Supra Forums banner

Ryan's aka ☆ NORTHSTAR 94 RR Supra Build ☆ | HRE | Ridox | & Never ending mods..

105K views 699 replies 190 participants last post by  Lagtime 
#1 · (Edited)
Ryan's aka ☆ NORTHSTAR 94 RR Supra Build ☆ | HRE | Ridox | & Never ending mods..

Welcome to my build page!

I am also on Instagram, follow me: Ninja_Ryan

Build Update Quick Links

**These dates are not the dates of the mod installed, but that dates I have added to the build thread.

Year: 2011

- August 1, 2011: Build page started
- August 1, 2011: HRE Wheels
- August 1, 2011: Dash Restore
- August 1, 2011: HKS/Paisley Lip
- August 1, 2011: 3M Clear bra -Front bumper and Lip
- August 3, 2011: Ridox Side Skirts Arrive
- August 4, 2011: Added Carbon Fiber diversion plate
- August 9, 2011: Ridox Side Skirt Install
- August 29, 2011: Ridox Side Skirts painted and Installed
- September 1, 2011: Night shot picture of Ridox Side Skirt
- September 14, 2011: More Pictures Added
- September 26, 2011: LED Interior Light Install
- October 18, 2011: HID 55w 8000k Fog and Low Beam Install
- November 3, 2011: Some quick pics added
- November 18, 2011: Added Aerolite Carbon Fiber Fuse and ABS Rely Cover

Year: 2012

- June 27, 2012: Tan Carpet Removal and Dye to Black
- June 28, 2012: Audio Build List
- June 28, 2012: Audio Upgrade: Stock Subwoofer Replacment
- June 28, 2012: Audio Upgrade: Stock Rear Speaker Replacement
- June 28, 2012: Audio Upgrade: Stock Front Speaker Replacement
- June 28, 2012: Audio Upgrade: Stock Amp Replacement with JL XD 700/5
- July 11, 2012: Audio Upgrade : Head Unit - Double Din AVH-P3400BH
- July 12, 2012: Snapped a few pics
- October 9, 2012: Picture with Baltic Blue Supra

Year: 2013

- January 16, 2013: Wednesday Night Meet Pictures
- May 17, 2013: Polished Headlight
- June 7, 2013: Pictures from Real Street Dyno and V2 Lab Meet
- June 10, 2013: Add some daily life Pics of my Supra: 97k miles, Lance Alignment, etc..
- June 10, 2013: Induction Performance buying experience
- June 10, 2013: ProEFI 128 unboxing
- June 20, 2013: Upper Radiator Hose - Make/Build your own.
- June 26, 2013: GSC S1 Camshaft, GSC Beehive Springs & Ti Retainers, and GSC Valve Stem Seals
- July 8, 2013: Ferrea valve locks, Gates Racing belts (timing & serpentine), New OEM tensioner, gaskets, & cam seal
- July 9, 2013: Billet Tensioner & Driftmotion Pulleys
- August 2, 2013: Some Video clips of idle on stack cams HKS Ti - 4 inch from down pipe back added
- August 2, 2013: GSC S1 Cam Install
- August 4, 2013: Leak down test - Cylinder 1 failed
- August 8, 2013: Motor pulled: Time to go fully built motor
- August 19, 2013: More tear down pics of the motor
- October 4, 2013: New Turbo: PT 6766
- October 4, 2013: CP Pistons - High Compression 10:1 with upgraded wrist pins

See less See more
#641 ·
HKS Hipermax IV GT coilovers

I always wanted to "upgrade" my suspension to a coilover setup and have an easier time to adjust dampening. My old suspension set was the classic Koni Yellow / Ebiach Pro suspension. I went with HKS Hipermax IV GT coilovers for my new setup:

Package arrived packed very well.

#642 ·
Install time: Pretty straight forward on coliover install.

Front ..Koni Ebiach vs HKS

Rear.. Koni Ebiach vs HKS

#643 · (Edited)
nothing goes as smooth sometimes. The sway bar end links bolt rusted and could not be taken off so I had to end up grinding it off. I am also lucky that autozone carried the sway bar end link in stock as well!

Finished all four corners and had to only adjust the left rear. A bit to low as you cant even put a finger gap in it.

Back up she goes..

This angle is a bit deceiving as it looks higher than it is. Its only a finger gap now.

This is how it settles now.

Time to schedule an alignment!

#644 ·
Car looks great Ryan. Love the wheel update. :bigthumb:

#646 · (Edited)
Thanks Craig! Me too.. I like this color much better even though every car out there has black face wheels now lol

Looking good, Ryan. Glad you were able to get the centers re-done without incurring any damage to the lips.
Thanks buddy! Just trying to keep up with your amazing build! hahaha!

