What did you do to your MKIV today

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 184 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your MKIV today

SupraForums Member Rocketman1000R's Avatar

What did you do to your MKIV today

As many of you know I have great appreciation for the Supra especially the MKIV as it has always been one of my dream cars come true. I purchased my MKIV in September of 2006. I wanted to attend my first SILV in it in 2006, a good year for SILV as it was a big attendance. Although it was a rough example by comparison to what it is now I didn't care, it was mine and I knew it was a good example to start with considering I have built a few cars in the past and knew the sky was the limit with this car and the community of folks that owned MKIV's were a step up from the groveling community of Starquest and DSM owners I was dealing before. Although SF has changed drastically since 2006 to what it is now with people attacking OP as oppose to helping each other I still read it nearly every day at work. Since the purchase of my ren red six speed till now I have learned a lot about these cars but never had much time to do the work myself as I work more than most people you will ever meet in places around the world most would not attempt to go for long periods of time. But that said it has afforded me the opportunity to have the work done by others. I have met a lot of great Supra owners that I would have never other wise such as "The Great Ken Henderson", one of the OG's and best contributors of this great community and pioneers of mods that would later be popular mods today and the guys at FSR for there willing to help others, great attitude and putting supras back on the track. Through my journey I have also meet some very undesirable individuals who ripped me off, lied to me and caused me to have builds redone several times, wasting tons of money because they were just hack jobs. My Supra has spent more time in a shop under a knife than driving it because I later found that modding these cars can be a obsession that leads to more and more, LOL!!! I know a lot you can relate to this. I however enjoy reading what everyone has done to there Supra especially the MKIV so after reading the MKIII thread asking everyone what did you do to your MKIII today I was surprised there wasn't one for the EPIC MKIV, so here it is. "What have you done to your MKIV today"? Pictures and detailed illustrations welcomed, cut downs and rants ARE NOT..Thanks
    Last edited by Rocketman1000R; 08-26-2011 at 04:56 AM.
    97 Turbo six speed, House of Kolor Paint, CCW 505A, Nitto INVO, AEM Infinity 10, Flex fuel, Tomie pistons, Manley Turbo Tuff Rods, ACL bearings, CT5 HX CompTurbo, VVTI GSC S2 cams, Supertech Valve train, Billet mains, Knife edge crank treated by WPC, RMR intake, IDC 2000, PHR triple hanger, PHR piece drive shaft ,KW V3, TRD dif, OG Giken R3C clutch, Wigging's clamps, 6" Extreme Turbo Systems Intercooler, Custom Saddle Tan interior, Du Luck cross bar, 10K rpm tach, 220mph speedo and gaugeART. See my link: https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...ge3&highlight=

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Nothing since my car is still in the shop getting a motor rebuild. Sucks, I hate being without my car but hopefully all will come out okay when it's over. And your right about waisting money with bad decisions, I've done that too.
    93 Baltic Blue (6spd) hardtop - PT6870 - 10.1CR - E85 - AEM Infinity - 950hp/840tq @ 35psi - 3000lbs
    97 White SC300

!!!! Too funny Brent! I was thinking the SAME exact thing going from mk3 to here. I was going to start a thread like this but you beat me to it!

Today i painted my nasty ass stock calipers black. Pics up tomorrow.

'94 Supra HKS T51R "2JZUL8R"Ver. 3.0 L-Spec SEMA Build 2018 766RWHP 600RWTQ *** *Pics & Videos* ***
    '95 Supra Twin Turbo "2JZUL8R" Ver. 2.0 SEMA Build 2015 *** Pics/ Video *** (SOLD)
    '89 Supra GReddy T88 "2JZUL8R" Ver. 1.0 Import Tuner Feature Car 620RWHP 524RWTQ
    ***Pics/Video*** (SOLD)
    Winner of "SILV" Best Exterior Modified MKIII 2006/2007/2008
    ~RIP Mike Urbano~

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Nick did you remove the calipers, grind them smooth before primer and then use automotive paint and clear coat?

