Supra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Heck yeah man that is awesome!

Down for some awesome updates this weekend!

Good luck!

It’s like Christmas with all those presents for the Supra.
Thanks fellas. Well today didn’t go as planned. But at least removed all of the automatic items.

Turns out I didn’t receive my pressure plate bolts from McLeod. So I’m on hold.

Tomorrow’s plan is the interior items to include led lights and master cylinder, clutch, brake pedals and cut the tunnel.

I’m bummed as I was hoping to get it all completed today. :cry:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well given your situation im very glad youre at least able to make the best of it and make awesome progress even though its delaying you!!!!!!

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Got a little bit more completed today.

•Wet sanded and polished gauge cluster to a glass finish as they were very scratched up.
•Installed some LED’s and added resistors where required.
•Installed clutch and brake pedals.
•Installed Tilton clutch master cylinder.

·
Registered
19 Posts
As a fellow RHD Supra owner I am also planning on going this same route. Mine is a TT 6 speed so I will stick with that. Early next year should be going PHR Street kit as well. Also hit up Pro Spec imports if you want something to fill the hole behind the rear license plate. They make a nice carbon piece.

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
^^Ill have to check out that plate, I saw a few things on their site that I want but most are out of stock so I moved on and closed the website.

Thanks!

I’m very excited about this build. Cannot wait to get the 6 spd swap finalized (waiting on pressure plate bolts). I’m going to enjoy the twins for a couple months until I make my final decision on single setup.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been enjoying my twins for 2 years now! Full bolt ons with a manual boost controller. Around 17.4 psi feels awesome! When they start giving me issues I will look into going single turbo. I already picked up a Southbend stage 3 endurance clutch for my V160. Mine was is really good shape as well. I need to plug those holes on my front bumper also eventually.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Also hit up Pro Spec imports if you want something to fill the hole behind the rear license plate. They make a nice carbon piece.
Does this fit the JDM plate space? I'm looking for something that I can drill a couple of holes into for a USDM plate on a couple of JDM cars. Was just going to use some al plate and spacers but this looks much cleaner.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does this fit the JDM plate space? I'm looking for something that I can drill a couple of holes into for a USDM plate on a couple of JDM cars. Was just going to use some al plate and spacers but this looks much cleaner.
Correct. Pro spec imports is based in Australia. No. Sure how long it would take to get them at the moment. I also got a blox racing license plate bracket to adapt the holes to a USDM license plate.

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I have been enjoying my twins for 2 years now! Full bolt ons with a manual boost controller. Around 17.4 psi feels awesome! When they start giving me issues I will look into going single turbo. I already picked up a Southbend stage 3 endurance clutch for my V160. Mine was is really good shape as well. I need to plug those holes on my front bumper also eventually.
Nice! Yea on the front bumper holes I’m completely filling them with plastic weld, body filler and repainting entire bumper. I want it smooth and not waves from license plate bracket.

The CF plate for the rear looks good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not trying to hijack this thread by any means, but I have the CF license backing plate, side garnishes, and exhaust shield that I bought last year from Pro Spec. I've never taken them out of the boxes and decided not to use any of them because I am going to have a respray done on my car. I ordered the license backing plate undrilled as I have a USDM TT and I was going to drill it for the US license plate so it would need to be drilled. As to not further hijack your build thread, shoot me a PM if you decide you want one without the wait.

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Not trying to hijack this thread by any means, but I have the CF license backing plate, side garnishes, and exhaust shield that I bought last year from Pro Spec. I've never taken them out of the boxes and decided not to use any of them because I am going to have a respray done on my car. I ordered the license backing plate undrilled as I have a USDM TT and I was going to drill it for the US license plate so it would need to be drilled. As to not further hijack your build thread, shoot me a PM if you decide you want one without the wait.
Pm sent.

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Just ordered some more parts.

CF Exhaust heat shield
CF License plate backing
Mishimoto Radiator
Mishimoto Radiator hoses
Stop Tech brake lines
Stop Tech Brake rotors
Stop Tech pads

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Nice! You’re not messing around at all.
Thanks! I think most of the cosmetic and maintenance items have been purchased before starting phase 2. My next purchase with be stand alone system.

P.S. Also getting the windows tinted this Sunday. Lol Gotta have tint in Florida and all of the creepers taking video and photographs while trying to drive around.

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Also just order brand new from Toyota 6 spd tensioner damper setup as I’ll be 6 spd now and I understand the auto tensioner without the damper could cause belt to jump off between shifting. (Nice way to blow $500 on parts that DONT add any cosmetic or HP points) :rolleyes:

ah and just order brand new HVAC buttons $90! I remember when you could buy them for $60. Damn Supra age tax getting me.

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
More goodies arrived!

Front and rear rotors, pads, 6 spd serpentine tensioner setup.

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
CF parts and pressure plate bolts arrived! Now I can complete my 6 spd swap today. Stand by for those photographs.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts