The 1993.5-1998 Toyota Supra Discontinued Parts Thread - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The 1993.5-1998 Toyota Supra Discontinued Parts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by raven97990 View Post
    33370-0W010 HUB ASSY, SYNCHRONIZER, NO.2
    Essentially this renders the V160 unreadable once the current limited inventory is gone. This updates the A to B syncros. So if you have a 95 or older box, and need new syncros, you're SOL.
    I'm working on getting this built from one of our transmission parts providers.
    You're a hero. Every time I read this thread I die a little. I can handle cosmetic pieces being discontinued, but when critical drivetrain parts continue to disappear, it makes me want to leave the car in the garage.
    - Jeff
    1994 Supra 6-speed Twin Turbo
    2001 Lexus IS300

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Los Angeles, CA - San Jose, Costa Rica - Miami Beach, FL
    TRD Tachs confirmed gone forever by Robert at MVP. See the TRD LSD thread in the MVP section.

SupraForums Member 2JZ_Freak_SE's Avatar
    Saw on FB that somebody mentioned that the head is going to be discontinued. Anybody know if there's any truth to that?
    I am looking for an Authentic TRD or MVP Widebody side skirts, rear fender, and bump.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member RustyFishHooks's Avatar
    Head is already discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyFishHooks View Post
    Head is already discontinued.
    Sadly true, was only the 95 and older heads, and now the new part number is about to be gone for good.
    Jared Pink - ASE Master Certified (A1-A8) ASE L1 Certified and Toyota Factory Trained Master Diagnostic Technician, Toyota Hybrid Certified
    Shop Manager for Speed For Sale LLC ([email protected])
    (Pre-owned Supra,GT-R,RX-7, 300zx sales & new parts sales/installs/tuning)
    ---

All your boost are belong to us.

I'm not serious
    Administrator
    33370-0W010 HUB ASSY, SYNCHRONIZER, NO.2
    Essentially this renders the V160 unreadable once the current limited inventory is gone. This updates the A to B syncros. So if you have a 95 or older box, and need new syncros, you're SOL.
    I'm working on getting this built from one of our transmission parts providers.
    Gone, tried ordering.
    pink painted powerfucked cat's ass - Jeff (Wreckless) 2018

Find me on IG: @sick_6
    supraforums on IG:@SUPRAFORUMSPICS
    Looking for turbo auto or 6spd Supras!
    93 Alpine Auto
    94 Alpine 6spd
    94 RR 6spd
    97 Alpine AT
    98 QS AT
    ①③⑤
    ├┼┼┐
    ②④⑥R

It seems like after many of years of providing excellent parts supply (better than most manufacturers), in the last couple years Toyota has dropped this platform like a sack of potatoes.

Question: What do we do now if we need these parts? Hope an aftermarket solution exists, or someone has one on a graveyard car somewhere?

Sad indeed.

Ryan

1997 RSP TT 6 Speed - CCW - Greddy - HKS - Brembo

-1993 Black Supra 683whp SOLD
    -1997 White Supra 17kmi SOLD
    -1994 White Supra 750whp SOLD

Instagram: @FlossyRy
    WTB: Black Front Seats, PM ME

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1flossedm3 View Post
    Question: What do we do now if we need these parts? Hope an aftermarket solution exists, or someone has one on a graveyard car somewhere?

Sad indeed.
    I'm sure there are nearly a hundred out there including myself who have entire storages filled with new parts that will eventually hit the market. With jdm cars spilling into our market in a few years I'm sure more companies will be inclined to start remaking some parts.

edit: someone needs to make a C's short shifter replicas... $1100 are you fucking kidding?
    @Shant.D
    94' RX7 R2 LS3, T56, 8.8
    95' Supra Hellraiser Build

SupraForums Member
    2JZ_Freak,

No, just the 5 spd knob is discontinued, not the 6spd. The 6spd knob is about $120 now. I remember when that thing was like $60 or so.

TRD just discontinued the TRD hood and TRD widebody kit (like within the last couple weeks). The TRD Type-S spoiler went NLA in the spring, so TRD has moved on from making any parts for the MKIV. If anyone needs any OEM parts in general, I can't emphasize enough to pick them up now.

Very Senior Member Silver Supra's Avatar
    Sadly true, was only the 95 and older heads, and now the new part number is about to be gone for good.
    Yep - sad indeed for me....
    '94 T Auto Silver Bullet | 471 rwhp at 15.5 psi |

SupraForums Member bigkahuna2187's Avatar
    Is the vvti head discontinued as well?

