GTE non VVTi to VVTi conversion, Facts and myths - Page 6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: GTE non VVTi to VVTi conversion, Facts and myths

Quote Originally Posted by Boost Wang View Post
    Question,

For the guys who have swapped in their non VVTi TB and Intake manifold to these heads, does the factory TRAC casting/motor on the non VVTi TB interfere with the oil feed banjo area?
    I have a non-vvti intake on mine. You can see my build thread here- https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...gry-Wife/page3. As you can see I do not have the trac sensors, I've just got some delete covers I made on them. Still a decent amount of room, I think the trac tps would probably still fit. The only question would be if you'd be able to unplug the vvti with the trac tps in place. You may have to plug in the vvti, then install the upper half of the intake manifold is all.

93 VVTI GTE, V161, PTE 6768, AEM Infinity 6 tuned by Vlad @ NationalSpeed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Has anyone tried installing a 2jz-gte vvti head on a 1jz-gte non vvti block using a 2jz-gte vvti auto ecu?

Quote Originally Posted by JDMricer View Post
    I have a non-vvti intake on mine. You can see my build thread here- https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...gry-Wife/page3. As you can see I do not have the trac sensors, I've just got some delete covers I made on them. Still a decent amount of room, I think the trac tps would probably still fit. The only question would be if you'd be able to unplug the vvti with the trac tps in place. You may have to plug in the vvti, then install the upper half of the intake manifold is all.
    Thank you! My non-VVT-i TB has trac delete plates, with an IAT sensor threaded into the plate facing the VVT-i solenoid, so I was wondering.
    -Sam

1993.5 White turbo hardtop. 1 of 26

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    So, swapping a 94 US TT to VVT-i - sounds like the key things would be the 36-2 trigger wheel, and an ecu able to handle it. Would a regular 2jz-gte-VVT-i stock ecu be a straight swap ? I'm thinking not, because it needs the 2 extra wires to control the VVT-i solenoid ...

So I have recently purchased a bare VVT-i cylinder head. Does anyone have a list of the OEM part #'s related to the head, and the service specifications for it?

SupraForums Member supralover93's Avatar
    what parts are you looking for? the spring,valves, and EX cam are the same as non-vvti.
    §§
    93 turbo targa
    auto
    BPU

Quote Originally Posted by supralover93 View Post
    what parts are you looking for? the spring,valves, and EX cam are the same as non-vvti.
    Will eventually be looking for Valve cover gaskets, VVT crank timing gear, VVT solenoid, banjo/gaskets/bolt, feed line. It looks like on the VVT cam cap, there are 2 tiny bolt holes on the very back of it, and the head never came with the bolts. Are the Cam seals the same as well between the two GTE as well?
    Last edited by Boost Wang; 06-17-2017 at 12:37 AM.

SupraForums Member
    You can also use parts from ge vvti head, cmiiw.

SupraForums Member supralover93's Avatar
    ^^ that

SupraForums Member
    Is the lower part of the intake the same for the VVT-I and non VVT-I?

A bit late but yes it is!

"You know what? This will decimate all,
    after, you put about fifteen grand in it or more.
    If we have to, overnight parts from Japan.!!"

What's the VVTi compression?
    1998 Toyota Supra TT 6SPD SOLD
    1997 LTD Toyota Supra SOLD
    1995 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by lilphil212 View Post
    What's the VVTi compression?
    Same as non vvti
    Black Onyx 95 HT NA->VVTI GTE/V160/BW SXE/Infinity 6/8XXHP/[email protected] on E85 built and tuned by Freed Engineering
    Black Onyx 00 GS400 Platinum/RSR Coils/TSW Rascasse/CatBack Exhaust/Cruiser

SupraForums Member
    For putting a VVTi head on an earlier block (94) I understand that the "normal" oil feed location for the solenoid isn't available. You have to drill/tap for that, or find another oil source.

Can you use the stock oil-pressure sensor location ? I want to put in a remote oil filter kit, and the sandwich plate will have a couple of ports available for a pressure sensor or oil cooler etc. So could move the pressure sensor there, and possibly use the stock sensor location for the solenoid feed ?

Currently carrying out a full VVTi GTE conversion from a JZS147 into my S2 JDM SZ-R. This info will still be a great help, thanks heaps OP!

Blek 1996.7 JZA80 SZ-R 6 Speed - Blek 18" SSR Professor SP1s
    Precision 6266 VVTi 2JZ Swap in Progress 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Halfwalker View Post
    For putting a VVTi head on an earlier block (94) I understand that the "normal" oil feed location for the solenoid isn't available. You have to drill/tap for that, or find another oil source.

Can you use the stock oil-pressure sensor location ? I want to put in a remote oil filter kit, and the sandwich plate will have a couple of ports available for a pressure sensor or oil cooler etc. So could move the pressure sensor there, and possibly use the stock sensor location for the solenoid feed ?
    https://www.powerhouseracing.com/pro...dapter-for-2jz
    91 Black 7mge auto

SupraForums Member
    Hah - brilliant. I'm assuming that uses the OEM oil feed line going up to the solenoid ?

Would you think it's better/more efficient to purchase a used vvti motor (~$2,600) that is complete and has everything needed for the conversion from a non-vvti motor, or just swap heads and try to locate the sensors, cam gear, etc.? I'm having a hard time finding the vvti specific parts here in the U.S. A bare vvti head seems to be about $1,000.
    Last edited by Lilbent; 08-14-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbent View Post
    Would you think it's better/more efficient to purchase a used vvti motor (~$2,600) that is complete and has everything needed for the conversion from a non-vvti motor, or just swap heads and try to locate the sensors, cam gear, etc.? I'm having a hard time finding the vvti specific parts here in the U.S. A bare vvti head seems to be about $1,000.
    Cheaper to buy a complete Aristo swap. That's what I did. $2150 delivered to my door. I installed the entire swap though. Keeping my original non-VVTi motor intact, and gonna rebuild it.

B
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismael View Post
    In my opinion, Supras are the right hand of god in the car world. Sent to put order when Mustangs and Camaros get wild. To bring justice when cocky Evo and Subaru drivers get out of hand. And to show bikers that two wheels are NOT faster than four!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in