Quote Originally Posted by thrustn View Post
    Nothing since my car is still in the shop getting a motor rebuild. Sucks, I hate being without my car but hopefully all will come out okay when it's over. And your right about waisting money with bad decisions, I've done that too.
    Hey I see your in Houston, what shop do you use?
    Last edited by Rocketman1000R; 08-26-2011 at 05:02 AM.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman1000R View Post
    Hey I see your in Houston, what shop do you use?
    My car is at TSP (Team Shift Point). Do you also live Houston? Nice looking car btw.

I installed an ipod port, changed my oil and removed the middle bar that came in the factory front bumper, rocking the wide mouth bumper now!

|| Borg Warner/S366 || ProEFI || E85 || Single WALBRO 450lb/hr || Lucas 1260cc || Pressurized Concepts ||
    https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...ct-Defiance)))

Quote Originally Posted by thrustn View Post
    My car is at TSP (Team Shift Point). Do you also live Houston? Nice looking car btw.
    Yes, live in Houston. Any good hang outs where Supra's are?

Drove mine for the first time in 2 weeks

Installed my Carbonetics LSD two weeks ago, waiting for my R2 bushings to come in and looking for a good set of coilovers.

Nothing, still looking for one! Someday it will come.

Last night I've rerouted a few vacuum lines and got rid of a few things on the intake manifold. I'll be taking off my RMM lip after work so I can trim the sides of it and then reroute a fuel line. Tomorrow I will be wrapping the DP/MP
    "Obedience breeds discipline, discipline breeds unity, unity breeds power, power is life."
    Member since Aug. 2003
    1993 1JZ SC300
    1994 6766, BL AUTO, PI3800, FIC 850 fuel setup, twin denso pumps, Greddy FMIC and a few other things

SF Contributing Member
    Good call on the caliper re-paint - that one is on my short list of needed cosmetic upgrades!

I am working on installing a QSV to my PT6265 (damn studs are too short) and installing an aem/water meth kit which all I've done is mount the tank in the trunk.

Sadly motivation is running lower than it should be lately...a lot of sitting around saying to myself I should be doing this right now, but I'm too tired from work. I really need some time off!

Fixing cam seals, front main seal and oil filer bracket o-ring.

All PITA if you ask me. Especially when you're dealing with NA's.

BTW, go to the South section, there are meets at least once a month in there.
    My K24A2 Civic Build Thread:
    http://goo.gl/x7jPzv

My 2JZGE-T Supra Build Thread:
    http://goo.gl/YS3xXT

My 2JZGE > JDM Aristo 2JZGTE Complete Supra Build Thread:
    http://goo.gl/7fGCFP

My 1989 7MGTE > JDM 1JZGTE Complete Swap Thread:
    http://goo.gl/4rv5Kq

PM me for AN fittings, fuel/oil hose, aluminum piping, adapters, silicone couplers, clamps, etc.

Boost Addict
    I looked at it for about 2 minutes... then said game blouses and cut the grass.

'95 Turbo
    '11 2500HD

watching it collect dust while I buy the rest of the parts to put it back together.
    1994 Red/Black TT
    86K miles
    Roller...6 speed swap coming soon

Nice to see the MKIV guys doing the same stuff as the MKIII guys.
    If I had an MKIV, I would take it for a drive and Rape every Mustang I encountered!
    Since I don't I do it in my MKIII......Betty!

