Supra Forums banner

Going to Hawaii!

18K views 54 replies 13 participants last post by  Chris99 
#1 ·
Just got a new duty assignment to Hickam AFB! Any Supras out there these days?

#29 · (Edited)
I'd recommend staying away from any military housing, and make sure you research the areas you may choose to live there. Learn more from the culture and land by living among locals--they were some of my best friends. All the guys you see commenting here were great ppl to be surrounded by on weekends. I honestly do not believe I would've had the experience to see and learn and know all I did, had I lived around military. I'll be home from Germany next weekend and can give you my old landlord in Aiea Heights, Aiea (by Aloha Stadium/Pearl Ridge Mall). They were an older couple that use to invite me over their house (next door to me) for dinner with their family.

#31 ·
We are planning on living in the Naval off base military housing for the first year. This way we get to know the area, where to go, where not to. Also gives us more time to find what we want. Off base Naval housing have set rates so they don't take all your BAH.

#30 ·
warning.... not much to do with your ride down here with racing, etc... can do car shows here and there but Oahu is getting too crowded for racing. the longer i don't have my supra the longer i feel okay about selling it because of how limited we are here for automotive things.

#33 ·
There's some on base, but it's only meant for government vehicles.
There is someone on island that sells E100 though. Not sure how much he charges per gallon.

#51 ·
Didn't realize there was any activity on the Island. I'm on Windward side, would be good to meet up with some Supra folks. Supra isn't on island but have 2J V160 swap SC3 that I terrorize H3 with.

#55 ·
Any luck? Also, I'm thinking of trading my slightly damaged authentic Whifbitz front bumper for a stock front bumper. Do you know anyone on the island who might be interested? The quotes to fix the cracking during shipping were around $1,600. That's ridiculous. Maybe someone else has a way to get it fixed cheaper?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.