Supra Forums banner

Anyone here use LinkedIn for Professional Contacts? (Supra related)

25K views 135 replies 65 participants last post by  Touristmk4 
#1 ·
Anyway, I've been using them (free service) for a few years to manage professional contacts, and it seems to do the job reasonably well.

http://www.linkedin.com

Partially to be funny (in retaliation to some ridiculous groups I saw being created by co-workers and ex co-workers) and partially to be serious in my own way...I created the following LinkedIn Group which was approved:

Toyota Supra Enthusiasts (1993-1998)
http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/70816/47D7CF2CB929

Anyway, if you use the LinkedIn service and qualify as a Toyota Supra Enthusiast, please feel free to join my group there. As funny as the idea might initially sound, I have made a ton of friends and professional contacts through my many years of affiliation with the Supra community, and this is just an extension of that same thought process.

Why not professionally network with other Supra owners and take advantage of LinkedIn's network, right?

Thanks for the space! :)

See less See more
#3 ·
I just got an email through my school regarding this service. Haven't looked into it yet but I guess it's worth looking at. Can't hurt to network with people.

Yuri

#5 ·
Sweet! Anyway, I know it may initially be perceived as a bit odd-ball, but if you stop to think about it we all relate very well to others in our Supra community. Please help me to spread the word, and let's make a big professional association out of it. :)

I'll go approve folks now, since I didn't even realize I'd need to do that. Heh.

#10 ·
Thanks for the feedback. You know I did think of that, and while I certainly respect all car enthusiasts, I believe that MKIV owners have a very specific bond and I've always felt that way. However, I called it a group for MKIV "enthusiasts" not owners, and if someone simply has the proper appreciation for the MKIV, they are more than welcome to join the group. I'm not going to check everyone's credentials...so at the end of the day it's just a name.

FYRARMS, join the group already! :)

#7 ·
I've been on LinkedIn for quite some time. I am a recruiter, so LinkedIn is obviously a perfect tool for me to use to find people who are good fits for job openings I have available...

I'm LinkedIn to Dusty, too. ;)

#8 ·
I'm on LinkedIn as well. Started when I worked in Finance for AT&T a few years ago.

Steve, thanks for the add! Now my profile is complete since I'm in the Supra group :lol:

#12 ·
:sadwavey:

"The groups directory is not currently open. We are working on creating a searchable directory for all groups. If there are groups you wish to join, you may click on the group logo from the profile of a group member and request to join."

#14 · (Edited)
see my post above...that is how I got to join, through Steve's public profile and clicked on the "Supra" group. Steve has to approve the people joining, I just was lucky enough to catch him online last night...you can also send an email as well.

#16 ·
Also, if anyone could provide me with two small MKIV Supra outline images (100 x 50, 60 x 30 pixels) I could use those for the group logo.

If you're having trouble seeing the group, I believe I can add you by e-mail address...there are some options like that available from my group membership control page. :)

*edit* I just approved you Dan...thank you for joining!

#22 ·
Weird, that's how I joined the group last night.. :lol: Dan, sent you and some other members network requests.

Since we're on the topic of professional networking sites, does anybody else use http://plaxo.com?

#25 ·
I really wasn't sure where to post this, so figured we'd start in OT. I have a signature link to the thread also, in case people notice it. I may move this over into the General Supra forum sometime, but wanted to gauge the interest a bit and figured this was a safe place to start.

*edit* Something I just noticed. Joining the group alone does not link us professionally. If you want to join each other's networks, we still need to send invites to each other specifically (thanks Mr. Sinister for helping me notice that).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.