Caring for the A340 Factory automatic trans / built or stock - Page 8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Caring for the A340 Factory automatic trans / built or stock

SupraForums Member
    called toyota to get some T4 ATF for the supra and they kept telling me to get the dexron III fluid instead. wtf
    93 Alpine Silver TT Auto BPU: HKS Super Dragger, Random Tech hi flow cat, IK22 .032", K&N filter, Synapse DV diverter valve, MVP bcc, ebv spring mod x2 @ 13 psi, wg spring mod x3, innovate SCG-1 ~17 psi, emanage blue

Cooling: AIS W/M injection 12GPH, SM auto trans cooler external filter, CSF rad

Suspension and Handling: TRD front strut bar, bilstein shock/oem spring combo

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by shenofjo View Post
    called toyota to get some T4 ATF for the supra and they kept telling me to get the dexron III fluid instead. wtf
    Talk to someone else. Insist on the T4.

A340e uses dextron III air ATF 3 from Toyota. The ATF 4 actually slips more than 3
    1994 Toyota Supra Renaissance Red Built 3.0
    2008 Lexus IS-F Ultra Sonic Blue Full Bolt On
    fullsizeoutput_f09 by Tuan Nguyen, on Flickr
    fullsizeoutput_f07 by Tuan Nguyen, on Flickr

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Biologist View Post
    A340e uses dextron III air ATF 3 from Toyota. The ATF 4 actually slips more than 3
    That is what they gave me at the Toyota dealer, is that ok? I needed more fluid when I was in Tampa and they gave me the Toyota ATF at Induction Performance. Does Toyota not stock their own fluid anymore?

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Biologist View Post
    I would like to see 1200whp through this stage 3... And videos?
    The highest I have seen is 1000 at the wheels from baltic supra on his ATF unit. I saw someone post in another thread about, if ATF upgraded the input shaft it would make it easily good for 1000 and over. What are your thoughts on this?

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1A1 View Post
    My stock trans lived for a long time at 535whp back in the day. I also ran 2 coolers and kept an eye on temps.

Steve

What is the best trans cooler to run? I am running the Derale single electric fan? Are there dual fan coolers? Or is the Derale good enough?
    I am running a built auto.

I wanna go fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by rpinelli View Post
    What is the best trans cooler to run? I am running the Derale single electric fan? Are there dual fan coolers? Or is the Derale good enough?
    I have a bl built auto with a b&m cooler and a fan on a 175 thermostat. The cooler dissipates plenty of heat in the passenger fender where the ic used to be. I'm running a 3800 pi stall. I'll probably get a lot of hate for this but I think a lot of people really go overboard with the cooling on the auto. If your cooler dissipates enough heat to keep up on a 170 or 180 thermostat, you are fine. If you road race this may be a different story but in 100 degree weather with ac blasting and city or highway driving, mine was fine. Fan was always able to cycle. I was running 15 psi on gas and stock long block. More power and you may need more cooling as well. Again, if you can cycle your fan on a 170 or 180 you are cooling well.
    Last edited by carman336; 10-10-2016 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rpinelli View Post
    I'm going to be doing a triple cooler set up. two B&M coolers with fans on each brake duct, then a Mocal 40row on the radiator. overkill but a cooler trans is a happy trans.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shenofjo View Post
    T-IV started to be shipped in vehicles in late-late 90s early 00s. WS started around ~04.
    Up until ~2010 Toyota would put on the transmission dipstick what kind of fluid to add. Usually the white sticker
    ALL OEM tranny pan drain bolts will show DIII or TIV on it. Crawl under and look.

Hope this helps.

*edit* DO NOT mix any of the three types.
    Last edited by Brucebruce603; 10-16-2016 at 10:22 PM. Reason: dont mix

SupraForums Member
    since this is the auto trans thread, how many of you would think the car would benefit from running well made all aluminum radiator with internal auto cooler in line with a filter an other external filters? or would you rather not have it connected to the rad at all.

SupraForums Member
    Installed my auto trans temp on filter housing. Current routing transmission, external filter, trans cooler, back to trans. First time seeing auto trans data and surprised it takes 5+ minutes to crack 120'F and was in the 130-140 until parking/traffic speed where it went to 150s. Any issues with the slow warm up?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in