PacNW Traffic Ticket Advice - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PacNW Traffic Ticket Advice

SupraForums Member americanjebus's Avatar
    Clarification on a subject for those who know.

I've been informed on a couple occasions to do this but cant really figure out what the consequences would be.

You get a ticket for speeding, something like $200.

You mail in a check for something slightly over the ticket amount, say.... $210.

The state refunds you the amount paid extra and mails you a check, you destroy this check so that it will never be cashed.

Ticket remains open and is not filed until financial transaction is completed and doesnt show up on your record. Amount is payed you have done your part but state cant file it until the refund check is payed.

Now, Is this possible? I dont want to be the brave pioneer and go find out by getting a ticket but would this work? I dont know where to look this up but does the DOT keep the case open and unfilled until transaction is complete? Theoretically this should come back to haunt you right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Just a guy who loves cars SupraChappy's Avatar
    Good question. I heard the same thing, unfortunatly I too didn't want to be the first to try this either.

SupraForums Member savannahashlee's Avatar

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Just a guy who loves cars SupraChappy's Avatar
    Very helpful! Thank you for clearing that up.

dealing with Speeding tickets

I had a conversation with an attorney on Friday. He recommended the deferral program if you don't plan on driving crazy for the next year. You can use the deferral only once every 7 years in WA State. You do NOT have to pay an attorney to request the deferral.

The deferral program: If you make it one year with no new "moving violations," the ticket is not reported on your record which insurance and employers see. The government, however, NEVER EVER "drops" or deletes anything from your record on Big Brother's computers. During the deferral program's one year probationary period, if you get a new traffic ticket, you now have two tickets (and no mercy from judge).

So if you plan on continuing to speed, get an attorney.

Pre-Paid Legal: I have been a member of PPL for at seven years, and have been paying $17.00/mo. I was sold my membership from a friend, who was selling the memberships as part of a multi-level marketing business.

If anyone is getting it for $14.00 (or anything less than $17.00) please post details, as even three bucks a month adds up over years and years. Thanks.
    '85 Supra Fan

So who out there is offering this mythical Pre Paid Legal. I think Mitch Greene & colleagues all had a good laugh at my expense when I brought it up to him recently...
    the dawg haus

2007 black RS4: AMD supercharged | EBC redstuff pads | SPC adjustable UCAs | 034 mounts: snub, motor, trans, rear diff carrier | Powerflex diff mount bushings | ECS 10mm wheel spacers | GMG cat-back | K&N | intake de-flap | IM port/polish | 475awhp / 405awtq [AMD mustang dyno, 92F day]

2014 black SQ5

Snobby Lawyers

Quote Originally Posted by dUb View Post
    So who out there is offering this mythical Pre Paid Legal. I think Mitch Greene & colleagues all had a good laugh at my expense when I brought it up to him recently...
    Don't worry if Mitch Greene & Co. laugh about Pre-Paid Legal. Lawyers are snobs. They think they are superior to others. And in reality, some lawyers are better than others. You get what you pay for. Lawyers range from Public Defenders to high profile attorneys that charge $10,000.00 per hour.

But remember, you are not trying to beat an O.J. Simpson murder rap. Just a speeding ticket. For a lawyer, contesting a speeding ticket is like a master car mechanic doing an oil change. It is not rocket science, so why would you want to spend a ton of $$ on a snobby lawyer. Let them laugh, and fire them.

Pre-Paid legal will assign you an Attorney. In Western Washington, Pre-Paid Legal hooks you up with a well established law firm in Tacoma. You will have to pay. But the fees are discounted, because you have signed up to have $17 automatically deducted from your checking account every month. Then anytime you need legal help, it is at a discount. They also will do a will for you for free, and will write you one attorney letter for free, for each separate legal issue you may have.

I don't think the friend who hooked me up with Pre-Paid Legal is doing it anymore, but I can get you some info. I will PM you.

Isnt Prepaid legal a pyrimid scheme? Personally that type of thing turns me off...even if its a cure for cancer, makes my dick harder, or brings all the womenz home.

SupraForums Member savannahashlee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by REG-UL8 View Post
    Isnt Prepaid legal a pyrimid scheme? Personally that type of thing turns me off...even if its a cure for cancer, makes my dick harder, or brings all the womenz home.
    You mean, your car doesnt bring home all the womenz?
    1995 Toyota Supra SE

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dUb View Post
    Pre-paid Legal is not mythical, infact a lot of people are using it, but I had the same skeptecism, dont worry..

Quote Originally Posted by 85SupraFan View Post
    Yes, I have found out the hard way that the government NEVER erases ANY information they have on us. Insurance and employers do not see it after a certain number of years, but the judge and prosecutor will see EVERYTHING forever.

Thanks for this thread guys! I have been paying Pre-Paid Legal $14.00/mo for years now, and am about to use them for the third time. It's a good investment. Peace.:
    Maybe you missed that post.......?

Quote Originally Posted by REG-UL8 View Post
    You can just use the service, or choose to advertise and promote like a "pyramid scheme"..

either way, I still think it's better than the two options stated in the very first post.. You can use PPL for A LOT of different things..
    I wish I would have had them sooner like a few years ago..

Another win for Jeannie P Mucklestone. I referred a friend who was on the verge of losing his license if his ticket didn't get dropped. Cost him $650.00 but for him it was worth it.
    Last edited by Sorriso; 01-18-2009 at 01:10 PM.

SupraForums Member
    I'm using Jeannie P Mucklestone right now for a ticket I got doing 37 in a 35 !!!!! Damn Cop gave me a Neg2 for that sh!t I havn't had a ticket in 10 years, he said I smelled like booze, and told me I was swerving and the only reason he did aresst me was because he didn't have a breath scanner on him.... He was a REAL ASSHOLE COP. Thing was I had just turned onto the road less then 50 ft from the road and were talking at 6:30 in the morning. I don't drink and I was on my way to pick up my kids from my parents house.... sometimes COPS are asses, I went down to the police station to complain to the cheif of police ( I train his kid in taekwondo) to say something, and the dumb sh!t cop was there to yell at me in the lobby, and wouldn't let me see the cheif of police. Hence Jeannie P Mucklestone. I told her all of this, and she even think I could go and sue the damn cop. Yes I was speeding (2 mile over) but still....

Go with the best, Jeannie P Mucklestone. She has won over 10,000 cases including the ticket I got last month

Just learned something this week. I got a speeding ticket in January in Snohomish county (more specifically Everett) and went to court this week to fight it. The cop got my speed by pacing me. When I went to court I gave my testimony of what happened the judge looked and saw that there was no maintenence records on the patrol that pulled me over, there were none. The ticket got dismissed due to a lack of proof of speed. Keep that in mind folks. If you get pulled over and the cop gets your speed by pacing, you can fight it and probably have it thrown out.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zerorecall View Post
    I'm using Jeannie P Mucklestone right now for a ticket I got doing 37 in a 35 !!!!! Damn Cop gave me a Neg2 for that sh!t I havn't had a ticket in 10 years, he said I smelled like booze, and told me I was swerving and the only reason he did aresst me was because he didn't have a breath scanner on him.... He was a REAL ASSHOLE COP. Thing was I had just turned onto the road less then 50 ft from the road and were talking at 6:30 in the morning. I don't drink and I was on my way to pick up my kids from my parents house.... sometimes COPS are asses, I went down to the police station to complain to the cheif of police ( I train his kid in taekwondo) to say something, and the dumb sh!t cop was there to yell at me in the lobby, and wouldn't let me see the cheif of police. Hence Jeannie P Mucklestone. I told her all of this, and she even think I could go and sue the damn cop. Yes I was speeding (2 mile over) but still....
    Well she couldn't get it dropped but she did get it changed to expired tabs....LOL non moving.

Does anyone know the laws on modified exhaust in Washington? Also can you get a expired tags ticket dropped?

