Caring for the A340 Factory automatic trans / built or stock - Page 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Caring for the A340 Factory automatic trans / built or stock

SupraForums Member SuperBrian85's Avatar
    Still weird how you have to pull the track fuse to increase your speed limit on a supra though at least its easy.
    Last edited by SuperBrian85; 05-03-2012 at 01:46 AM. Reason: I was wrong

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Actually, I'm pretty sure if you push the button your still limited, you have to pull the fuse to to be able to go any faster then 135
    ~Stephen~
    ProEFIFlexFuel
    10.78 @ 141mph

~My Build~ ForSale
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedGuy View Post
    The 2jz engine is in what car usually? Is it an aftermarket? Is there a place on the forum which explains the origin of the engine/specifications?

Quote Originally Posted by Sfitts2380 View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty sure if you push the button your still limited, you have to pull the fuse to to be able to go any faster then 135
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^This! Raced last Saturday with the TRAC off and still limited to 135MPH.

- Bio

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrian85 View Post
    People only pull the fuse if they don't want to push the button every time, or if they have 500+ whp. The speed is goverened by the computer. Be sure you are using proper tires when going that fast.
    Running Stock TT Wheels BFG KDW's T/A (Flame Pattern tires) 275/40/17 Rear 235/45/17 Front. I Push the button everytime im in the car after i start it. but still limited at 135MPH. i pulled the TRAC fuse and my O/D and TRAC light was blinking, so i put the fuse back in place.... any other Solutions? I know MVP or Speedforsale sells a SLD thats $100 i believe, but trying to find a Temporary way to do it for now. when money is evened out. (School)

- Bio
    1994 Toyota Supra Renaissance Red Built 3.0
    2008 Lexus IS-F Ultra Sonic Blue Full Bolt On
    fullsizeoutput_f09 by Tuan Nguyen, on Flickr
    fullsizeoutput_f07 by Tuan Nguyen, on Flickr

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Bump for Help

- Bio

SupraForums Member
    Guys the speed limiter is at 155mph, not 135mph.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB6876 View Post
    Guys the speed limiter is at 155mph, not 135mph.
    my car's rear end started being weird or shaking a little when i was at 135MPH didnt go pass that, even when i tried flooring it.

That's funny, I maxed out at about 160 before my speed limiter kicked in. You wouldn't happen to have a JDM ECU would you? And yes, pulling the trac fuse should get rid of the speed limiter.
    94 RR Supra TT - SCPerformance

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAWD View Post
    That's funny, I maxed out at about 160 before my speed limiter kicked in. You wouldn't happen to have a JDM ECU would you? And yes, pulling the trac fuse should get rid of the speed limiter.
    weird nope all USDM, pulled the TRAC fuse and saw my O/D light flash and my TRAC light on. so i put the fuse back in after finding out that it'll shorten the life of the trans. then the next day my CEL light went on, O/D flashing, TRAC light staying on, and my Malfunction lamp light went on. i hear this is a common problem after researching. about to go pull the codes today and see whats up. also when you were in 160 was your O/D on or off? mine was off so im sure its probably that since my max gear is only third with O/D off. didnt want to risk blowing up the transmission.

- Bio

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Biologist View Post
    my car's rear end started being weird or shaking a little when i was at 135MPH didnt go pass that, even when i tried flooring it.
    Then something is wrong with your car or your rear end. The speed limiter is 155mph, not 135mph. Look up the OEM specs of the Supra. It is speed limited to 155mph.

SupraForums Member SuperBrian85's Avatar
    I am getting my car tuned this week, and will like to have anti lag. Honestly trying to save some money so I won't have to bring my tuner to the track. What is the stock stall speed for the turbo autos a340e? I do plan on getting a built auto though need to save up. As well is there anything else he should know. Most of the clients have 6 speeds, or built autos already with custom setups. Thank you for the help.

Los Angeles, CA - San Jose, Costa Rica - Miami Beach, FL
    Why isn't this thread a sticky in the MKIV FAQ section?!

'98 Supra™ Quicksilver Single Turbo <RPS Manifold> | 6-Speed | 36,xxx miles

SupraForums Member
    weird nope all USDM, pulled the TRAC fuse and saw my O/D light flash and my TRAC light on. so i put the fuse back in after finding out that it'll shorten the life of the trans. then the next day my CEL light went on, O/D flashing, TRAC light staying on, and my Malfunction lamp light went on. i hear this is a common problem after researching. about to go pull the codes today and see whats up. also when you were in 160 was your O/D on or off? mine was off so im sure its probably that since my max gear is only third with O/D off. didnt want to risk blowing up the transmission.

- Bio
    You need to have the overdrive on to hit 155mph

Quote Originally Posted by reimundo View Post
    You need to have the overdrive on to hit 155mph

sorry for being late yeah i realized that but if i turn overdrive on while maxing 3rd gear would it still harm my OD clutches?