#645 ·
Looking good, Ryan. Glad you were able to get the centers re-done without incurring any damage to the lips.

#647 ·
Alignment

Went to try to get an alignment after getting new tires and putting on new coilovers. As always when i go to any type of service places, I wish techs would let us owners drive our cars up the ramp our selves. The tech.. stalled out my car so many times trying to get up the ramp. The tech almost crushed my side skirt cause he stalled and rolled backwards on the ramp. I had to tell the tech. use Ebrake and gas to get the car up ramp so it wont roll back when you stall!

The tech. could not get my driver side lower control arm assembly bolt off to adjust it. Told me that it's rusted on and the impact could not break it loose. The tech. asked my permission to try a breaker bar and i told him NO cause he may break the bolt and there are no stores that stock this, especially since the lower assembly is discontinued.

So it looks like I will have to try to get this bolt off my self. Spent the last few days liquid wrench and pb blaster the two bolts that are rusted on LCA and the lower arm. I am going to replace these bolts with new OEM. However, I am stuck waiting on Toyota to ship me those stupid bolts and washers. One stupid washer is delaying my order from being shipped cause they ran out of stock and Toyota has to get that single washer else where thus delaying my shipment. I been waiting 10 days. :mad: still..

No issues with the passenger side rear, but here is a pic of the LCA rear.

#648 ·
Funny! After i just posted this Toyota called and apologized about the wait and delay. They will overnight me the parts free of charge! Looks like I will get to fix this bolt issue this weekend.

#649 ·
sweeeeettt. in the future, use Kroil. It'll loosen anything. you can scoop it from grainger, or directly at Kano industries.

#650 ·
Thanks man! I have seen Kroil in stores and on amazon.. dang that stuff is expensive compared to PB and Liquid Wrench!

#651 ·
#652 ·
why are they different lengths?!

#653 ·
The LCA bolt should be longer than the toe camber bolt.

#655 ·
Hey man! Sorry for the late reply. Thank for taking the time to read the build.

Best of luck on your hunt!

man.. i need to update my build thread! Some new changes!

#657 ·
Bumping the thread.
Do you have any interior shots of your speakers mounted in the doors with the grills on. Also how did you mount the grills? Only pictures I saw had the speakers mounted but no grills on. Did you do the factory grills or some aftermarket ones?

#658 ·
Hey Gary! So sorry lol. I am not sure why i did not get notified, but i also have been neglecting coming here to SF.

I am using the OEM speaker grill and sometimes they do fall off because the plastic prongs have broken and no real good way of holding them in. I did hot glue one side speaker grill and its been holding on just fine for now.

#659 ·
Wow.. I have a lot of catching up to do on my build... it's been awhile.

#660 ·
Yup. At least 3-4 years worth! Get to it, my friend. 🙂

Ken.

• Haha
Reactions: Northstar
#661 ·
Okay.. time to pick up where i left off.... its been awhile. The bolt was rusted in like a mofo and basically broke it off!

#662 ·
Bought a new Lower Control Arm for both sides and decided upgrade my traction and toe bars with Battle Version. A much more solid product and its also adjustable - the OEM was very light and hallow.

#663 · (Edited)
The toe bar was a pain in the ass to get off.. I basically had cut it out... stupid rust from the north lol..

after it was cut.

OEM vs Battle Version

#664 ·
After taking off the OEM traction and toe bars the install went smooth on both sides.

#665 ·
Now for the driver side....

#666 ·
Back to the alignment shop and everything went very smooth this time. I parked my Supra waiting to get the alignment rack and a Trans Am owner saw my Supra parked and wanted to see it and stop by and talk cars. Took some quick pics

Anyways... stuck with the Lance Alignment or close to it. Never did my tires and traction wrong..

#667 ·
Time to replace the 94 Camry steering.. how did I put up with it for so long lol... sheeezzzz.

#668 ·
Here is the info for all that still have the Camry type steering wheel and who do not want to the super expensive TRD pro steering wheels now lol..

Steering Wheel can be replaced with the following:

1996 - 1999 OEM Toyota Celica
Cover / Airbag 1998 - 2000 Rav 4

I found a steering wheel off of ebay. Seller was really good as it was packed very well.

#670 ·
The steering wheel did not come with an Airbag so i bought a cover with an airbag, but after the purchase I was not sure if i really want or need it as this air bag was damn old and may do more damage to me personally thus I did not connect the air bag.

#672 ·
Welcome back Ryan! It's been a while!

After all this time I thought it was safe to assume you were long gone! Good to see you still have the car, still at it, and back on the boards!

-Rich
Hey Rich!

Thanks man! Yeah just life got a bit busy for me as i have kids now lol. I mainly just posted in IG. I did lurk the forums here and there but i am more active on SF again. Your build looks great! Hope you are enjoying your Supra!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.