Wheel/Tire Size/Offset Thread: Search here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 117 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheel/Tire Size/Offset Thread: Search here!

Wheel/Tire Size/Offset Thread: Search here!

For those who have pulled or done more than usual rear fender mods (not WB), what size wheel you run out back & offset ? I'm well aware of 11.5" rears fitting w some cutting/rolling but wanting to see what was out there that was 12"
    I know the back spacing will be somewhat standard so the rest will fall on the front spacing.

TIA
    Rik
    ///

ALPINE 6spd BPU
    BLACK 6spd SP71-APU J. Nenni Tuned
    BLACK SC/GTE BL62-APU BUILT R154 4"DP/MP dual APEXI'S - SOLD
    E-Designo Edition 55 AMG - S/C Pulley Headers IC Belt wrap Heat Exchanger ECU/TCU EX - Daily
    4Runner SR5 Sports Edition - Lifted
    RX7 FD R1 - BW/EFR83 Fully Built

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Depending on tire size, alignment and what kind of fitment/look you want or going for, you can do 12s rear.

Let's say 335 tire on a 18" wheel & not a huge deep dish wheel lip but decent enough.
    You think there would be alignment issues as in negative camber/contact patch ? If so, how do the wb guys do it? It's still the same rear suspension.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RikTT View Post
    Let's say 335 tire on a 18" wheel & not a huge deep dish wheel lip but decent enough.
    You think there would be alignment issues as in negative camber/contact patch ? If so, how do the wb guys do it? It's still the same rear suspension.
    I might be doing that soon... a 335... but what you need to understand that not all 335 wide tires are the same, some companies are wide and some are not.

there is a guy on here that just has a cut and he has 335 rears...but I dont know his rim size... He has a ren red supra.

I have ccw classics 18x11.5 and run 315 30 now... I am going 325 30 soon... I still have alot of rim... I might be able to do 335 on my 11.5 ccw classic rim. I just have a rear fender roll and not a cut.

why do you want 335's?

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSupra View Post
    I might be doing that soon... a 335... but what you need to understand that not all 335 wide tires are the same, some companies are wide and some are not.

there is a guy on here that just has a cut and he has 335 rears...but I dont know his rim size... He has a ren red supra.

why do you want 335's?
    I think 36chambers run 335 on stock body w/fender cut.
    I'm aware of the tire size in both width & height fitment as i had a few from the past. Like how BF's are "meaty" in height & some of the other brands in terms of sidewall construction and whatnot as a few examples.
    I think i want 335's for the same reason you do Rogue especially the look outback

SupraForums Member
    ... I am going 325 30 soon...
    where have you found a 325/30 18?

TIA,
    craig
    Government cannot give anything to anybody that it doesn't first take from somebody else. Whenever somebody receives something without working for it, somebody else has to work for it without receiving. The worst thing that can happen to a nation is for half of the people to get the idea they don't have to work because somebody else will work for them, and the other half to get the idea that it does no good to work because they don't get to enjoy the fruits of their labor.
    - Adrian Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by RikTT View Post
    I think 36chambers run 335 on stock body w/fender cut.
    I'm aware of the tire size in both width & height fitment as i had a few from the past. Like how BF's are "meaty" in height & some of the other brands in terms of sidewall construction and whatnot as a few examples.
    I think i want 335's for the same reason you do Rogue especially the look outback
    Yea I think thats his name... he has a pic of it in his sig... I talked to him about the cut vs roll along time ago. I just want to do 335 to fill out my rim... lol I need it for the street I need the grip.

Quote Originally Posted by crackanoon View Post
    where have you found a 325/30 18?

TIA,
    craig
    What do you mean where? You can order them or buy them in person. Most of the time you have to order them. Are you asking the brand cause you can not find them? Michelin makes 325 30 18's man.

SupraForums Member
    ...What do you mean where? You can order them or buy them in person. Most of the time you have to order them. Are you asking the brand cause you can not find them? Michelin makes 325 30 18's man.
    ha, guess i was a little vague.

Michelin huh? you'll have to direct me... i've only seen 325/30's in 19's.
    craig

Yeah just a little vague so I had to ask.

Yes Michelin is not the only one that makes a 325 30 R18 man.

Have you checked online?

SupraForums Member
    Yeah, all over - having no luck... I found a DR in 315/35 18 (m&h, hoosier, or toyo - i can't remember which), but other than that, i've only found standard sizes in 18's: 305/35, 315/30, 335/30, 345/30... no 325/30.

post a link?

TIA,
    craig

It's all ball bearings... Chris Peterson's Avatar
    RikTT: You may want to contact Ron (StSupDog) since he runs 12" wide HREs on his MKIV. Here's a comment he made on his wheels from that thread:

Quote Originally Posted by StSupDog View Post
    The 19x12 were not easy to fit under the stock body... but, they did , I first tried the 315/25 r19 but, had serious traction issues and the side wall was real thin... Continenetal width specs on "their" 295/30 r19 were just as fat as the 315/25 so I tried them and they work Great! 295's on a 12" lol but, trust me when I tell you it is basicly a 315/30.. here's a pic of my wheel with no tire..
    I also recall him commenting somewhere else that he had to do some serious hammering on the inner fender well to get enough clearance for the 12" rears. Hopefully he can lead you in the right direction, he was very helpful when I contacted him about how he did his S2K seats install, so you should be good to go. I hope that helps, good luck!

Chris

Chris, thanks for that bit of info. I have planned well ahead several months ago for this step so this feedback is great. I'll contact StSup, Ron for his thoughts as well.

