Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First standing mile test of the TTRS... conservative boost (13psi) and lots of weight ballast to start out... should be very interesting what this car does in the standing mile as the setup gets optimized and the HP turned up. :rockon:

http://www.svspower.com/images/upload/video_63_0.wmv

everyone saw how this car made 1725rwhp last year at high boost... but some engine and tuning changes were made for this year and the efficiency has skyrocketed. Here is the dyno tuning session just prior to the standing mile (ran up to 17psi max boost for now):

http://www.svspower.com/images/upload/video_62_0.wmv (you will have to turn off all the lights in the room to see the boost gauge at the beginning, very dark picture)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
man you guys are crazy doing 200mph on that road! it seemed pretty rough at the end! That thing is making crazy power at such low boost levels. What turbos are you running?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Nice run SVS. I can't wait to see what you guy's do with trent's car. :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
I was there! That car was insane, and it looked great. Driver was really nice guy (talked to him a bit in the staging lanes). I was actually in the staging lanes when he made that pass, it was a matter of seconds before he was out of sight. I heard you guys had shoot deployment problems(both shoots) on one of your passes, glad all that got sorted out.

I was there with the guy in the dark green 71 Camaro, we were going to try and break 200 too but we only made 5 passes and none of them were good clean ones (plus one was on motor, no nitrous). Second to last pass we made we broke up real bad at the top of every gear, think we messed up the #8 and #3 pistons.... however we'll be back in the fall though, hope to see the car again!

Again, nice car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
SICK video, congrats guys

·
Registered
424 Posts
why do you always make a crazy dyno number then run the car at low boost all the time? I dont get it.... if you tuned it to make the number on the dyno, run that number for the mile.... its not rocket science, it seems like you guys are always working the bugs out. Tune the bitch and crack off a good number on HIGH boost!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thats because bugs are always being worked out like you said. Notice that the car just sheared off 5th gear when raising the boost slightly.

Keep in mind that the car is a multi purpose car and it is HARDLY EVER worked on. Last year the car was constantly changing setups for land speed, drag race, or standing mile - as it all requires a completely different setup and tune. unfortunately once you are running 1700hp, there is no multi purpose setup that will allow you to get the most out of the car in any circumstance. sacrifices in power have to be made to work on getting the car to hook up. customer projects have always been #1 and the race car is typically just worked on for a few days before an event and off they go. last time the car was drag raced they finally got the suspension setup down right and it tore the rear drivetrain right out of the car - but that stuff had been in there for YEARS. basically this car is a fuckin beast and it needs more attention then it gets if they ever decide to explore what its truely capable of.

i could wrong, but i believe that for 2007 a stronger focus will be put on running the car harder. These world records have come at barely any effort for the engine in that car. It should be exciting to see what the car does once they point the car in one direction and pull the trigger.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Thats because bugs are always being worked out like you said. Notice that the car just sheared off 5th gear when raising the boost slightly.

Keep in mind that the car is a multi purpose car and it is HARDLY EVER worked on. Last year the car was constantly changing setups for land speed, drag race, or standing mile - as it all requires a completely different setup and tune. unfortunately once you are running 1700hp, there is no multi purpose setup that will allow you to get the most out of the car in any circumstance. sacrifices in power have to be made to work on getting the car to hook up. customer projects have always been #1 and the race car is typically just worked on for a few days before an event and off they go. last time the car was drag raced they finally got the suspension setup down right and it tore the rear drivetrain right out of the car - but that stuff had been in there for YEARS. basically this car is a fuckin beast and it needs more attention then it gets if they ever decide to explore what its truely capable of.

i could wrong, but i believe that for 2007 a stronger focus will be put on running the car harder. These world records have come at barely any effort for the engine in that car. It should be exciting to see what the car does once they point the car in one direction and pull the trigger.
I hear you but it seems like you guys say the same thing over and over each year? Id love to see the car at its full potential.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Sweet vid congrats on the record. Keep us posted when you turn her up.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I hear you but it seems like you guys say the same thing over and over each year? Id love to see the car at its full potential.
we would all love to... but the fact of the matter remains that its not cheap to play with a car like that. to get the most out of a car with that type of power would require a lot of attention that isnt really worth paying for when there are more important things at hand.

BTW i dont work there anymore - I quit several months ago but I am still good friends with them. I am a full time college student and I still am 50% partner in a manufacturing business that has been growing well, so I didnt have the time to commit over there anymore.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts