ecu master & digital ecu tuner 3 - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: ecu master & digital ecu tuner 3

Quote Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
    Found this unit here http://ecumasterusa.com/shop/ecumast...pra-7mgte-ecu/

Thinking about trying it for my 7M-GTE swap instead of an AEM or finding a JDM ECU (I've got a JDM EGR-less engine and don't plan to reinstall EGR just to run the USDM ECU). I have experience with an AEM V1 on my MR2 Turbo, so that's why I've been leaning towards the AEM, but there seems to be a real cost savings when the UEGO and MAP sensors are included. Also seems like one less thing in the software to have to tweak (assuming these sensors aren't tweakable since they're fixed units).
    Alec ran the EMU on the 7M and made upper 400's out of it. I honestly wouldn't go the AEM route specially the V1 since it's an older unit. I personally like the EMU so far and my friend helping me to get it on the road, we will see how well it will do in coming days.

check this link out

https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...&highlight=EMU

Thanks
    I drive a Probe

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Aigner View Post
    Bring me back a expensive hooker !

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Thanks, I'll check out that thread now. Was looking at the AEM V2 from Driftmotion as compared to this unit.

No huge differences between the V1 and V2, both have the same processor, etc. just relatively minor updates.

Any idea what the processor is in this unit? I imagine it's got to be faster than the AEM, not that speed is everything, it's only getting data from sensors at the most 7000 times a minute, and the AEM processor is a 20 mhz unit in the V1/V2.

Just wondering how the hardware and software compares. Anyway all this could be answered in the other thread, I'll head there now!

Anyone else go this route lately? I'm seriously thinking about it.... BUMP!

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Me too bump

Quote Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
    Thanks, I'll check out that thread now. Was looking at the AEM V2 from Driftmotion as compared to this unit.

No huge differences between the V1 and V2, both have the same processor, etc. just relatively minor updates.

Any idea what the processor is in this unit? I imagine it's got to be faster than the AEM, not that speed is everything, it's only getting data from sensors at the most 7000 times a minute, and the AEM processor is a 20 mhz unit in the V1/V2.

Just wondering how the hardware and software compares. Anyway all this could be answered in the other thread, I'll head there now!
    The processor is an Atmel unit. And you're correct, processor speed dictates very little in terms of ECU performance. Most of the signal processing is handled by ICs other than the processor, anyway. I encourage anyone with interest to download the software and look through it yourself. The help menus are built into every table in the software and make an excellent reference, and the software layout is extremely customizable. Feel free to post any questions you have in our section on the forum, we'd love to answer them there as a reference for others that have the same questions down the road!

Does anyone know of any 2jz Na-T ecu master det3 tuners that are in the new york area?

I have one, I bought it then decided to go with aem v2, didnt even try to install it just decided to change my path. Ill sell it for $500 + shipping. Message me or dm me on instagram @f30_andy

I too ditched my aem v1 in favor for ecumaster black for my na-t. After several conversations with my tuner who happens to love this ECU hardware and software, I decided to give it a try . I'm in the midst of a complete rebuild as I lost cyl 3 after 12 years of boosting to a broken ring land so don't have it running as yet .

Zach has also convinced me to go this route so I'm hoping and praying he will help me thru little gremlins if any hear and there
    boost life is a way of life

NA-T 600 rwhp @19psi on 93 Octane tuned by alpha @induction performance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in