Supra Forums banner

Build tread

17K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  HIxSupra 
#1 ·
I figure I start a tread where we can share our past, present, or future builds. Let's see'um guys!!!

#5 ·
Well then I'll start off on my past build that unfortunately I didn't complete.

BC stoker kit
BC Springs/Ti retainers
296 race cams
Slight port/polish
1mm over valves
5 angle valve job
4580 dbb turbo kit
Full 4" turbo back exhaust
RPS twin carbon carbon
Pro EFI 128
Intake manifold w/100mm throttle body

That's about all the performance stuff off the top of my head. Unfortunately life called and I had to part out the build as well as the shell. Luckily the sell stayed on island as well as the the engine. I do have to say the engine is making power and clearly has a whole lot of headroom to go. Cough cough more power you know who!!! ��

#7 ·
well then i'll start off on my past build that unfortunately i didn't complete.

Bc stoker kit
bc springs/ti retainers
296 race cams
slight port/polish
1mm over valves
5 angle valve job
4580 dbb turbo kit
full 4" turbo back exhaust
rps twin carbon carbon
pro efi 128
intake manifold w/100mm throttle body

that's about all the performance stuff off the top of my head. Unfortunately life called and i had to part out the build as well as the shell. Luckily the sell stayed on island as well as the the engine. I do have to say the engine is making power and clearly has a whole lot of headroom to go. Cough cough more power you know who!!! ��
Haha I wonder who...

#9 ·
when i had her

th400 3500 stall w/reverse gearing (pull to shift up, push down)
71mm turbo
PHR Stage 2 Fuel System
Tial Bov
50mm
Dual pumps
HKS Ignition
Aem

and all other supporting mods for 500rwhp to race from a dig. everyone else was crushing dyno's or freeway monsters, i went the other route a supra can take. If i was building another one for the same purpose id do it about the same, but change the turbo to a billet wheel. i was shooting for low 10's all day or 9's with spray.

see sig for the name of the shop that did the work.

#10 · (Edited)
97 tt Targa . I'm on Big Island, Kona.

6266 precision
proefi 112
Hks 264 cams
midly ported polished head
new shortblock
850cc injectors
single walbro 450
titan fuel system
hks titanium race exhaust
Hks ssqv bov and tial waste
new coil packs, spark plugs
Fikse fm10
Megan coilovers
560 rwhp on 92 octane. 700 rwhp on race gas tune.

#11 ·
95 TT Targa

6765 dbb precision .81 AR
AEM V1
GSC S1 Cams
Port and polished head
BC Valvetrain
CP Pistons
1000cc Precision Injectors
Dual Aeromotive 340 pumps
Veilside Ti Exhaust
KW3 Coilovers
Carbonetics Triple Carbon
Carbonetics Diff

#16 · (Edited)
Haven't been on in a long time... My build has been going on since I've owned my car... My car retains the original NA motor at them moment and I'm using my spare bedroom in my house as a clean room for all my parts laying around... with that being said, I'm building my GTE motor up from scratch and hoping it will reach my 1000rwhp mark, here's the list so far:

3.0L GTE block
GTE crank
Billet main caps
Carrillo H beam heavy duty rods
CP Pistons with upgraded wrist pins
Stage 3 Titan head
Titan ported and polished upgraded GTE intake manifold
HKS 272 cams intake and exhaust
Titan cam gears intake and exhaust
Polished water neck upper and lower
Titan fuel rail polished
Valve covers polished
Carbon spark plug cover
Turbo kit- haven't decided yet

And more to go... I'm sure I forgot a few things. That's not including everything else and she has come a very long way from what she started off at.

#17 ·
Nothing special.

1994 Supra TT 6spd

Stock Twins TTC mode
ETS FMIC
HKS Titanium 4" Exhaust
3" Downpipe
Turbosmart manual Boost controller
Orthodox Exhaust cam gear
Greddy BCC
Apexi intake
HKS Coilovers

Want to go with PHR TQ kit hopefully soon.

#19 · (Edited)
I'm in Hilo and I only take her out on short drives, no wet roads or rain for her. I've also been trying to finish up this motor with the limited time I have.

I've done most of the work myself other then the paint and engine work. I've been trying to get chase here in Hilo to assemble my motor but no luck with him wanting to do it. So I've been debating on sending it out of state if I don't assemble it myself. I can do it but I'd rather have a well known builder do it for me since I'm short on time now a days and if I start I like to finish so that I don't miss anything from going back and forth...

I've been trying to keep track of the ones here on big island, there are a few of us here in Hilo... Other then in2twins RSP, I've seen and spoken to the owner of the white 800rwhp supra sitting in MS auto body. He was planning on building a 1000hp motor like me but I don't know if he has driven it in the last 5 years... My friend in Ahualoa above Honokaa has the orange Supra and was planning to NA-T for 600rwhp but recently had a baby so it's on hold... My other friend knows the guy who has the other black supra in HPP who's getting deployed constantly so he rarely drives his... Someone in waikoloa has a quicksilver supra which I've only seen once and he fell off the grid somewhere... I've personally seen the black supra in Kona which was for sale a few years ago, but I have no idea who bought it... I think someone in Kohala?

