2008 Super Lap Battle Champions. My BURRITO WRAP UP. Do not miss this thread!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Super Lap Battle Champions. My BURRITO WRAP UP. Do not miss this thread!!!!!!!!!

2008 Super Lap Battle Champions. My BURRITO WRAP UP. Do not miss this thread!!!!!!!!!

Cliffs:
    2008 Super Lap Battle Street Tire RWD Class Winner.
    Official Time 1:57:711

Story:

Where do I begin? Perhaps i should start 3 years ago when we won Street class over all in '06 with a time of 2:01:50. Ever since then the supra's been on a mission to prove our cadillac sized cars can handle with the best of them. We began searching for companies and parts to make the supra into our ideal handling beast. We relied on HYDRA EMS for our stand alone engine system that helped finesse out as much power as possible. We then asked for the support of Boost Logic for their expertise and go fast turbo systems to really wake up the potential of the supra. JIC., Carbonetics LSD and KW' stepped up to the plate and helped get the mechanical grip to it's peak. APR and Modellista Designs helped form the aero work that would allow the supra to slide through the air and generate maximum downforce. And finally, Yokohama gave us the shoes to tie everything together. Fast forward to 3 days ago and we're closer than we've ever been before to achieving our goals.

We arrived in Buttonwillow CA home of the unofficial time attack track of the US, and began unloading the supra filled with tires and tools (yes we drove the fucker 260 mi to the competition. It's a street car.) We dialed the boost to 22psi and let Matt Andrews do what he does best. Some say he once talked himself in getting a free MD hood and then misspelled the companies name in a magazine, others say he will not eat at a place w/o white table cloth. All I know is, he's got a lead foot and can get the car back to me shiney side up . Matt rips through the gears and is able to break the illusive 2:00 barrier at Buttonwillow on street tires. Up until this year this was the magical number to beat for street tire rwd cars. Needless to say we're happy with our 1:59.20 time. Suddenly we see the car go off track. There's something wrong with the car and the car is towed back. A blown tire and blown fuel relay were the culprit. Yes guys, he's just that fast. Daniel (exodragon) and Sean Morris are a godsend and diagnose our fuel issues and were able to get the car back together. We pack up and drive to our lovely roach motel.

Morning comes and we know we have competition. A finely tuned N/A s2000 as well as a deadly Elise are the cars that had the potential to snatch our plastic trophy away. Practice session rolls around and we click off a mid 58 securing our position as a top qualifier. The s2000 and elise are about a second behind. We make last minute aero and tire pressure adjustments and try upping the boost to 24 psi. I was hessitant considering the motor was tired and #2 had low compression. We had dynoed 500rwhp at 24psi (we should be hitting at least mid 500's on a healthy motor.) But since we did not have enough time to pull the motor and get it fixed before the race we settled for our 500. Matt goes out for the first timed session. The car is moving. I mean, it has never looked so planted going through the corners and ripping through the gears. The aero work and KW suspension really improved the car, we're talking seconds worth of improvement. In addition, this was our first time testing out the carbonetics carbon carbon lsd which did its job. We were able to get power down much earlier at the apex and able to accelerate out of the corner harder than before.

Matt pulls in after 5 laps and has a dissapointed look on his face. " We only hit 20 psi. Where's the other 4?" I take the car back out to the streets and do some pulls to verify. Yep. Car is laggy as hell and maxes out at 20psi..then 19... etc. The culprit was a burnt maifold gasket. Game over ... we thought. We checked the times to see how bad we did. 1:57.711. I think i felt my dick move. Running back like a school boy that just got his first erection, i yelled to the team 57.7!!!! We were excited. And everyone else popped a boner too...except for Matt because he drives a miata.
    "But will the time hold?" i asked myself. We had no other choice but to wait and see. The car was going to run only slower if we took it back out. And our competition seemed to be getting faster. The blue s2000 clicked off an impressive 1:58:37 and would not give up. The owner of Voltex (japanese aero company) was seen creating last minute aero parts to help the s2k gather every tenth of a second it could muster. My hats off to the evasive team for their fighting spirit and amazing s2k. At the end of the day, our time stood...