- Bio

Question when you change the fluids are you COMPLETELY flushing it out or just dropping the pan and filling it in? wouldn't it build Heat faster than usual? also Im racing on the Auto from a roll 40-140 and my speed limiter stopped at 135MPH. do i pull the TRAC fuse out? been searching all day and couldnt find a legit answer. also upgrading to a GS300 Trans Pan. thanks.

- Bio

I disconnect the line that goes out from the cooler to the trans, put in a drain pan, start car, let it drain into pan while filling up with new fluid, I usually take about 12 qts and stop frequently to refill the old quart bottles so I know exactly how much i drained out, trans holds 8 or 9 qts, I flush a few extra through, the key point is you make sure that you dont remove or add anymore than you take out.
    Matt
    95 Supra Turbo - 1.33 60ft / [email protected] / [email protected] / NO nitrous / PTE7275 / 3.0L / BoostLogic TOYOTA auto / PFSupercars Tuned
    Sponsors - BoostLogic, Elmhurst Toyota, Driveshaft Shop, Ferrea, Freed Engineering, Fuel Injector Clinic, Gates, Headgames Motorworks, HFR Fabrication, Justice Racing Engines, Kelford Cams, PFSupercars, Real Street Performance, Wiseco

Follow our Drag Racing progress - www.facebook.com/1320motorsports

can AEM V2 control auto transmission like stock ecu? i have Gforce ecu, and decied what to do. piggy back or EMS

Quote Originally Posted by tyzorg View Post
    can AEM V2 control auto transmission like stock ecu? i have Gforce ecu, and decied what to do. piggy back or EMS
    Best option is ProEFI
    1994 Red/Black TT
    86K miles
    Roller...6 speed swap coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    Best option is ProEFI
    this, the v2 isn't too bad at it though, it seems fine for me
    1989 Nissan 240sx 19,000 Original miles | 2JZ-GTE | PT6266 | Titan 3500 Stall | FIC 750s | AEM EMS V2
    2010 Toyota Prius - 50+ MPG Daily
    2008 Lexus IS350 - Few light mods.

SupraForums Member
    so i got noob question, ive trolled forums trying to find info on automatic A340 tranny for Whp ratings, I have myself a BPU 94 TT AU supra, and the only thing left is it to be dyno tuned, im looking for realible Whp ratings it can handle, I dont want to tune it, to buy new tranny a few months later.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bontis View Post
    so i got noob question, ive trolled forums trying to find info on automatic A340 tranny for Whp ratings, I have myself a BPU 94 TT AU supra, and the only thing left is it to be dyno tuned, im looking for realible Whp ratings it can handle, I dont want to tune it, to buy new tranny a few months later.
    It really depends on how good a condition the auto is currently in and whether you drag race it or not. My estimate would be 450whp if drag racing it and 500whp if not.

V8KILR - Precision 6870 AR 0.81, SPA manifold, 4" down/mid pipe, 3.5" AdrenalinR mufflers, Link G4, E85, 760whp @ 26psi (Dyno Torque), Getrag 6 spd, 10.94 @ 130 mph (19 psi low boost run as no cage).
    Owned and raced since Feb 1998.

http://www.mkiv.co.nz

SupraForums Member
    ok, Im just going to be using it as DD and drag race it once in awhile at the track.

When an A340 won't shift into second or third when first starting out cold, what part does that point to? Oil pump?

Once it warms up, it's fine, but for the first 1/2 mile or so, it is giving me fits!

Al
    94TT Auto, 6466
    [email protected] 27 psi 4/16/16
    Previous setup: HKS Twin 2835's
    [email protected] 32 psi, 10/29/06

Previous car: 90 Talon AWD, 5 spd, FP Red (60-1)
    [email protected] built motor, 28 psi, Sept 2000

Very Senior Member Silver Supra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T6Rocket View Post
    When an A340 won't shift into second or third when first starting out cold, what part does that point to? Oil pump?

Once it warms up, it's fine, but for the first 1/2 mile or so, it is giving me fits!

Al
    I'd check the transmission fluid first.
    '94 T Auto Silver Bullet | 471 rwhp at 15.5 psi |

It has fresh fluid from like two months ago, and the level is full.

Al

Very Senior Member Silver Supra's Avatar
    Has the transmission filter been checked or replaced anytime?
    I have not had that problem on my MKIV, but on another car a clogged tranny filter made me think I needed to replace the tranny! Thank goodness I tried the cheap fix first.

It is a screen that is cleanable. I cleaned it about 15k miles ago, and there wasn't much in it at all.

When I changed (ran) the fluid out several months ago, I got a little behind on adding fluid and the pump was pumping a little air. That is why I wondering about just replacing the pump.

Al

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in