#20 ·
Hello. Was hoping you are on Kona side. Chase came over to my place couple times to help me out with my Supra. Great mechanic. I wished we had e85 here in hawaii. My car is tuned for race gas and I don't even have access to race gas here on Kona side. So just driving with boring pump gas. There is another black supra here in Kona. NA but his planning on going single soon.

#21 ·
No e85 here... No race gas here... U can buy AV gas 100 and mix it or order a 50gal drum of race gas but it's pricey. I think some guys at napa order it. Chase might even be able to order some of you ask him. Our pump gas is 92 instead of 93... I only wish we had access to better options out here in Hawaii. As for the black NA supra, it might be new here cause I saw a 94tt 6speed in kona. Is he going NA-T or motor swap single turbo?

#23 ·
The easiest way for you then is to make a set up that'll run on 92 pump gas if you want to go without meth, and you can always bring in your own gas and mix it. My set up will be without nos or meth, meth can increase boost gains since it keeps the air temp much cooler. I won't be using any meth either but it does help if you decide to use it. I thought about running meth on my 335 though... since I'm already running a 400whp set up. For a daily driver I find 400 to be a good all around number and it didn't cost me too much to get it to that point.

My engine build on the other hand cost me a lot more lol... I try not to tell my girlfriend how much I've spent so far... Put it this way, I would've finished my motor if I didn't have to spend 20k on a magic shiny ring... But gotta have priorities...lol

#25 · (Edited)
My build

1994 Turbo Auto Targa

VVTi Conversion
Real Street RS1200 Shortblock (CP Pistons, BC HD Rods)
Valve Job
BC 272 Cams w/ BC Springs and Retainers
Precision 6766 w/ .96 AR
ETS Turbo Kit (4" DP and MP, Dual Tial MVR Wastegates)
ETS Intercooler (4" I think)
HKS Titanium Exhaust
TRD Rear Diff
PROEFI 128 EMS
Real Street Twin Pump System (AEM 320lph pumps)
ID1300 Injectors
ATF Auto
3500 Stall Converter
Stoptech ST60 Front Brakes
Titan Sway Bars
HKS Hipermax II Coilovers
Volk GTU Wheels 18x9 FR 18x10 RR
Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S 285/40R18 out back

The car is currently being worked on at Real Street Performance in Central Florida, but I plan to have it shipped to the Big Island later this year. It should be a fun setup for the street even on pump gas with the auto/6766/VVTi combo. I hope to meet up with some of you guys in the future after the car gets here.

#26 ·
1994 Turbo Auto Targa

VVTi Conversion
Real Street RS1200 Shortblock (CP Pistons, BC Sportsman Rods)
Valve Job
BC 272 Cams w/ BC Springs and Retainers
Precision 6870 w/ .96 AR
ETS Turbo Kit (4" DP and MP, Dual Tial MVR Wastegates)
ETS Intercooler (4" I think)
HKS Titanium Exhaust
TRD Rear Diff
PROEFI 128 EMS
Real Street Twin Pump System (AEM 320lph pumps)
ID1300 Injectors
ATF Auto
3500 Stall Converter
Stoptech ST60 Front Brakes
Titan Sway Bars
HKS Hipermax II Coilovers
Volk GTU Wheels 18x9 FR 18x10 RR
Toyo R888 295/30/18 out back

The car is currently being worked on at Real Street Performance in Central Florida, but I plan to have it shipped to the Big Island later this year. It should be a fun setup for the street even on pump gas with the auto/6870/VVTi combo. I hope to meet up with some of you guys in the future after the car gets here.

Awesome setup!

#27 ·
Since its been kinda quiet in here. I figure I chime in and update my build. Well finished building my bottom end and got the engine back in the car. Will be retuning by the end of the month. I may or may not post my numbers... ����

#29 · (Edited)
Its been a while but got everything i need for my turbo build i think. Going with:

Driftmotion turbo kit without turbo
Borg Warner EFR 7670
850cc FIDs
Walbro 450
Tomei FPR
HKS SSQV
Turbosmart wastegate 45mm
AEM infinity + boomslang harness
CX racing FMIC kit
CD009 6spd (350z trans)
Collins adapters trans kit -
Aluminum 1 piece driveshaft
ACT clutch stage 3
LS400 front calipers
Stoptech SS braided brake lines (front)
R1 concept eline drilled/slotted rotors
Tein type flex coilovers
HKS Carbon Ti muffler - gonna go 3" turbo back to muffler
Titan motorsports rear upper control arms
Megan rear toe arms
Work wheels XSA 04c 19x9.5/10.5
Ecsta SPT 225/35 245/35

Got the 98 Auto tt LSD just need to order a new diff adapter and fix up the diff should be cherreh but not confident in the gear ratio, i hope its not too short.
Waiting for the turbo to get here (suppose to be this month) then im gonna send stuff out for ceramic coating and in everything goes! Fingers crossed everything goes down smoothly...I think im missing stuff but got most of it on there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.