Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,987 Posts
Sweet URL, could probably hand that one off for a pretty penny.
"Original Purchase Price from Kars4Kids was $525 plus $190 towing." If that's what you got the car for, what condition was it in when you got it?
Dash idea is super cool. Newer stand alone ECUs with gauge output via blutooth would work great with that if you could multiplex the addressing somehow.

· Registered
1,987 Posts
Nice. I saw the engine pics, very nice and clean. Getting it in there won't be a problem, just need the extra hands to keep it from bumping things as you settle it in and bolt it down.
Very familiar with the chip shortage you are referring to, I'm a PM at a F100 company and it's basically halted a lot of my 'work' the last couple of months. Thankfully I'm salary lol.
Would love to see more of your projects with the rPIs. I want to use some of them as well as old intel hardware I have laying around to make a home automation/alarm system to interface with a private email system, just not sure how to go about it. Any websites for more information you recommend in this regard are appreciated.

Reactions: debrucer1

· Registered
1,987 Posts
A sweet setup. The 'old stuff' never fails from that era. I have a keyboard from IBM built in 88 that is still marching on as I use it (but not on teleconferences in the current work from home etc).
Made a good move scratching the gov stuff, it always results in stress and being either rich or broke. DEC is a call back lol. My old stuff was RCA/GE/who will buy me. Since moved on from that arena and found a happy home doing some related things. Glad to hear you have time and energy to build this thing.

· Registered
1,987 Posts
If you can source some cheap long needle nose pliers like that, but flat, either heat them up and bend them or have them pressed to put the bend in. Might save you some money.
Shop has them so when I need them I just grab them, but if I were working out of my garage on a budget, I'd just modify a set instead of buying new for a tool I'd use a couple of times.

· Registered
1,987 Posts
Hopefully the drive to him is fun. I have a similar drive to my body shop, but it's very hilly and in the country, so no cops. If you come across a sheriff they're usually doing 10-15 over anyway, so no biggie. Distance is cut pretty short with the number of hills, can usually get away with 120+ in the middle of the day due to no traffic and fresh pavement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.