JZA80 Differential Info! - Page 12

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Results 276 to 290 of 290

Thread: JZA80 Differential Info!

  1. #276

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alby82 View Post
    Hi Wreckless,
    I finished the work on the differential, the new final ratio work very well!
    Now I have the last problem, the speedometer sign 120km/h but the real speed is 135km/h... I remember you that I have a R154 gearbox. There is a way to change the speedometer signal in order to have the right speed? (i.e. with an ohm trimmer or something similar )
    Glad to hear you've got it together! 135km/h is barely moving for a Supra, though! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.supraforums.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
    I've used a Dakota Digital SGI-5 speed signal converter on several Chevy/Dodge/Ford builds with similar issues and/or trans swaps, I believe it would work just fine on our Toyotas.
    Thank you very much for the suggestion, I ordered the SGI-5.
    135km/h is the 2th gear top speed, after there is the 3th, 4th...😂

  2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #277

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lange View Post
    I've used the SGI-5 on Toyotas, it works well.

    Jeff
    Thank you very much Jeff for the confirmation! 😉

  4. #278
    SupraForums Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Calgary and OC, Cali, Baby!
    Posts
    148
    @Wreckless

    From the sticky;

    "Notes:
    Any LSD for a 'small diff' application will install into any other 'small diff'. A TT auto or NA Supra's factory option LSD or aftermarket LSD intended for a TT auto or NA will install flawlessly into any other 'small diff' whether it came from a MK4, SC, or GS. "

    Answered my question; thanks so much, boss!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #279
    handy with the steel CDSaints's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    302
    If I'm reading correctly, I should be able to install a 4.08 ring and pinion set from a mid 90's SC300 onto my Auto-TT diff?

    More specifically, I'd like to upgrade the differential to an OS Giken unit, and I'd like to go to a 4.10-ish ratio...the stock 3.76 is a bit tall coupled with my T56M....4.10 would bring it right about in line with stock V160 gearing.

    If this is the case, all I'd need would be the new diff plus Lexus p/n 41201-80027, and the various seals, bolts, etc....

    Lots of good info in this thread! Thanks for all who have contributed.


    93 Supra TT Sportroof - BPU | HKS Hipermax IV GT, TRD Sway Bars, CCW Classics + Toyo R888r | T56 Magnum Swap
    17 4runner TRD Offroad
    14 Audi SQ5
    IG: @cdsaints427

  7. #280
    Super Moderator Wreckless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    9,843
    Quote Originally Posted by CDSaints View Post
    If I'm reading correctly, I should be able to install a 4.08 ring and pinion set from a mid 90's SC300 onto my Auto-TT diff?

    More specifically, I'd like to upgrade the differential to an OS Giken unit, and I'd like to go to a 4.10-ish ratio...the stock 3.76 is a bit tall coupled with my T56M....4.10 would bring it right about in line with stock V160 gearing.

    If this is the case, all I'd need would be the new diff plus Lexus p/n 41201-80027, and the various seals, bolts, etc....

    Lots of good info in this thread! Thanks for all who have contributed.
    Yes. The 4.082:1 R&P from a Lexus SC or GS so equipped will bolt right in to a 200mm TT auto diff, and it will work perfectly with the OS Giken Super Lock for a TT auto or NA MK4.
    Jeff
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, chicks and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." -- George Best
    Quote Originally Posted by KING View Post
    Who would have ever thought.....the impact an automobile can make.....

  8. #281
    handy with the steel CDSaints's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    302
    Sweet. Thanks for the confirmation!

  9. #282
    I'm back!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Jacksonville Florida
    Posts
    6,710
    Hey guys, my IS300 has the Subara BRZ rear end from the but the gearing totally sucks! It has 4.11 gears that run out way too soon. Can anyone assist me on figuring out what can fit in place of this and what can get me down to the mid 3s on gearing? I have looked for a ring and pinion for this rear and but NO ONE makes 3.xx for it, everyone wants more than 4.

  10. #283
    Boost Junkie 1A1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    12,230
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by braddman View Post
    Hey guys, my IS300 has the Subara BRZ rear end from the but the gearing totally sucks! It has 4.11 gears that run out way too soon. Can anyone assist me on figuring out what can fit in place of this and what can get me down to the mid 3s on gearing? I have looked for a ring and pinion for this rear and but NO ONE makes 3.xx for it, everyone wants more than 4.
    Id reach out to PHR and see what they recommend.

    STeve


    1993.5 Anthracite 6 SPD//PRO EFI//PTE6766//3-Row//E-85Fuel Sys//PHR I/M//GSC//IP 10/1 motor//Manley//RPS C/C//CCW C14//Brembo BBK//TRD LSD//930WHP/38PSI
    2009 BMW 535i Sport FBO
    2011 Land Cruiser

  11. #284
    Super Moderator Wreckless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    9,843
    Quote Originally Posted by braddman View Post
    Hey guys, my IS300 has the Subara BRZ rear end from the but the gearing totally sucks! It has 4.11 gears that run out way too soon. Can anyone assist me on figuring out what can fit in place of this and what can get me down to the mid 3s on gearing? I have looked for a ring and pinion for this rear and but NO ONE makes 3.xx for it, everyone wants more than 4.
    It's the same R&P as used in the MK3 Supra. So any MK3 3.73 or 3.91 R&P will drop in to the IS300 diff housing when properly adjusted. A 3.58:1 R&P set is available as well, but only as a used part.

    Weir Performance is another good place to call - they deal with a lot of MK3 and other Toyota rear end parts.