I'm concerned with the contact patch at this width on our cars. Most of the rim will be front spacing as the back spacing can only be but so wide. Throw in the lowering factor and it may present some issues. I'm not crazy low btw.
    Anyone else with pics ?

SupraForums Member
    i know this is about stock body w pulled/rolled fenders but my 19x12's fit very tight but i didn't have to beat the fender well in like i've seen on some cars. Some i've seen i done to didn't even have 12". I have a 7" backspacing with a 5" front spacing. When i jack mine up they are hard to turn seeing with the suspension all the way out the sidewall rubs. With regular weight all is well. Im running a 345/30 and I'm not sure on my offset. I wanna say +23 but im not positve.

I commented on this as it pertains to the amount of back spacing. The 7" measurement came from when i was taking wheel measurements to have my wheels made. I may still have them but they are not hard to take. I dont know the amount of front spacing on the stock body so i cant really help there.
    Last edited by 93na; 09-12-2009 at 08:34 PM.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 93na View Post
    i know this is about stock body w pulled/rolled fenders but my 19x12's fit very tight but i didn't have to beat the fender well in like i've seen on some cars... I have a 7" backspacing... Im running a 345/30 and I'm not sure on my offset. I wanna say +23 but im not positve...
    so you're running a 19x12 under a stock body? can you post some pics... particularly some that clearly show how close to flush they sit?

this is interesting b/c conventional wisdom says 'no way' a 345/30 mounted on a 19x12 should fit under a stock wheel well.

and your offset should be 1" or 25.4mm right? midline of a 12" wheel is 6" on either side... 7" BS leaves a 1" offset, no?

i'm very interested b/c my own fitment is a little unconventional and i may want to try some 335's. car should be done in the next couple weeks. current rears are 315/30 MT DR's on 18x11.5's. two odd things though:

1. the sidewalls don't cover the outer edge of my wheel at all (almost like a stretch fit - outer edge protrudes like a curb feeler!)... i'm wondering if a 335 might fit the wheel better.

and...

2. my builder (one of the most reputable on the forums), said that the 315's on 18x11.5 + 52's fit under my STOCK fenders - no roll... no cut... no pull... no beating the inner well. and the car isn't lifted in the rear (Tein RE coilovers). i can't explain it, but i'm hoping i might have room to try a larger tire (either 335's or the 305/35 MT's).

craig

No, ...It was NEVER NA!!! NAforNOW's Avatar
    Im running a 17x11.5 right now with a 10mm spacer, and Nitto dr 315-35. I could easily change my outer barrel to one .5" larger. In fact, ..I might just do that in a few months. Just not a priority right now. My fenders are rolled flat, btw.
    ---- 93.5 TT auto, targa, PT61 w/ .68AR exh. and Tial 44mm wg, on Greddy header, 3" dp into 4" SS exhaust w/ Burns muffler, r154 w/ HPF bronze kit, HDI fmic, Tial Q bov, MapECU -Bilstein/Eibachs, WW lip, TRD wing, CCW Classics 18x10 & 17x11.5, painted E-codes w/ 8000K hids, Nardi Deep Corn, Bride Gias, Hurst shifter! ----

---- '96 Dodge 3500 flatbed, w/ some mods,..pulling a 2005 36' Pro Pull float w/ 12K axles and hydraulic discs, GET HER DONE! ----

---- 04 custom built, hard tail chopper "Chunky Love" 124ci S&S Super Sidewinder, custom Baker 5speed,...----

T1 TUNED
    i would like to see some pics as well.. on there cars

I have 345/30/18 BFG drag radials on an 18 x 12 wheel on my stock body supra. Rear has been cut and pulled.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 93na View Post
    I commented on this as it pertains to the amount of back spacing. The 7" measurement came from when i was taking wheel measurements to have my wheels made. I may still have them but they are not hard to take. I dont know the amount of front spacing on the stock body so i cant really help there.
    I have a Trd widebodykit. I was only commenting on the rear portion of the wheel. i was saying i know how much can fit in the back but not the front of a rim for a stock body. I will find my measurement sheet from when i ordered my wheels to get the exact size and offset in the a.m.

T1 TUNED
    pics pics pics please post your 12in wheel on your car

Yeah just a little vague so I had to ask.

Yes Michelin is not the only one that makes a 325 30 R18 man.

Have you checked online?
    I worked at a tire store for around four years and never saw/heard of/found a 325/30/18. Even if you did find one, you'd have seriously limited choices when it comes to tires.

SupraForums Member
    ^^^yeah, i've still not been able to find any.
    craig

Craig your lazy ways are killing me.... Call Michelin... Tell them you want Michelin Pilot SX MXX3 325/30 R 18 and you will get them.

Zach90Turbo Good for you, but working in a tire store does not show you everything. Call Michelin, nuff said on that for the tire size. You would not see it in a tire store unless someone came in and put in an order for it. Not every car runs something this wide.

To anyone else in the thread when you post up your tire please put your rim as well.

Any chance someone could post up some pics with offsets listed ?

SupraForums Member
    ... Yes Michelin is not the only one that makes a 325 30 R18 man...
    Craig your lazy ways are killing me.... Call Michelin...

ha, not lazy bro, ty'd i been lookin' so hawwd.

seriously though, googled "325/30 18" - zero availability.

granted, i didn't look at all 323,000 hits for "325/30 18"... i didn't even look at all 848 hits for "michelin pilot sx mxx3 325/30 zr 18"... but i quickly scanned the dozen or so in english... none were ads to purchase.

craig

Pics!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 117 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in