Supra Forums banner

My speedo and HVAC LED conversion by stu

94K views 208 replies 101 participants last post by  HotSoup 
#1 ·
Got it done by Stu Hagen and I am very happy with the customer service and final product. He was able to turn the needles to white and illuminate them like I wanted. Unlike most people repainting their existing needles. I believe this was a first time for him doin that? And it turned out great!

I copied the color combination of red with white needles from the newer WRXs, and I think it looks great inside my black supra!

Thanks again stu

ps: These are the pics stu provided when putting together my stuff. My camera sucks and couldn't capture the color quite like he did.

See less See more
#9 ·
+1. Also what is the turnaround time on these led gauges usually? Hopfully I can get around to setting something up with him over the winter.

#11 ·
Just came across this as Matt said he was going to post. And yes, it was my first time doing white needles. It took forever lol, but I needed to veer off the normal path and Matt was the guinea pig. I have since bought some blue micro smd leds as well to test. As I had told Matt, I wasn’t keen on the red scheme because it will wash out all the red accents in the normal led conversions. But it is for sure VIBRANT!.

I of course still do these. Have 2 right now. A little limited time wise as they take about 1 to 2 weeks to do. I just sent out a set of converted units as "loaners" until I get time to do there's. This way they do not have to be down while I do there’s. I have a 6sp and an auto cluster already converted to LEDs that I can send out as loaners.

These are not your typical "lets convert to LED" units. The cluster and HVAC get totally torn down and refit will all permanent LEDs including dimming controllers. The diffusers get taken out an bored out for micro LED circuit boards that get hot glued right under each needle base. Then all the needles are re-installed and calibrated on a oscilloscope. Lens get buffed out and everything gets
cleaned up. It is one of the best mods I have ever done on my supra. It brings the car up to 21st century look.

Stu

#14 ·
Sending my HVAC unit to Stu today.

Cluster like post #3 (from 2JZPWRD) is on my list after the first of the year.

#16 ·
Stu does an amazing job on these clusters. During the TX2K12, I met a guy which had his done by Stu. He had the cluster and HVAC done and it looked a 100 times better in person.

#17 ·
Stu just finished mine and sent me this picture. Can't wait for UPS to show up with it.

The white buttons and dials are going to look great in my car. All indicator LEDs (shown not lit) are OEM green except for the A/C (blue to match the A/C button) and the rear defogger (orange to match its button).

#21 ·
We should get a thread of a bunch of different color options people have gotten from him. I am going to send him my stuff this winter to work on. So excited to drive the car at night now!

#22 ·
On my list to do Stu! What does it cost for the whole dash?

#23 ·
+1!! I am debating on tackling this myself, but if Stu wants to make some extra cash, I would gladly send it off to save my headaches.

You've done some great stuff for the community Stu!

#25 ·
wow stu does these amazing.

#26 ·
hoping i can get stu to do mine soon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.