  12. #285
    Dr. Jeff Lange Jeff Lange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9,333
    41201-80125 is a 3.58:1 gear set that should still be available from Toyota. It was used on European models until 2010, so you may need to bring it in from Toyota Europe or Japan.
    41201-80050 is a 3.73:1 gear set
    41201-80052 is a 3.91:1 gear set

    Jeff
    Last edited by Jeff Lange; 07-19-2018 at 10:22 PM.
    2011 Lexus IS350 Obsidian "F-Sport 6MT" with LSD
    1986 AE86 Corolla GT-S Supercharged

  13. #286

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooMan View Post
    Draw of IS F diff, it have 8.2" 208mm final gear

    Exactly what I need for my gs6-53dz convesion. Do you have any more info about this diff? The 3.133 diff is nearly impossible to find where I live and the 3.266 is too short for this setup.

  14. #287
    Super Moderator Wreckless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    9,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Punky666 View Post
    Exactly what I need for my gs6-53dz convesion. Do you have any more info about this diff? The 3.133 diff is nearly impossible to find where I live and the 3.266 is too short for this setup.
    Thanks to information shared by Jeff Lange, I know that the FD21A nomenclature matches the newer designations of what we call the 200mm 'small' diff in reference to MK4 compatibility. The illustration seems to show it as being very similar if not identical to the later Lexus 200mm carriers, such as those found in the SC430.

    Compatibility with a MK4 chassis is unconfirmed. Potential issues include incompatible axle stubs and an incompatible drive shaft flange. But adding a 2.917 would be exciting for the auto guys.

  15. #288

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    California
    Posts
    25
    I have a 98 supra that was originally a N/A car with an auto transmission but I went ahead and did the TT JDM non-vvti swap with the 5 speed transmission. I want to upgrade to 6 speed V160. Do I have to change my differential? If so can anyone tell me if this looks correct for a 6 speed TT differential? I am making a deal with someone but want to make sure its what's being advertised. Thanks in advance.

  16. #289
    Super Moderator Wreckless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    9,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Supratt81 View Post
    I have a 98 supra that was originally a N/A car with an auto transmission but I went ahead and did the TT JDM non-vvti swap with the 5 speed transmission. I want to upgrade to 6 speed V160. Do I have to change my differential? If so can anyone tell me if this looks correct for a 6 speed TT differential? I am making a deal with someone but want to make sure its what's being advertised. Thanks in advance.
    Yes you need to change your differential to match a V160. I don't mean to sound salty but that has been exhaustively covered on virtually every V160 conversion thread/faq/etc for the past 15+ years, and if you haven't established those basics I would really encourage you to dig deeper and do more research because a V160 conversion is very expensive these days, and I hate seeing fellow enthusiasts under estimate their budget and end up with a parked, half-finished project or worse, have to part things out at a loss because it ended up being too expensive to complete.

    The picture is a big flange 220mm 'big diff' from a Supra, and depending on the market it will be a 3.133:1, 3.266:1 or a 3.538:1. The picture isn't quite good enough to say for certain but it looks to have the 1-pot 'NA' rear brakes which would firmly establish that rear end as the 3.266:1 from a 93 to may 96 JDM Supra RZ TT 6-spd. As such, it would be perfect for a V160 conversion and could use all the OEM TT 6-spd support parts to complete the install (drive shaft, etc). Either way it is overwhelmingly likely that it's a 3.266:1 JDM RZ subframe just because it is incredibly unusual to see a US spec rear subframe sold in that fashion, and the 3.538:1 was a Euro/Mid East market option only and profoundly rare compared to the already uncommon US spec cars.

    Be mindful also about the OBD-II complications of the swap, being a '98. It will vary by county in California as I understand it but it is extremely problematic to get a JDM 2JZ-GTE swapped fully over to an full Cali-legal OBD-II compliant configuration that'll pass BAR standards.

  17. #290

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    California
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Supratt81 View Post
    I have a 98 supra that was originally a N/A car with an auto transmission but I went ahead and did the TT JDM non-vvti swap with the 5 speed transmission. I want to upgrade to 6 speed V160. Do I have to change my differential? If so can anyone tell me if this looks correct for a 6 speed TT differential? I am making a deal with someone but want to make sure its what's being advertised. Thanks in advance.
    Yes you need to change your differential to match a V160. I don't mean to sound salty but that has been exhaustively covered on virtually every V160 conversion thread/faq/etc for the past 15+ years, and if you haven't established those basics I would really encourage you to dig deeper and do more research because a V160 conversion is very expensive these days, and I hate seeing fellow enthusiasts under estimate their budget and end up with a parked, half-finished project or worse, have to part things out at a loss because it ended up being too expensive to complete.

    The picture is a big flange 220mm 'big diff' from a Supra, and depending on the market it will be a 3.133:1, 3.266:1 or a 3.538:1. The picture isn't quite good enough to say for certain but it looks to have the 1-pot 'NA' rear brakes which would firmly establish that rear end as the 3.266:1 from a 93 to may 96 JDM Supra RZ TT 6-spd. As such, it would be perfect for a V160 conversion and could use all the OEM TT 6-spd support parts to complete the install (drive shaft, etc). Either way it is overwhelmingly likely that it's a 3.266:1 JDM RZ subframe just because it is incredibly unusual to see a US spec rear subframe sold in that fashion, and the 3.538:1 was a Euro/Mid East market option only and profoundly rare compared to the already uncommon US spec cars.

    Be mindful also about the OBD-II complications of the swap, being a '98. It will vary by county in California as I understand it but it is extremely problematic to get a JDM 2JZ-GTE swapped fully over to an full Cali-legal OBD-II compliant configuration that'll pass BAR standards.
    Thank you for your expertise bro.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •