ecu master & digital ecu tuner 3 - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ecu master & digital ecu tuner 3

SupraForums Member
    congrats on getting the ems dude! sorry i didn't make it to the meet at island dragway. Mike told me about the event. Hope to see big things for your mk3 in 2014!
    Friends don't let friends drive stock...lol!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

You too man , thanks.
    89 5spd ct26 12.21 @112

SupraForums Member
    called C&L autocare and they said I have to wait 2 more weeks or more for the next shipment to come in
    1997 JDM TOYOTA Supra TT RZ-S BPU+

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Supra_AB View Post
    called C&L autocare and they said I have to wait 2 more weeks or more for the next shipment to come in
    I waited for mine also. So far its worth the wait.
    ie: they are not selling like hot cakes yet.

Just ordered a det3 from Zach at ECUmaster. I am wanting to do a walk through for everybody and some videos as well to get people on board since its hard to find anything on it
    were running it on a 7mgte also.its a 87 supra turbo manual trans .
    wanted to see if supra nasty could post or email his saved map to have a good starting point id really appreciate it. Also just to know what to do where in the software without being blind. Appreciate your time thanks Dave ,
    Last edited by trashcanhead; 05-02-2014 at 09:04 PM. Reason: error

Quote Originally Posted by trashcanhead View Post
    Just ordered a det3 from Zach at ECUmaster. I am wanting to do a walk through for everybody and some videos as well to get people on board since its hard to find anything on it .its on its way now and were running it on a 7mgte also .

I have your wiring diagram and wanted to ask you a couple questions on it . why you had to do the multiplex delete if that was to be able to do timing adjust or if it has to be done to get it to work at all .I want timing adjust as well.

Also is the KS on your diagram is knock sensors there was a KS also by the afm meter on the diagram. could you tell me what the second KS is? and did you hook up only one knock sensor as well.

Did you hook up the unit to a afr 02 sensor to get a reading for it and what pin did you hook it to .

It would really help to have your saved map if you could email me it to have a good starting point id really appreciate it. Also just to know what to do where in the software without being blind. my Email is [email protected]
    Any pics you can take of wiring and under hood of map and air temp sensor would be so helpful too of your wiring and install if you get time .

I really hope you could help me out with this and i will help everyone else out once i get it going . Appreciate your time thanks Dave ,
    KS would be the Karman sensor (the airflow meter).

You can input the 0-5v signal from your wideband to any of the analog inputs on the device. They're user configurable.

It's critical that you read the entire manual before installing the device. The DET3 isn't like an AFC where you can just wire it up and run through the menus, it's a far more sophisticated device. The manual is available for download on our site along with the software. It's around 45 pages, but half of that is just graphics and screenshots.

In terms of underhood wiring, since you're using the boost control feature you'll have two wires for the boost control solenoid, and two wires for the air temp sensor. The rest of the wiring will be at the ECU. The MAP sensor for the DET3 is built into the box, so you simply run a vacuum line from the intake manifold to the device. All of the wiring is covered in detail in the manual.

Last edited by ECUMasterUSA; 05-02-2014 at 10:51 PM.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...=1#post2003900

I have several NEW POST On supramania NOW. Please look there..

SN

Ummm. Now if I can find a tuner I might jump on this. Hopefully a "fields" type plug and play harness with traction control function also pre wired would be great. i personally love piggy back systems for the fact that it will drive like a stock car out of boost, and hopefully the price does not keep going up, already seeing a big jump for the standalone and a few hundred more for the piggy back.
    Last edited by TonyN; 05-03-2014 at 01:12 AM.
    94 MKIV / SP63 / ATF Stage 3 Auto / FTI 3.5k Converter / CCW SP500 / Meth/Pump 91 = Garage Anchor
    2015 Accord EX-L 33MPG
    2010 Mercedes Benz GLK350 /Premium/ Baby seat = Beast Mode Family CUV

More pictures here: https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...yN-Version-2.0
    Condition Trumps Mileage: https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...dition+mileage

Quote Originally Posted by TonyN View Post
    Ummm. Now if I can find a tuner I might jump on this. Hopefully a "fields" type plug and play harness with traction control function also pre wired would be great. i personally love piggy back systems for the fact that it will drive like a stock car out of boost, and hopefully the price does not keep going up, already seeing a big jump for the standalone and a few hundred more for the piggy back.
    Traction control is not a feature on the piggyback, only our standalone. Any competent tuner will have no problem tuning this unit if they read through the manual. The software and manual are available on our website, and they're free to contact us for any questions.