Quarter glass windows Lh & Rh discontinued?

Im gonna just stop driving my car, ill just sit in it and pretend drive in the garage.

55404-14530 Panel Lh Dash discontinued?

I just bought a few of these not too long ago and now am being told by my local dealer that this part number is discontinued... Can anyone confirm? I was hoping to get another full dash panel set new to keep as spare for my car but it's not looking good or going to cost a fortune...
    1995 Super White Hardtop 6-Speed
    | Sheepey Inc Turbo Kit w/ PTE 6870 | ProEFI | FSM Intake Manifold & Fuel Rail | V160 | HKS Carbon Ti | RPS C/C | GSC S2 | ID1700X | RMM Lip & Wing | WORK Meister S1R |
    Alpha tuned: 1,005whp / 804tq w/ 6870

For all your OEM Toyota parts: http://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.com/ "Excellent deals and an excellent experience!"

SupraForums Member NgoFcukinWay's Avatar
    I just ordered new quarter glass for my targa car. I don't know about hard top though.

Apparently there's 2 parts numbers for the targa glass. one for '93-'95 and '96-'98. Not sure what the actual difference is between the 2. I ordered the passenger quarter panel glass via VIN number for my '93 through my local toyota dealership, and I picked up a driver's quarter glass from a friend locally that he got for his '97. glass installer said the driver's one sat a little odd, so I might have him pull that one and install the spare one I have assuming it mirrors the passenger side.
    1993.5 Toyota Supra ....with stuff.... .... and it's sorta broken....
    1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....and it's broken....

SupraForums Member 2JZ_Freak_SE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NgoFcukinWay View Post
    I just ordered new quarter glass for my targa car. I don't know about hard top though.

Apparently there's 2 parts numbers for the targa glass. one for '93-'95 and '96-'98. Not sure what the actual difference is between the 2. I ordered the passenger quarter panel glass via VIN number for my '93 through my local toyota dealership, and I picked up a driver's quarter glass from a friend locally that he got for his '97. glass installer said the driver's one sat a little odd, so I might have him pull that one and install the spare one I have assuming it mirrors the passenger side.
    What part number did you order? I ordered mine when Curt was around and I just gave him my year and model. I'm curious if indeed he gave me a different set than the 93-95 for targas.

Quote Originally Posted by Milon View Post
    55404-14530 Panel Lh Dash discontinued?

I just bought a few of these not too long ago and now am being told by my local dealer that this part number is discontinued... Can anyone confirm? I was hoping to get another full dash panel set new to keep as spare for my car but it's not looking good or going to cost a fortune...
    55404-14530 is the left panel right? That's new to me. I know the cluster and hood panel has been discontinued. The shifter auto/6spd and right (AC) panel should still be available.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JZ_Freak_SE View Post
    55404-14530 is the left panel right? That's new to me. I know the cluster and hood panel has been discontinued. The shifter auto/6spd and right (AC) panel should still be available.
    Correct the left panel... I guess it was the next in line to go... I wish I had ordered 2 of each back when I put all new panels in mine to have a spare set...

I'm not serious
    Administrator
    Tried ordering, gone.

Back in 2010 i ordered the rh side quarter glass window for my '96 my local toyota dealer said there were only 2 left at that time and i bought one...

Quote Originally Posted by FastTurbo View Post
    Tried ordering, gone.
    Wow! Thanks for the confirmation... I am really glad I picked up a couple spares of that specific panel back when I did... I guess I need to order spare shifter panels and right panel while they still exist...

Blog Entries
    Rear targa brackets are also discontinued. Get them while you can.

Steve

1993.5 Anthracite 6 SPD//PRO EFI//PTE6766//3-Row//E-85Fuel Sys//PHR I/M//GSC//IP 10/1 motor//Manley//RPS C/C//CCW C14//Brembo BBK//TRD LSD//930WHP/38PSI
    2009 BMW 535i Sport FBO
    2011 Land Cruiser

Once Toyota finalizes their move to North Dallas, I am going to drive over and have a chat about making OEM Supra parts again.

FYI I convinced TMC to continue production of the head. There is a delay, but it will be back in a bit. No such luck on interior parts though.
    Of course its stock...

SupraForums Member
    I believe as of this month the last OEM Engine Harness has been sold. Fortunately there are still custom built ones available in the aftermarket but for those of us trying to keep the stock engine going, this is the lifeblood of the engine and after 20 years all the wires/connectors get brittle/break.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in