this one, so hoping someone can help

Symptoms: flashing O/D off light, and Slip cont off light. When this happens, Manu doesn't work, snow mode doesn't work, but O/D actually does.

The car is a facelift jspec TT auto.

I've had the dash out and removed what looked like a dodgy speedo convertor, and reset the ECU, and whilst the lights now take 30 seconds or so to start flashing after starting the car, the problem persists. What's slightly positive, is Manual mode, and snow mode do appear to work when the lights aren't flashing!

I've tried reading error codes, and the car is reporting that there aren't any. The pink wire trick, as I understand it, works because the odo buffers the speed signal, but does anyone know if this is the same on a facelift? (ie with a mechanical odo built in to the speedo?). I get the impression it's an electrical issue rather than a sensor, as it even does it when the car is stationary, so I'd also appreciate opinions on whether this is a fair assumption

Thanks,

Adi

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

My car has the blinking O/D light too. I'll have to get the code read to see if its doing this.

Code 42. Best one in the book... dorman 22 gauge quick splice and voila! it's like my supra just drank from the fountain of youth!

Thanks everyone!

speed-senor-fix-bypass-odometer.jpg

-Michael

Need a hand with a 89 supra...looking to also redirect speed sensor pulse direct to the ECT ....been at it for a while and joined the forum for experienced help...sorry for the dead thread revival

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in