Deal of the day! - Page 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal of the day!

I'm not serious
    Administrator
    Doesn't look like a scam, you can see its LHD from the location of the brake booster. Just looks like another ratty NJ repainted accident car...just sayin.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Supra Mike View Post
    Someone help me out here. Is this a scam? The car has been listed for a while now. The seller doesn't mention if the car is RHD or not but if it is a USDM car, this is a 1 of 21 6 speed Hardtop from what I can tell. I wonder what the original color was, regardless, the grey looks alright.
    http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...22041856&Log=0
    pink painted powerfucked cat's ass - Jeff (Wreckless) 2018

Find me on IG: @sick_6
    supraforums on IG:@SUPRAFORUMSPICS
    Looking for turbo auto or 6spd Supras!
    93 Alpine Auto
    94 Alpine 6spd
    94 RR 6spd
    97 Alpine AT
    98 QS AT
    ①③⑤
    ├┼┼┐
    ②④⑥R

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z33c View Post
    something didn't smell right about that djg car on eBay. removed the 97 badges because i wanted a clean body. yeah ok.

anyone go after that rsp car? 150k
    That DJG car on Ebay was my old car. It's a very clean car but it was resprayed and the passenger door VIN is missing. Title is clean and no accidents were reported. When I purchased it the owner did not know the history of the car or why it was missing a VIN.
    97 DJG 6spd! Billet 7175/ AEM EMS/ CCW/

Scotch Scotch Scotch Bryan King's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WrenchWhore View Post
    Listing is down. Did you...?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Blog Entries
    Dirty guy!

Twin Meister
    Quote Originally Posted by Turborush View Post
    That DJG car on Ebay was my old car. It's a very clean car but it was resprayed and the passenger door VIN is missing. Title is clean and no accidents were reported. When I purchased it the owner did not know the history of the car or why it was missing a VIN.
    This is, perhaps, more common than we might think. I was interested in purchasing one of the Supra community's iconic cars and, prior to me personally inspecting the car, the owners, in good faith, told me the car had all VIN tags. Upon inspection, I pointed out all the tag locations and it was clear the car was missing the passenger's front fender tag. It was pretty heartbreaking to witness, because they had no idea the car had been in an accident (I left them SFS' VIN tag pdf., for future reference). They had purchased the car, with very low miles, from the General Sales Manager of a local Toyota dealership who swore to them the car had never been in an accident. Word to the wise...

Ken.
    www.sp-power.com
    HKS 3.4L: 1110 all-boost whp/839 lb-ft @ 2.6KG/CM^2
    1994 "SP ENGINEERING" TWIN HKS GT3240 TOYOTA SUPRA TURBO

1985 Toyota Celica Supra P-Type 5MT
    1991 Toyota Supra Turbo Hardtop/Sunroof 5MT (BPU)
    1993.5 Toyota Supra Turbo Hard Top (BPU)
    1995 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT (APU)
    2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8
    2010 Lexus IS-F
    2016 Lexus IS 350 F Sport

yeah those guys at the dealer really know a lot about cars.
    all 10

Twin Meister
    Quote Originally Posted by z33c View Post
    yeah those guys at the dealer really know a lot about cars.
    Exactly. I actually believe the GSM was telling the truth. I have yet to come across a Toyota dealership employee that has a clue about VIN tag locations on our cars, made all the worst by a car that hasn't been sold new at a dealership since 1998.

Ken.

SupraForums Member PasadenaTurbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turborush View Post
    Thank you, PM on the way.
    Last edited by PasadenaTurbo; 03-25-2016 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KenHenderson View Post
    This is, perhaps, more common than we might think. I was interested in purchasing one of the Supra community's iconic cars and, prior to me personally inspecting the car, the owners, in good faith, told me the car had all VIN tags. Upon inspection, I pointed out all the tag locations and it was clear the car was missing the passenger's front fender tag. It was pretty heartbreaking to witness, because they had no idea the car had been in an accident (I left them SFS' VIN tag pdf., for future reference). They had purchased the car, with very low miles, from the General Sales Manager of a local Toyota dealership who swore to them the car had never been in an accident. Word to the wise...

Ken.
    could I have a copy of that pdf? I am curious about it now...carfax shows my car had been lightly rear-ended but i cannot find any evidence of the damage from behind or underneath (previous owner says bumper was not replaced and the whole car was painted)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mkiv98 View Post
    could I have a copy of that pdf? I am curious about it now...carfax shows my car had been lightly rear-ended but i cannot find any evidence of the damage from behind or underneath (previous owner says bumper was not replaced and the whole car was painted)
    http://www.speedforsale.com/other/Sp...-checklist.pdf

i have sent that to sellers and they still have no clue at all.

Good to know the Vin tags are in 12 different places since I had thought it was only 11. Speaking of VIN numbers, I am almost to the point that I can recite VIN numbers. If you tell me your VIN #, I can tell you what year your car is, whether it is a 6 speed, Auto or NA and if it is a Targa or Hardtop.

SupraForums Member
    Hey guys, thanks for messaging me on ebay. Yes I bought this car out in Utah and from what I was told the car was a bone stock car other then the hood and wing. I have them put the OEM hood and wing back on the car. The hood was re sprayed and doesn't look perfect like the rest of the car. I checked the vin #s and they are all there but I always thought the doors didn't have the long vin# only sticks on them because the drivers door has the big main information sticker on it. The 1/4 panels have the long vin stickers on them with the fenders and hatch though. The listing is not down, it is still going, I have a vacation setting one all of my 'buy it now' parts I sell on ebay because I'm doing inventory for taxes but the auction listings are still up and valid. I am hardly ever on here but I do know Ken Henderson and Don that used to have the beautiful white 98 in Irvine that I almost bought a year ago. I will try to be on here as much as I can but will probably be on eBay messages more. Thanks, Cody 949-812-2932

Quote Originally Posted by Supra Mike View Post
    Someone help me out here. Is this a scam? The car has been listed for a while now. The seller doesn't mention if the car is RHD or not but if it is a USDM car, this is a 1 of 21 6 speed Hardtop from what I can tell. I wonder what the original color was, regardless, the grey looks alright.
    http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...22041856&Log=0
    It's a NA to TT conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Supra Fly View Post
    It's a NA to TT conversion.
    This is why posting the VIN number during a sale is so important. I would have been able to tell it was an NA.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    A low mileage clean mk3 is nothing to scoff at. Lots of people like them better than the mk4.

SupraForums Member PasadenaTurbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by codygocam View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for messaging me on ebay. Yes I bought this car out in Utah and from what I was told the car was a bone stock car other then the hood and wing. I have them put the OEM hood and wing back on the car. The hood was re sprayed and doesn't look perfect like the rest of the car. I checked the vin #s and they are all there but I always thought the doors didn't have the long vin# only sticks on them because the drivers door has the big main information sticker on it. The 1/4 panels have the long vin stickers on them with the fenders and hatch though. The listing is not down, it is still going, I have a vacation setting one all of my 'buy it now' parts I sell on ebay because I'm doing inventory for taxes but the auction listings are still up and valid. I am hardly ever on here but I do know Ken Henderson and Don that used to have the beautiful white 98 in Irvine that I almost bought a year ago. I will try to be on here as much as I can but will probably be on eBay messages more. Thanks, Cody 949-812-2932
    Are you going to update the ad now that you know it has been resprayed, missing a door vin and was APU'd by a previous owner?

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PasadenaTurbo View Post
    Are you going to update the ad now that you know it has been resprayed, missing a door vin and was APU'd by a previous owner?
    Also, when I put the carbon hood on and removed the stock one, I was planning on keeping the hood for future use but a local supra owner needed a hood so I sold them mine. It did have the vin# on it as well. I'm not as concerned with original paint and vin's as some on here. The car was clean and I wouldn't hesitate in purchasing it.

SupraForums Member
    Hey everyone, thanks for the all the help with the car. It did sell privately toddy and everything worked out perfectly. The car is an original 6speed and was never a swap if I read this thread correctly. This is why the info sticker on the drivers door says V160 for the transmission. Anyway, thanks to the members that helped out. Cody

1993 White auto NA with 48k miles for $24k. Car has black leather interior with White leather seats. It is a Hardtop with a sunroof.
    http://www.joeromeosi79.com/auto/use...49-pa/8894384/

Blog Entries
    @Shant.D
    94' RX7 R2 LS3, T56, 8.8
    95' Supra Hellraiser Build

Banned
    I hate clicking on 97% of supra ads and within 2 hours the thing is flagged by people trying to get the jump on the car or it has been removed by its author for no reason.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedsambo View Post
    I hate clicking on 97% of supra ads and within 2 hours the thing has been removed by its author for no reason.
    Car considered sold is a pretty good reason why it was deleted by author..

Quote Originally Posted by boostedsambo View Post
    I hate clicking on 97% of supra ads and within 2 hours the thing is flagged by people trying to get the jump on the car or it has been removed by its author for no reason.
    You have to remember that there are a plethora of people searching craigslist at all times of the day. The moment a Supra gets posted, someone sees it and tells all their friends. Word then spreads like wildfire.

Consider the "certain color supra which will remain nameless" that sold last week. A post was made on craigslist, then someone saw it and posted a screenshot of the ad in one of the FB groups to which 60+ people saw within the first hour. I saw the ad 30 minutes after it was posted and the car had already been sold.

Ryan Shea is selling his black 1993 NA for $14.5k. It has 121k miles and is clean. There has been plenty of interest including offers over asking price. The only reason it hasn't sold is because he is located in Clovis, New Mexico which is about 100 miles from airports in Lubbock and Albuquerque.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in