MMMM Smells like coolant Cravin Boost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big_kahuna89 View Post
    Does anyone know the laws on modified exhaust in Washington? Also can you get a expired tags ticket dropped?
    well saw a discussion on the exhaust thing here a while back and its up to the ticketing officer. The law states that to loud is 1% louder than stock and the measuring tool is the officers ear. As for expired tags GL Unless they were together and they pulled you over for the to loud exhaust then if you can get that thrown out you might get the expired tags tossed as well.
    Boosting its not just a hobby its a way of life

Hey Guys! I really need help to find good lawyer! I got into accident and got a citation for "speed too fast for condition"! Basically someone cut me off in front of me and I ended up hitting him. I wanted to fight for it and found a lawyer who can help me. Got a court date but my lawyer didn't show up to the court and telling me he did. I called Jeannie Mucklestone and she checked my case number and told me that he's lying and not telling me the truth. Now my license will be suspended and Have to pay the court. Jeannie Mucklestone told me that she can not do anything since the Judge made a decision. I have no choice but to pay the fine to the court and I don't know what's gonna happen to my license! Anybody know any good lawyer who can help me out?

SF Contributing Member bitshftr's Avatar
    I've gotten one ticket dismissed by having the court case continued long enough to voluntarily attend all 4 sessions (1 per week) of a "driver improvement clinic" in North Carolina. These "clinics" are just 1-hour classes put on by DMV employees. I got the instructor to sign a statement of attendence and completion for me on the last day (told him up front what I was doing), went to court, presented the statement and told the judge that I had voluntarily enrolled in it, and he dismissed the case!
    1995 Supra NA, Baltic Blue, targa, TRD LSD, Recaro Sport seats, Cusco carbon fiber front/rear strut tower bars, 97+ front turns
    Passport hardwired, w/ amped remote speakers in seat harness slots
    Hidden/hardwired garage door opener w/ custom Supra dash button

1995 Supra TT, BPU+, Baltic Blue, targa, TRD front/Cusco rear strut tower bars, 98 headlights w/ 6k HIDs, 97+ front turns, BNR turbos, Tial BOV, HKS Super Drager exhaust, SSR Professor SP1 wheels, Racelogic TC, VPC/GCC
    Passport hardwired
    Hidden/hardwired garage door opener w/ custom Supra dash button
    Subtle white LED dash backlights

I have a few questions...

1. If an officer is driving southbound and your driving northbound. Can an officer flip a bitch and pull you over for speeding and write you a citation?

2. This just happened and I am taking it to court. An officer was clocking me for speeding, but before he was able to lock me in. I hard braked it, and the gun read 36mph. Even though I was going 45 at the time. He gave me a citation! WTF!! Anyways, I went and requested a Discovery. I will update this, when I receive it in the mail.
    Also, I drive a 4dr, but the officer wrote down it was a 2dr. Is that something that could cause the ticket to be dismissed?

Thanks in advance

900 BHP Club :)
    Quote Originally Posted by is3_ftw View Post
    I have a few questions...

1. If an officer is driving southbound and your driving northbound. Can an officer flip a bitch and pull you over for speeding and write you a citation?

2. This just happened and I am taking it to court. An officer was clocking me for speeding, but before he was able to lock me in. I hard braked it, and the gun read 36mph. Even though I was going 45 at the time. He gave me a citation! WTF!! Anyways, I went and requested a Discovery. I will update this, when I receive it in the mail.
    Also, I drive a 4dr, but the officer wrote down it was a 2dr. Is that something that could cause the ticket to be dismissed?

Thanks in advance
    yeah the 4dr vs 2dr thing could get it dropped. good luck!

SF Contributing Member bitshftr's Avatar
    Absolutely. Radar can clock you if the officer is going the same direction as you, going the opposite direction, or if he's sitting still.

Does anyone have a link to the WA state RCW's? I think thats what Im trying to look for

That is exactly how I got my last ticket.
    If you need to get this ticket dropped, your best option is to hire Jeannie P Mucklestone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in