88 MKIII Turbo, HT, 5 spd, 7M, 570 rwhp @ 21psi on pump gas.
    Built by Induction Performance
    Tuned by Alpha

Pulled off comp housing to tackle slight oil drain seal leak right onto runners (Black)
    Changed Alt fuse (Alpine)
    ///

ALPINE 6spd BPU
    BLACK 6spd SP71-APU J. Nenni Tuned
    BLACK SC/GTE BL62-APU BUILT R154 4"DP/MP dual APEXI'S - SOLD
    E-Designo Edition 55 AMG - S/C Pulley Headers IC Belt wrap Heat Exchanger ECU/TCU EX - Daily
    4Runner SR5 Sports Edition - Lifted
    RX7 FD R1 - BW/EFR83 Fully Built

Last night I swapped the oem radiator cap for a TRD one I just got in the mail, lol!
    Plan on putting at least 50 miles on the odo this weekend supposed to be 80 and sunny all weekend here in Chicago
    Live simply. Love generously.
    Care deeply. Speak kindly.
    Leave the rest to God.

SF Contributing Member Northstar's Avatar
    hmmm just bought some LED's for the dome light, glove box, and rear hatch..including HID's for the fog lights to match my low beams...

This my current build thread of my Supra...

https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...er-ending-mods..
    Ryan
    '94 Single 6 Speed
    '15 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Altitude Edition
    Instagram

YouTube Channel

My RR Supra Build| HRE | Ridox |& More...

Quote Originally Posted by HellBringer View Post
    Not driving and/or modding a Supra is like not banging your hot, horny girlfriend/wife in hopes she'll be more appealing to her next boyfriend/husband.

SupraForums Member
    Yesterday I popped off all the center console pieces for repaint.
    1993.5 MKIV TT HT 6SPD.

opened the door to go for a ride , seen how clean it was then decided it was to clean to get dirty and dont want to reclean it so.... went back in the house

Quote Originally Posted by mikes93mkiv View Post
    opened the door to go for a ride , seen how clean it was then decided it was to clean to get dirty and dont want to reclean it so.... went back in the house

SupraForums Member
    My original speakers sounded like the surrounds were non-existent, and after almost 17 years I'm sure they are dust (she was just 17? hmmm). So I just got four MB Quart 6-1/2" and MB Quart tweeters with their nice crossovers, plus the 4X150 MB Quart amp, and a double-din Pioneer head unit with touch-screen, builit-in bluetooth for my phone and built-in ipod music connection etc. It's all installed as of yesterday along with some strategically installed Dynamat stuff but I haven't heard it yet, hoping to pick it up this weekend if Irene says it's OK to get there without a boat. To quote Rick who installed it all for me: "...dizzying initial impression...nothing short of fucking incredible, so crystal clear and powerful it made me a little emotional..."

Of course while we were at it, upon further investigation of a slight new noise I heard under the hood it turns out I also need a new serpentine belt tensioner so I just ordered one from Curt and will have that tomorrow < thanks again, Curt, for exemplary service.

I also just had twin velocity stack intakes fabricated last week so I can alternate them with the HKS intake filters I originally put on my twin setup. The original attempt with the stacks didn't have adequate hood clearance so Rick rearranged them. Now I'm even more anxious to get the car back so I can turn off the new stereo setup and really hear the effect of the intakes. The stacks allow the turbo sounds to come through much more dramatically so when it spools now it sounds like an angry A-10 Warthog.
    Last edited by Nick 95 6sp; 08-26-2011 at 01:36 PM.
    Nick 95 6sp
    Twin Garrett GT2860's w/TiAL SS exhaust housings, WG's and BOV's, V-band moded HKS twin manifolds, AEM v2, AEM WB, ID1000's,
    AEM meth/water spray, GSC S1's, ported head, Ferrea valvetrain, CP pistons w/crown & skirt coatings, Carrillo H-beams,
    OS Giken triple clutch & Super Lock LSD, Racelogic TC, TRD gen2 catback
    street wheels: Veilside EvoV 9-1/2"F X 10-1/2"R with 265/35F & 285/35R NT05's
    track wheels: CCW LM5 10"F X 11-1/2"R with 285/30F & 315/30R R888's

Nick where did you get your velocity stacks?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 184 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in