Supra Forums banner

Gas passes $5.00 per gallon

8K views 93 replies 65 participants last post by  JOutterbridge 
#1 ·
Well, this morning gas in my area officially passed the $5 per gallon mark for the first time....and that's for regular!! Premium is $5.37. I wish I was in the US. :) Is it going to change the Supra market in the US as prices continue to climb? Are any of you guys driving your Supra's less now?

#16 ·
I've wanted a Lexus GS400 for sometime now. But the wife and I have agreed that with the fuel prices the way they are and the way they will end up, I don't see it happening anytime soon. Probably end up with a Honda Fit or a newer Civic since I do 100miles round' trip per day to work.

#4 ·
damn gas prices keep rising

#5 ·
I drive my car because it makes me happy and never look at the pump when filling up. You can't put a price on Happiness.

#6 ·
+1. You only live once, might as well enjoy while you still can! :agreed:

#8 ·
hmmm, I kind of like how you cry about gas prices in the US, but to make you feel better, the prices climbed to $2.5 a litre in Denmark. That equals the price of (3.7854*2.5) $9.46 a gallon. So, put it in perspective and do try t smile a little :1poke:
:drama:

:freak: Dela

#19 ·
yeah, you have a point, but I just don't feel like paying 70% of my income in taxes when I'm just out of university in a years time - healthy as a fish. But I guess they come in handy if an accident should be looking for me... There's a lot of waiting though, but wont bother you with that side....

#17 ·
I'm started to get worried with these gas prices. I usually have the I don't care attitude when it comes to gas prices since we have to buy it regardless of what ever.

So I started to cut down my energy use in the house. I close all the lights except the room I'm using. have not been using AC for past week since its fairly cool and I use a fan in my room anyways.

Also thinking about just flushing the shitter at the end of the day instead of flushing every visit. haha

#23 ·
well not for anything but you guys in EU might pay more than double what we pay but you have a transit system that is actually worth something. Here in the US, our transit system is, well a piece of shit. Even in cities they suck. Forget from state to state where you guys have options gallore unlike here.

#24 ·
Well there are a couple of reasons why mass transit in the U.S. doesn't work. First off, Americans simply don't want to use it. Second, Europe has a much higher population density. The U.S. is much more spread out than Europe is, plus we have a much greater rural population. Fixed rail-based mass transit is fine if you can build it into the city as the city is being built... but adding it as an afterthought usually doesn't work real well.

If you go to Chicago or New York I think you'll find their transit systems actually work very well. But when you have someplace like the Twin Cities where light rail has been added as an afterthought... well, it sucks. It's fine if you want to take the train in from the 'burbs to downtown and your destination is within a few blocks of one of the stops. Otherwise its worthless.

#26 ·
Well there are a couple of reasons why mass transit in the U.S. doesn't work. First off, Americans simply don't want to use it.
You hit the nail on the head. I laugh when I try to picture some fat ******* without his 15 inch lifted truck riding on 44 inch tires, and instead using a subway system or even worse.....walking.. It's funny because around my area I see them at the pump in these massive trucks and SUVs and I have to chuckle. Most of them are not hauling anything, or even riding with more than 1 passenger. Idiots.

#27 ·
2 years ago my non supra friends laughed when I paid $4.50/gal for race gas. Now it's almost like that for reg unleaded and I remind them of that story.

#29 ·
All I gotta say is, thank god for having a company vehicle and company gas card. I pay about ~$60-$70 every three weeks or so for gas in the supra and that is if the weather is nice enough to promote driving it. I take it out on some weekends and that is it. I must only net like 3-5k miles a year. I actually netted less with my old Evo. guess I just like driving the supra better, as if that is hard to picture

#30 ·
The LS fills up with 85 dollars now. Everytime I walk in to prepay, and I tell the indian behind the counter 85 dollars on pump whatever, he looks at me as if i'm nuts. Sometimes I want to pull him outside and show him the prices on HIS board that say 4.39! Fuck Premium. Fuck gas. I'm gonna loose weight...I'm determined to fit into a prius :)

#31 ·
yeah, really regretting selling my two Civics.

my passat is a lot better than my old A8, but I really miss 30+mpgs.

I hardly drive the IS anymore. I don't think I've filled it up since gas went over $4/gallon here in MN. I just put enough in to last for the few days that I drive the car.

#36 ·
OUCH !!

Just reading that title hurt me.

But yeah, like many have said, you can't put a price on happiness. I will never sell my supra.

#40 ·
My roommate who is pretty well of just traded in his tacoma for a carolla, yes he can afford the gas in the tacoma (is lifted and gets like 16mpg) but is pissed at paying so much so often. When gas was 3 a gallon he said he would never sell it, the day last week that it hit 4 he traded that shit in. Sort of sucks cause i use it to haul crap every once in a while. oh well. I still think its funny as hell to see a single guy driving a f250 by himself with a bed that has no scratches and no trailer hitch. Just funny when they complain about gas. So any idea on which press is any will help this gas price stuff?

#42 ·
And people wonder why I choose 1jz over 2jz

2500 FTMFW

#47 ·
It cost me almost 100 bucks to fill up today and I had to drive home in pouring rain but I had a smile the entire time. I have owner nothing but big trucks and fast cars my entire life but nothing equates to how much fun can be had in a Supra. I love passing a corvette or Porsche and their girlfriend pointing and the silhouette of Supra coming from their mouth.:)

#48 ·
You gotta pay to play.:supra1000:

I've got a big SUV to haul 8 people and their stuff, and/or to pull my car hauler w/Supra to the road course. Once on the course, I burn the good stuff at about 3.5 mpg.

But my face hurts for a week because of the giant smile all day at the track!!:bigok:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.