Thoughts for next year: Heal motor. More Aero. Unused shaved Neova's. 1:55's is my bet.

My Support and Team.

Matt: Thank you for your support, good looks, and lead foot. You've been an excellent friend, driver and mentor. If i was gay, you know i'd hit that.
    Drew: You've created an aero monster. Your advice and expertise has resulted in 2 championships within 3 years. A well deserved pat on the back.
    Sean M: Sean, as i mentioned earlier, thank you for your support and expertise. Now add some text to your gtr blog and maybe it'd be as successful as autoblog
    Jason: Although you weren't there you've done more than your fair share of wrenching as well as given your blood sweat and tears to this project. I expect to see you on board for '09
    Jake: Your first year in time attack and you were right on it like a pro. Thank you for crewing!
    Daniel: My southeast asian brotha. Working at Boeing certainly has it's perks...for me . Thank you for all the help you've give at the time attack and through out the years. But aside from all that, I look forward to balling you ass up soon.
    Debbie: Thanks for being a great gf.

Mikey/ Nils / Ken / Factor X crew: If i ever have to go into battle, I would definitely team up with these guys. I have never met a more friendly, helpful group of people in my life. Whether it's giving sage advice, to lending tools and relays you guys are a step above the rest. Thank you for everything you guys have done and congrats on your finnish.

Manly: I never thought a competitor would be such a friend. Thank you for your support and cigars through out the event. What you've done w/ that lotus is truly astounding. And for '09 welcome to team yokohama!

My Sponsors for '08

Yokohama: Paul, hands down we would not have been able to achieve our goals with out Yokohama's help. They are truly the best street tires out there. Keep in mind our time was achieved on 4 month old neova's. Next time, shaved and new ad08's!
    BoostLogic: Kean and Zohair. You guys put together the BEST turbo systems out there. The miata and supra ran dead reliable using your kits and provided the power and grunt we needed to accomplish our goals. We hope to make you even more proud in '09.
    KW/Robispec: The legs of our beast. Thank you for your dedication and support to our team. With your help, the supra community now has a quality suspension kit that is able to turn w/ the best of the best.
    Carbonetics: I hated that stock diff. Forget the TRD. The carbonetics 1.5way carbon on carbon lsd is THE ONLY LSD you should have your eyes on. Look at the times. (plus it's dead quiet , no clicks or thunks at all!)
    KBR: Karlo, your help this past season has made a big difference. There are very few shops that I trust my Supra with, and if you're in Vallejo or the north bay, there is no other supra shop you need to visit. I look forward to winning with you in '09!
    VEXmotorsports: Danny and Vann, your punctual and excellent service is not the norm in this industry. Thank you for prepping the car and fabricating the remaining aero pieces to give us that edge we needed.
    JT Detailing: OI! Jake, thanks for making the supra the shiniest car out there on the track. You don't know how many people came up to me and said "this car is too pretty to be on the track." if they only knew..
    HB SPEED: Tuning Tuning Tuning. Need i say more?
    HYDRA EMS: The brains of the car. Your EMS has been so reliable that we don't worry half as much as other teams that have to mess w/ their ecu. Thank you for building the best kept secret in Engine Management systems for the supra.
    MVPmotorsports: THE authority for all supra parts. Dusty has watched our team grow over the years, and has supported us all through it. Dusty, let's get this car to TX2k8. I bet my horse is faster than Greg's (yes i just slapped gsc w/ the proverbial gauntlet.)

If i left anyone out, i'm truly sorry. I've been traveling and working while trying to campaign a race car this past week. I'll update w/ more pics as soon as i can.

Thanks to RJ for taking these bad ass pics!

Last edited by MyKarIsVicious; 11-14-2008 at 10:51 AM.