Pricing is what it is. The exchange rate has worsened, shipping from overseas isn't cheap, and at the end of the day we have to sell our products for more than what we pay for them. We're also spending a considerable amount of money developing and supporting applications that don't exist in other markets, including plug and play adapters for our standalone. The pricing structure is such that we can keep our doors open and offer a high level of service and support for our dealers, and that our dealers can do the same for the end customer. We're doing everything we can to control costs, but consider the fact that the shop that sold the DET3 box purchased by the OP is now out of business, and they kept no inventory, so there was a wait time of at least 2 weeks for anything to hit the states. At the current pricing there's simply nothing that compares with it for value.

Our 4 bar piggyback is $450, the 2.5 bar piggyback is $425. There's nothing similar on the market in terms of value when you consider that the DET3 handles speed density conversion, boost control (PID boost control with trim for wheel speed), timing control, parametric outputs, analog inputs, two step, map switching, closed-loop O2 feedback for fuel correction, and internal logging.

I really do encourage you to compare it to anything else on the market and I think you'll see how much of a value it is. Even a fairly basic electronic boost controller alone can barely be touched for $400.

Regarding a pre-wired patch harness, that's up to our dealers. We're developing several plug and play applications for the standalone, including the 2JZ, but have no plans to do so for the piggyback. The 2JZ ECU connector, just the bare ECU connector for one side of the harness, is over $100 and they're extremely hard to come by. I suggest Autosport Wiring if you'd like to use a patch harness, their 2JZ harness is $299 and a huge portion of that is materials cost.

So is anybody running the EMU with flex fuel?

ECUMASTER EMU

ECUMASTER EMU is an advanced and fully configurable engine management system for controlling fueling and ignition on 1-12 cylinder engines. The Engine Management Unit controls all aspects of the engine, and offers failsafe strategies in case of sensor failures or other events. The EMU features more built-in value than anything else on the market, not requiring any external modules to drive up to 6 passive coils directly (up to 12 smart coils), a Bosch LSU 4.2 O2 sensor, 2 EGT probes, a Flex Fuel ethanol content sensor directly. The inclusion of a built-in 4 bar MAP sensor further adds to the value of the EMU.

Using the latest technologies in the fields of electronics and software, the EMU has the latest features and an attractive price at only $1200. As an introductory offer, a Bosch LSU 4.2 O2 sensor is included with every EMU purchase.

Common applications for the Engine Management Unit are modified sports car and racing engines, motorcycles, boats, and stationary engines.
    Technical Details

