Clutch for 700-900rwhp? - Page 23

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Thread: Clutch for 700-900rwhp?

As much as i wanted the southbend, shipping costs to here is gonna kill me.....a friend of mines had a act heavy duty pp and 6 puck sprung disc kit and is giving me it for the cost price without the shipping he paid. Its saving me tons of money.

Im just hoping the pedal is not extremely stiff, im expecting it to be harder than this twin disc but not unbearable.

Im seeing the kit is rated for 747lbs of torque....
    1996 MK4 Supra N/A with TT Swap - Finished
    Total Time To Complete - 1 Year! WOW THAT WENT BY FAST!
    Sold However....

1997 MK4 Supra 6spd Turbo

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

One last question, was talking to some shop guys down here, and one can get me an OS Giken Triple disc kit for just a few more than the ACT setup i was planning....I can hold out a month again to get that but what i wanted to know............is it a buy the kit and install kinda kit or is it something i need adapter kit for or need to modify anything?

So my OS Giken TR2CD miles are going up slowly as I am only using it for daily NYC, bumper to bumper traffic running around during my break in. Driving with this setup has become almost second nature in the city within just 300 miles. I am getting more precice in my execution and the clutch itself is getting much more user friendly as it breaks in (in so much traffic). The only time I am uncomfortable with it is on a super steep hill with traffic behind me. I never needed the handbrake before in any of my other cars so i actually had to practice the handbrake, hill start a bit. The setup is nearly 50% more forgiving already. All I have worked on so far is being smooth and "normal" in heavy traffic with it. I'd have to say that has been a success! I get it around easily in traffic. My left foot had to learn to move much more slowly at first. Now I can let it out much more quickly without blasting off. After break in, I will work on how to have real fun with this new bodacious clamping force. This is my first twin. If I can pull it off here, I'm pretty sure you can wherever you are. I think it's all about saying "I will adjust to this". I can say this is much easier to drive than my last 3 single clutches I had on this car. Albeit, there was something wrong with my single setups that we never resolved until I replaced everything when installing the twin. So, bottom line, I am really happy I did this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 1JZ_Cressida View Post
    One last question, was talking to some shop guys down here, and one can get me an OS Giken Triple disc kit for just a few more than the ACT setup i was planning....I can hold out a month again to get that but what i wanted to know............is it a buy the kit and install kinda kit or is it something i need adapter kit for or need to modify anything?
    I'd get the Driftmotion Hydraulic TOB or the Tilton. I only got the DM because OS Giken specifically suggested it.
    Last edited by Studiogeek1; 10-20-2018 at 01:54 PM.

I am questioning my choice to build this car living in NYC. I am barely out of break in and there is really no place to drive a car like this here. I am still under 1K miles and lucky for my break in, it's been mostly bumper to bumper traffic. Thats great for break-in but bad for this clutch ultimately. The clutch gets much easier to slip as it breaks in. I am also getting better at nailing the engagement point on a steep hill. I absolutely love this clutch but it makes driving the car a much more serious affair. I must be fully engaged at all times. I had just put big money into a sound system in the car. I cant even think of playing music in the car now. I have to hear the engine at all times to know exactly where the motor is rpm wise. If you don't know, letting this clutch out is dangerous. It will aggressively give you what you ask for. Accidentally or on purpose.
    I really need a driving environment mod. I wish I lived in the suburbs or rural area so I could enjoy this car more. My favorite drive is 15 minutes north to get E85. It's really my only chance to open it up. I find myself going to get gas when its nearly full just for the drive. If I can make this clutch work here in NYC, you will likely love it where you are. You have to give it 1000 miles though. It gets easier but you also get better. DO NOT give up after 400 miles and pull it like some people do. It's the best clutch I have ever had. Challenging at first in traffic, but it makes you a better, more precise driver.

Been reading through the thread and so far i'm loving the comments on the OS Giken TS Triple Plate Clutch whats the max tq that anyone has run to it? Hadn't seen any numbers although I could have missed it just got of a 14 hour shift I'm looking for a clutch that won't be to much different from stock and also hold up 700-900 hp range

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in