Supra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Man, there is no pissing around in this build thread . I must say you have found yourself a clean example of MKIV greatness.
Little talk, quality detail pictures showing progressive modifying action!
Reminds me of the build threads of the good ol day's..... Love it....

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Man, there is no pissing around in this build thread . I must say you have found yourself a clean example of MKIV greatness.
Little talk, quality detail pictures showing progressive modifying action!
Reminds me of the build threads of the good ol day's..... Love it....
Thank you! I’m slowly working on it.

Window tint completed with Prime XR heat shield. Very nice stuff.

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Few more goodies arrived!

Mishimoto radiator and hoses
One set of Stop Tech lines

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Looking good and working fast! Curious, does the OEM wing holes align with that TRD wing?
I curious also?
This particular Supra was wingless so I had to measure and drill holes. However my last few Supra’s that had a factory wing the TRD spoilers did in fact line up perfectly.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo
9 Posts
Great build. I have the same car as yours (same color, rhd, tt, auto). Waiting on my Granna kit.

Question:
1) how long did the AT to MT swap take you? Can it be done in one day?
2) seems like the hardest part of the swap is the actual drilling out of the firewall for the clutch lines. What was your take on this? Any tips?

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
Great build. I have the same car as yours (same color, rhd, tt, auto). Waiting on my Granna kit.

Question:
1) how long did the AT to MT swap take you? Can it be done in one day?
2) seems like the hardest part of the swap is the actual drilling out of the firewall for the clutch lines. What was your take on this? Any tips?
The swap “could” be done in one day but would be a long day. I have performed auto to manual swaps multiple times on this platform. I’m utilizing a quick Jack system and jacks, full auto removal to include the interior items usually takes approximately 2.5 hours at a decent solo pace. The Grannas swap is straight forward but there are steps you have to do in order for a “proper” install.

I was planning a full swap in a day but, first make sure you do in fact have every item needed to complete the task. I made the mistake of assuming the kit came with pressure plate bolts so I was halted in my tracks when learn it did NOT and had to wait a week for bolts.

The clutch pedal is definitely a PITA for a big/tall guy like myself. It’s not so much because of the drilling as that was easy. It’s just getting underneath upside down with limited space for pedal install.

Definitely take the driver seat out for sure. The clutch pedal was suppose to come with the upper secure bolt but mine must of gotten lost in the packaging or not shipped. No big deal, but it’s the small things that you need to double check before taking on the swap.

You need to measure the clearance for the hydraulic slave, not a big deal and Joel has made updated videos showing in details on how this is done.

Triple check your clutch slave lines as I pinched mine INSIDE of the bell housing. I even checked them when installing from the outside of the bell and both were loose and appeared free. But within the bell it somehow snagged on the transmission.

I cannot speak yet on drivability as I have not driven it yet due to being busy with other hobbies. :) Photographs to follow.

It can be done in a day but realistically plan for two days at a nice moderate pace. Everything fit how it’s advertised.

Nice Work! The Mcleod clutch with the T56 is a great choice. My RST feels like a stock clutch pedal.
Thanks! Yea figured this clutch will be plenty for awhile.

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Saturday other hobby fun. (Break from the garage)

Got stuck out on the ranch. Wifey was driving of course. Took two hours to get out with the winch and digging and had to call a Jeep out for help!:sneaky:

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
New items arrived!

Rims
TRD strut tower brace
Clear side markers
Hatch cushions
Toyota keys

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Do you know if they will fit with oem turbo calipers?

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Do you know if they will fit with oem turbo calipers?
I don’t see why not? There are TT’s running same size and offsets.

My TT is the early JDM model so it came with Na calipers which is perfect for me as my drag setup will have 15” rears so it’s perfect for me.

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Greddy 3 row arrived!

Should have my Titan Motorsports CF lip tomorrow.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts