Deal of the day! - Page 89

+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89
Results 2,201 to 2,202 of 2202

Thread: Deal of the day!

SupraForums Member
    My friend James has been flipping cars for the last 12 years. That's actually how I met him. He was selling a lifted jeep, and someone wanted me to go with them to check it out. Finding deals and re-selling cars is how he makes a living for his family. He has done pretty well at it. He's never had an mkiv but he has had earlier supras, rx7's, mr2's, 3000gts, corvettes, m3's, wrx/stis, evos etc... He'll look for people desperate to sell, or throw out a lot of lowball cash in hand offers hoping something sticks. Eventually he finds something, brings it home, cleans it up, transfers registration from the last vehicle he just sold, drives a cool car around, then sells it. He averages a few grand per car. He has been burned a few times, but the times he has came out ahead more than make up for it. Lately he has got into insurance auctions and buying newer trucks. I have nothing against it. If you've got something for sale and someone buys it, you really have no control of what they do next with it. If they didn't flip it, they could rice the hell out of it or crash it into a tree. My cousin sold a ducati he had custom painted yellow and the first thing the buyer did was repaint it black. If you want something, but won't buy it because a flipper is selling it, someone else will. I've bought stuff from James before just because it was still a good deal with him making his profit. I have nothing against him. He provides a steady income for his family and has a lot of free time to spend with them. There definitely is some drama in his process which can be seen in some of his fb posts. Sometimes previous owners are mad because he's asking more, or sometimes other people are mad because they missed out on the deal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

I think we all agree that the market has every type of buyer and seller out there. In a perfect world we would find someone that treats these cars as we did. I have owned 20+ cars in my lifetime, but I only belong to one forum about one car I truly love. I think we all agree that people make and lose money on these cars all the time. We are all human beings and should treat each other as such. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.
    If someone here on this forum starting charging for their information (per post), we would all be up in arms, but I am sure someone would still pay for info here. Doesnt make it right.... doesn't make it wrong either. I think this "community" just expects more from each other, and sometimes that line is blurred by the vast majority of us treating this car model as something way more than a car they made 400,000 a year of. The reality is we are helping both our community and deal seekers find vehicles in this post. Something that seems harder to do each day without a local connection.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in