6 Fuel injector outputs (5A) (12 injectors in batch fire)
    6 AUX outputs (5A)
    6 Ignition outputs -Passive or active coils, software selectable (7A) (supports up to 12 cylinders)
    4 stepper motor outputs – bipolar/unipolar (1A)
    2 direct EGT input channels
    2 knock sensor inputs (supports flat response or resonant sensors)
    Built-in wideband O2 controller for Bosch LSU 4.2
    Built-in 4 bar MAP sensor
    Built-in barometric pressure sensor
    4 Digital inputs VR/HALL – software selectable
    3 Dedicated analog inputs (TPS, CLT, IAT)
    4 Additional analog inputs (0-5V)
    Compliance with ISO 7637
    Supports 1-12 cylinders
    Max RPM 16000
    Injection time resolution 16us
    Ignition advance resolution 0.5 deg
    Knock sensing 1-20 kHz
    Speed Density, Alpha-N algorithm
    16×20 VE fuel table, resolution to 0.1% VE
    16×20 Ignition table, resolution to 0.5 deg
    16×20 Target AFR table, resolution to 0.1 AFR
    Injector voltage compensation
    Coil dwell calibration
    User calibrated IAT, CLT
    PID idle control strategy
    PID Boost Control, advanced strategies: per gear, per speed
    Nitrous control with fuel and ignition modification tables
    Aux outputs for fuel pumps, radiator fans, etc.
    Motorsports features: launch control, gear dependent shift light, flat shift ( gear change cut)
    Logging available for over 100 parameters
    Check engine light output
    Full Flex Fuel capability with map blending (requires ethanol content sensor)
    Advanced features available with additional modules: Drive By Wire throttle, Bluetooth adapter for using an Android device to display gauges
    USB communication, no additional interface needed, uses standard USB cable (included)
    User friendly software with free firmware upgrades
    24 month warranty

PC Requirements

Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
    Screen resolution of at least 1024×768 16bit
    CPU with a clock of at least 600MHz
    USB port

What’s in the box

ECUMASTER EMU computer
    USB cable
    ECU Connectors
    Terminals for ECU Connectors
    CD with software drivers and manuals
    Laminated pinout
    CAN gauges for most aftermarket ECUs: http://www.btigauges.com

In terms of JZ applications, I run the EMU in my own car with a rod/piston 1.5JZ 6265 setup that's around 700whp, and our sponsored driver Fielding Shredder runs the EMU in his VVTi 2JZGTE S14 drift car. Both cars are using the flex fuel capability.

ATS Racing has done 12-15 EMU installations in MR2s, and several of those are using the flex fuel capability.

I ran a Power FC for years, and it was a great basic ECU, but the constant fiddling with tuning to account for fuel blend changes was a big annoyance. The flex fuel capability on the EMU is seamless enough that I got in my car and wondered why it felt slower, then I remembered I'd put 93 in it the last time I drove it.

SupraForums Member
    Hey ECUMaster,

That is awesome news! I work with ATS (LOL, Scott just told me this was you Zach - HI!) and was just browsing this board to see if anybody was using the ECUMaster on a 2JZ yet - had no idea you were a JZ guy . I just sent Scott @ ATS all the wiring diagrams for my IS300 swap and we are working on a PNP solution for supra/IS300 owners. Any help you can give him would be awesome, ATS wants to get more involved with the JZ apps after their great success on the 3S apps. If you have any basemaps for Scott that would get him going, I'm going to bring my IS down in a few weeks if we can get the harness sorted out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ECUMasterUSA View Post
    In terms of JZ applications, I run the EMU in my own car with a rod/piston 1.5JZ 6265 setup that's around 700whp, and our sponsored driver Fielding Shredder runs the EMU in his VVTi 2JZGTE S14 drift car. Both cars are using the flex fuel capability.

ATS Racing has done 12-15 EMU installations in MR2s, and several of those are using the flex fuel capability.

I ran a Power FC for years, and it was a great basic ECU, but the constant fiddling with tuning to account for fuel blend changes was a big annoyance. The flex fuel capability on the EMU is seamless enough that I got in my car and wondered why it felt slower, then I remembered I'd put 93 in it the last time I drove it.
    Last edited by Justin311; 06-10-2014 at 08:53 AM.

SupraForums Member
    I can't wait to install mine!! I missed my window before TX2K14 and struggling to catch up since... so many projects, so little time.

bumping this thread.

Just recently bought this ECU and been very happy with the service I got from Zach Denney and the ECU. He's helped me build a plug and play harness and have helped me get the car running. I will post more videos once I get the piping done.

Last edited by Fonz87; 08-20-2014 at 06:49 PM.
    I drive a Probe

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Aigner View Post
    Bring me back a expensive hooker !

SupraForums Member
    Hey Fonz where are you mounting the ECU. The car sounds great.

Interested. How many outputs and inputs?