----- MVP / Competition GT / GSC / Boost Logic Powered -----

Tuned By: Tuning Concepts / Robispec / AMB Aero Design

2010 Castrol Syntec Top Car Challenge Winner
    2010 Super Lap Finals Limited RWD 2nd Place :(
    2008 Super Lap Finals Street RWD Winner
    2006 Super Lap Finals Street Overall Winner

2009 BMW X5 Diesel
    2007 Ducati Sport Classic SE
    2003 Ducati 999s
    2008 CLK63 Black Series (SOLD)

Epic Ownage

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Last edited by MyKarIsVicious; 11-14-2008 at 06:48 PM.

Twin Meister
    BIG CONGRATS to one and all. The Supra continues to shine at virtually every type of racing venue.

Ken.
    www.sp-power.com
    HKS 3.4L: 1110 all-boost whp/839 lb-ft @ 2.6KG/CM^2
    1994 "SP ENGINEERING" TWIN HKS GT3240 TOYOTA SUPRA TURBO

1985 Toyota Celica Supra P-Type 5MT
    1991 Toyota Supra Turbo Hardtop/Sunroof 5MT (BPU)
    1993.5 Toyota Supra Turbo Hard Top (BPU)
    1995 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT (APU)
    2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8
    2010 Lexus IS-F
    2016 Lexus IS 350 F Sport

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Nice Curtis!

Quote Originally Posted by KenHenderson View Post
    BIG CONGRATS to one and all. The Supra continues to shine at virtually every type of racing venue.

Ken.
    interestingly enough, there is a slight possibility we may not have a 2j in the car for next year...

and no we're not thinking v8 either

SupraForums Member BlackTRDsupraTT's Avatar
    WOW! congratz on the win. i should of went to buttonwillow to check it out.

Congratulations. I wish I could have been there to witness yet another great team effort. Maybe next time.

Awesome stuff! Congrats on the RWD win. What was the fastest overall street tire time, like 1:54.x?

Who tunes your Hydra?

1997 Toyota Supra Turbo - RS1600 w/Carrillo Upgrade -1100whp Built and Tuned in house at Real Street Performance
    www.RealStreetPerformance.com
    Your #1 Dealer for AEM, Precision, Injector Dynamics, DOC Race, CP Pistons, Manley Performance and more!
    If you would like to know pricing or availability on any part, feel free to contact me!
    407-695-7223 extension 113
    [email protected]
    www.facebook.com/realstreet.trevor
    www.instagram.com/harmrsp

nice! gj and congrats curtis!

Good Read!

And an awesome story/timeline to boot. The car seriously has come a long way and can't say more than u make us all proud Curtis! I guess Matt will now be referred to as "The Supra Stig".

Look foreward to what the future brings for ur beast and hope this doesn't cause the price for MKIV's to go up again damnit!

'94 Supra HKS T51R "2JZUL8R"Ver. 3.0 L-Spec SEMA Build 2018 766RWHP 600RWTQ *** *Pics & Videos* ***
    '95 Supra Twin Turbo "2JZUL8R" Ver. 2.0 SEMA Build 2015 *** Pics/ Video *** (SOLD)
    '89 Supra GReddy T88 "2JZUL8R" Ver. 1.0 Import Tuner Feature Car 620RWHP 524RWTQ
    ***Pics/Video*** (SOLD)
    Winner of "SILV" Best Exterior Modified MKIII 2006/2007/2008
    ~RIP Mike Urbano~

Quote Originally Posted by trevor_ View Post
    Awesome stuff! Congrats on the RWD win. What was the fastest overall street tire time, like 1:54.x?

Who tunes your Hydra?
    nils had the overall street class win.

1:56:6.

MKIV intervention needed cuemaster's Avatar
    militagan, the land of pure reason and logic aka da hood
    thread of the day, nice.

SupraForums Member
    i love you curtis
    your car is the sex

SupraForums Member
    Way to go man, way to fucking go!

