My speedo and HVAC LED conversion by stu - Page 9

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: My speedo and HVAC LED conversion by stu

SF Contributing Member bitshftr's Avatar
    silver94tt, your other option is to dim down Stu's cluster more. I added resistance to the HVAC lights to get them as dim as possible. This still equates to about the same brightness as stock. I think you can do the same to the cluster. I like a dim dashboard, so that it doesn't affect my night vision. Stu's LED conversions are fantastic, but they do turn out significantly brighter than stock.
    1995 Supra NA, Baltic Blue, targa, TRD LSD, Recaro Sport seats, Cusco carbon fiber front/rear strut tower bars, 97+ front turns
    Passport hardwired, w/ amped remote speakers in seat harness slots
    Hidden/hardwired garage door opener w/ custom Supra dash button

1995 Supra TT, BPU+, Baltic Blue, targa, TRD front/Cusco rear strut tower bars, 98 headlights w/ 6k HIDs, 97+ front turns, BNR turbos, Tial BOV, HKS Super Drager exhaust, SSR Professor SP1 wheels, Racelogic TC, VPC/GCC
    Passport hardwired
    Hidden/hardwired garage door opener w/ custom Supra dash button
    Subtle white LED dash backlights

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

@bitshftr, I don't think i have the a separate dimmer to dim down Stu's cluster. I did not pay for the extra dimmer option (did not know that was an option)

@Stu, my only option to dim down the cluster is by using the factory dimmer correct? Although I have no issue using the factory dimmer to dim it down to a very comfort level.

Quote Originally Posted by silver94tt View Post
    @bitshftr, I don't think i have the a separate dimmer to dim down Stu's cluster. I did not pay for the extra dimmer option (did not know that was an option)

@Stu, my only option to dim down the cluster is by using the factory dimmer correct? Although I have no issue using the factory dimmer to dim it down to a very comfort level.
    My separate dimmer is basically a second OEM dimmer that dims *only* the white. The OEM dimmer just dims the needles. So in essence you can "blend" them to your liking. There is small cost of $25 fro this. I just keep forgetting to offer it. It is
    controlled by a small remove so it is wireless. IMO I am happy just to use the OEM dimmer really....Only cool feature with the dimmer is you can turn off the white all together and run just on the red needle glow

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Stu for the clarification. I am happy with just the factory dimmer. I can still dimmed it down to a comfort level at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Hagen View Post
    My separate dimmer is basically a second OEM dimmer that dims *only* the white. The OEM dimmer just dims the needles. So in essence you can "blend" them to your liking. There is small cost of $25 fro this. I just keep forgetting to offer it. It is
    controlled by a small remove so it is wireless. IMO I am happy just to use the OEM dimmer really....Only cool feature with the dimmer is you can turn off the white all together and run just on the red needle glow
    Stu - would you mind PMing me the cost to do the full LED cluster with both dimmers please?

1994 6 Speed Targa - Single Turbo 700 WHP SOLD
    1994 6 Speed Targa - Built Motor/Single Turbo - Rebuild Started 6/2015 <---- NEW PROJECT

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu Hagen View Post
    ok , Ive checked mine twice now , but my whole dash cluster ( needles and white ) dims with the OEM dimmer , just saying STU ...?

SupraForums Member
    Hi

Anyone know what the best way to reach Stu. I sent him a PM this and was wondering if he replies to PM's or if there is a email address he can be reach at?

Quote Originally Posted by basharwitwit368 View Post
    Hi

Anyone know what the best way to reach Stu. I sent him a PM this and was wondering if he replies to PM's or if there is a email address he can be reach at?
    [email protected]

I check messages about once a week.....
    1998 TT 6 Sp Hardtop-GT28 Hybrid Turbo's-1/4 Mile [email protected]
    Aug-2015 722whp: 715TQ- Std 26psi. E85 tuned Vipec

Technical Info/Scans & Specs Seq FAQ

Another happy customer here!!!
    1994 Red/Black TT
    86K miles
    Roller...6 speed swap coming soon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in