Stock twins replacement/upgrade - Hybrid GT28R's - Page 122

+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122
Results 3,026 to 3,037 of 3037

Thread: Stock twins replacement/upgrade - Hybrid GT28R's

Quote Originally Posted by Celicasaur View Post
    I'm confused....at what point did somebody manage to damage the blades though if the unit(s) were still on the motor?
    Well, if Bryan is right, the turbo must have been somehow mishandled either at install 4 years ago, or uninstall 3 weeks ago. But nothing really adds up to me; the blades are deep enough below the surface that it is hard to picture a tool going that far inadvertently. The shop that has the car thought some kind of excess "pressure-surge", but how would that effect only two blades? 1 blade tip was bent a tiny bit, a second blade tip was bent more, the others all unaffected. I'd be interested in other theories, but not going to worry about it much either.

IMG_1710.jpg
    Last edited by beezupra; 05-13-2019 at 08:08 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Def done when the turbos put together/taken off....seen it happen many times.
    1994 Red/Black TT
    86K miles
    Roller...6 speed swap coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by briankallaher View Post
    Chipping away! Next run I turned up the revs on the 60 ft and did a 1.533 60ft but popped another vacuum hose halfway thru the run. Same run time slip was [email protected] - attached. Til next week!

https://youtu.be/d2K31nwzVv0
    A 1.45 would get you in the 9's. If you can get 100lbs out, it can be done at 1.5+

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    I wonder if anybody considered putting some type of BB GT upgrades to add improve spoiling? I know the disco potato has too large of an exhaust wheel, but putting a smaller wheel and re-balancing could be a solution right?

NiSmO [email protected] supergoji's Avatar
    it's not even about larger wheels totally, it's about aero design and cartridge materials. Those are what will really make the turbo's respond and make power over JUST size.

a pair of GTX2860 gen 2's in .64 a/r made 840whp on a Z32 on .received_1518252041536423.jpegFB_IMG_1483976494698.jpg
    now this is a NICE powerband and the type we should be shooting for in a twin configuration.
    Quote Originally Posted by OOBE View Post
    the shop power fucked you at 140 mph too :D
    Quote Originally Posted by x X CLoud X x View Post
    why the Hell is there a FUCKN SAILOR MOON ON A SUPRA!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraLB View Post
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckless View Post
    hell, he has a better chance of getting gov't funding to build the playboy mansion into an orbital launch vehicle to set a new record of nonstop consecutive orbital blowjobs from playboy playmates.
    94 Alpine Silver Supra TT 6spd ( for sale) https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=234504432
    91 Cherry Red Pearl Z32 TT 6spd

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supergoji View Post
    it's not even about larger wheels totally, it's about aero design and cartridge materials. Those are what will really make the turbo's respond and make power over JUST size.

a pair of GTX2860 gen 2's in .64 a/r made 840whp on a Z32 on .received_1518252041536423.jpegFB_IMG_1483976494698.jpg
    now this is a NICE powerband and the type we should be shooting for in a twin configuration.
    Only thing to note is that a stock USDM 2JZ won't have the VVTI that the Z32 has to have 500ft lbs of torque at 3500RPMS. It's also not a V layout with a perfect manifold so low end boost will be slightly later. Up top both should have strong power until redline if someone did a non sequential setup

Quote Originally Posted by JOutterbridge View Post
    Only thing to note is that a stock USDM 2JZ won't have the VVTI that the Z32 has to have 500ft lbs of torque at 3500RPMS. It's also not a V layout with a perfect manifold so low end boost will be slightly later. Up top both should have strong power until redline if someone did a non sequential setup
    im talking an apples to slightly different apples. Any 2J build should have VVTI. You're losing out if you're not.

SupraForums Member supralover93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supergoji View Post
    im talking an apples to slightly different apples. Any 2J build should have VVTI. You're losing out if you're not.
    Exactly how I feel. Otherwise your just spending a lot of money to basically have just above bpu+++ power.
    I think vvti, higher compression, standalone, e85, maybe even headwork is a must if you want to get the most out of these otherwise what's the point?
    §§
    93 turbo targa
    auto
    BPU

not sure about the high compression and E85, but the rest 100% yes. E85 isn't readily available to me in my current location in NY. High compression is nice but without that E-85 it tones down the power.

but yea, going one step further Arnouts heads hahah

did anything ever become of that head design?
    i forgot not everyone has e85 available, here its not much of an issue.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supralover93 View Post
    did anything ever become of that head design?
    i forgot not everyone has e85 available, here its not much of an issue.
    Before E85 there was and is methanol/water injection. VVTi introduces either a new engine (well, used Japanese engine) and makes the project bigger. Otherwise, it is bolt on.
    94 Supra TT 6-speed...bought new in '94
    Other Stuff: 05 E320 CDI, '04 S2000, '10 QX56, '97 Port City Offset Fab Chassis Late Model, '38 Buick Special

i'm already working on a vvti engine, like i said, trying to get the most out of this setup as it will be my first and last motor/turbo setup haha.
    i thought about meth a LOOONG time ago but back then the controllers werent that advanced and there wasnt a lot of good data so i passed. i could afford to have my DD blow up. now i'll just go e85/flex fuel and not have to worry about another injection system.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in