It's so bitter sweet to me because I missed this event but have been helping get this car where it needs to be at each previous time attack. Argh! Next time I'm going for sure whether I'm sick or nauseous gosh darn it!

Congrats Curtis, Matt & Drew. It's been a long time coming and it's so awesome to see you guys reclaim the street rwd throne.

Now the next thing is to take OVERALL STREET!!! HAHA, if nils doesn't get any faster. heh

-Jason

Actual Member Since 2003 LRG SOUP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyKarIsVicious View Post
    interestingly enough, there is a slight possibility we may not have a 2j in the car for next year...

and no we're not thinking v8 either
    blasphemy! I will not hear it! What is going in then Curtis? If you throw away the 2j then just go ahead and ship it my way, I will take that useless engine off your hands =)
    1995 5pd Toyota Supra SE (Sexy Edition)

-2JZGE Individual Throttle Bodies
    -Platinum VIP custom metal rear widebody (626) 472-7847
    -FSR built and tuned (909) 949-0550

My Build Thread

Supra + DSM = heaven gixxer_drew's Avatar
    Thanks again for the opportunity to be part of this car!

I been thinking night and day through this and I got a few tricks up my sleeve for next year's aero package. muahaha
    Last edited by gixxer_drew; 11-14-2008 at 06:06 AM.
    ANDREW M BRILLIANT
    Aerodynamicist/Data Engineer
    http://www.amb-aero.com/

My race car
    http://www.douro-oni.com/memberView.cfm?ID=1

SupraForums Member ::MySTiK_[SuPRa]::'s Avatar
    Congrats again to Curtis and everyone involved. Its great to see the Supra represented so well
    -Phu
    1994 White Supra 6SPD T67DBB

good write up. Curtis, thank you for letting me be part. You've built an awesome car and have leveraged your resources to try new things to make the car go fast. Thank you to MVP and Boostlogic and the supra community for being enthusiastic about this car and event. It's been a ton of fun.

TX2k9?

Super Moderator
    Piss me off. I dare you.
    WOW! Great job, guys! Very good write-up, too!

Supra + DSM = heaven gixxer_drew's Avatar

A few photos of the crew:

I didnt have a lot of time to take pics because we were short one crew member. But I thought I'd post a few of the crew

Matt Andrews: Driver extraordinaire

I'm not really sure WHAT they are talking about here?? the size of the uh... steering wheel???:

Curtis Chen: Owner/Model

Curtis is pioneering a new strategy known as "reverse sponsorship" where not only do you pay them to work out at their gym you put their stickers on your car and wear the shirt for free.

This is me:

Jake to the right, Sean to the left. Damn sorry Sean thats the only pic I have is of your ass, what does that tell you about me?:

See what I have to work with here? (debbie left, jake right)

WINNARS!!!

Great work everyone. So proud!

SupraForums Member
    Congratulations. Great to see the development of this car.

J.

hey Curtis, thanks for giving me the opportunity on letting me (and my shop) work on your car. its an honor and a privilege to be part of your team's success.

we are definitely looking forward to be part of the next (and future) race season, and this time with more support, an additional crew and a fresh, more reliable & powerful engine program.

aite, peace.
    WORKS Motorsports - HRSPWR Industries - KBR Performance

-1988 Toyota Supra MKIII Turbo
    -1989 Toyota Supra MKIII Turbo
    -2007 Toyota Camry SE V6
    -2011 Toyota Tundra TRD Rock Warrior
    *RIP to all 5 of my old MKII's..*

www.worksmotorsports.com

SupraForums Member
    Congrats to all you guys...what a great team. No wonder you succeed.

mystery motor next year? could a stroker motor be called something other than a 2J? Maybe a 2.5J or a 3.4J? This should be an interesting revelation and I'm looking forward to the surprise. Curtis, you didn't buy the TopSecret V12 Supra, did you?

Fuck now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in