Can it control/alter ignition timing?

1993 Supra TT 6sp Hardtop -- 1115WHP -- 190MPH 1/2 mile
    2009 Corvette ZR1 -- 640WHP -- 10.12 @ 138.3MPH
    2007 Corvette coupe -- 500WHP -- Procharger P1SC
    2013 Infiniti G37x
    2010 Escalade ESV

Formerly:
    1994 Supra TT 6sp BPU -- 11.8 @ 118MPH
    1997 Supra TT Auto BPU -- 12.0 @ 122MPH
    1994 Supra 6sp -- 72mm, VPC/AFC, stock longblock -- 722WHP & 10.36 @ 139.5MPH
    1993.5 Supra TT Auto BPU

Twin Meister
    Quote Originally Posted by HellBringer View Post
    Can it control/alter ignition timing?
    HellBringer is already aware of this thread, but others may not be: https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...e-Mgmt-Options

Ken.
    www.sp-power.com
    HKS 3.4L: 1110 all-boost whp/839 lb-ft @ 2.6KG/CM^2
    1994 "SP ENGINEERING" TWIN HKS GT3240 TOYOTA SUPRA TURBO

1985 Toyota Celica Supra P-Type 5MT
    1991 Toyota Supra Turbo Hardtop/Sunroof 5MT (BPU)
    1993.5 Toyota Supra Turbo Hard Top (BPU)
    1995 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT (APU)
    2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8
    2010 Lexus IS-F
    2016 Lexus IS 350 F Sport

^I found this thread in the "Similar Threads" section while browsing that thread!

Quote Originally Posted by super51fan View Post
    Hey Fonz where are you mounting the ECU. The car sounds great.
    At the moment, i m not sure where to mount the ECU, after i got the car running, i took a break from the car. I will work on the car a little and provide some pictures. Size wise and etc.

SupraForums Member
    Can the DET-3 control boost by gear / speed?
    93 TT Hardtop
    93 AWD DSM - 10.2 @ 147

I wanted to post this here but will make a new thread to map progress . I purchased a unit as well from Zach at Wholesale Horspower in Texas he is Ecumaster USA now. and am really so pleased with this unit so far. since I posted in this thread on accident maybe still this will help someone out.

Wire it as in the diagram that supranasty posted but use the bipolar out instead of the ignition out .
    We ran it on the lexus 550 setup first and was just using the Det3 for frequency corrections and boost controller but wanted to try map so we talked to Zach at ecumaster and he sent us a map for the engine he tuned a while back on a 2jz with 7m wiring and electronics that was setup for 440cc injectors. He mentioned that it will work but will need tweak it a bit for our larger injectors we are running.
    So we loaded map, disconnected the stock narrow band o2 and put a 2.2 resistor in the stock air temp wire then gave it a try . So far it works really good with some tuning here and there on the fuel map. . Also He mentioned to not use corrections yet and leave them at the default 100 percent unless needed so as to not change fuel during full boost as it can cause problems unless absolutely needed.
    Also after it is tuned he said we can hook the narrowband back up and the stock Ecu will resume a closed loop operation . Here is the 2jz test map that Zach sent from ecumaster and also the link for the 1.30 firmware as well.

We will keep you updated on how it comes out when we get it tuned and set correctly. so far the greatest piggy period.
    Last edited by trashcanhead; 12-08-2014 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Posted in wrong thread

SupraForums Member
    Found this unit here http://ecumasterusa.com/shop/ecumast...pra-7mgte-ecu/

Thinking about trying it for my 7M-GTE swap instead of an AEM or finding a JDM ECU (I've got a JDM EGR-less engine and don't plan to reinstall EGR just to run the USDM ECU). I have experience with an AEM V1 on my MR2 Turbo, so that's why I've been leaning towards the AEM, but there seems to be a real cost savings when the UEGO and MAP sensors are included. Also seems like one less thing in the software to have to tweak (assuming these sensors aren't tweakable since they're fixed units).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in