Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine wants to race and put some $ on it. he has a lexis is 300 with an intake. i have a 93.5 with 80000 mikes in it. imy only mod it a k an n drop in. do you guys think i have a chance ? by the way is an auto.:(

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you know the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times on a na auto. i cant find them anywhere

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
ya.. 1993 Supra Automatic (Non-turbo)
7.23 seconds 0-60
15.53 1/4mile
top speed 148.2
lat. acc. .898 (whoa)
curb weight 3450lbs
Drag coefficient .31 (nice)

Hope this helps, bro.
:cool:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that helped alot. thanks i couldnt find that info anywhere.
You know i have been practicing. i step to everything that moves. i will let you guys know what happens.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
if you put an apexi power intake for the mkiii turbo on you'll probably get yourself down to 6.8 or nine in the 0-60 and real low 15's in the 1/4. it helps a lot on top end. it also give me about 16 mpg tho. the car almost refuses to shift into fourth unless i back off 99% and then give it some gas again. but the high end difference is worth it. you stand a chance. its probably gonna be even. is his is manual or auto. im pretty sure their making them in manual now so just wondering. guys check the new thread im gonna post this could affect your race. gonna becalled auto mode vs "manu"
Good luck
bob

·
Registered
296 Posts
lsd?

Hey you gotta check is the is 300 has lsd because it might just kick your ass if you don't have it.

I belive that is 300 stock does not come with lsd but can't be added as an option.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Re: lsd?

supra4life said:
Hey you gotta check is the is 300 has lsd because it might just kick your ass if you don't have it.

I belive that is 300 stock does not come with lsd but can't be added as an option.
heh, I'm not sure if an N/A can break traction :)
LSD isn't the hugest dry road naturally aspirated acceleration factor, especially when you've got such fat tires.

·
MKIV TT Sell-OUT
176 Posts
Re: Re: lsd?

Thermactor said:
heh, I'm not sure if an N/A can break traction :)
LSD isn't the hugest dry road naturally aspirated acceleration factor, especially when you've got such fat tires.
you'd be surprised ;) and i have an auto w/ nothing but a downpipe and 75%thread left on my tires...

·
Registered
296 Posts
not break track ?

I don't know about your car but my NA can fishtail and smoke like crazy (got a ticket for spinning wheel). I replace my 245 Eagle F1 with 255 Kumho (bang for the buck tires) to get more traction.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Thermactor, do you have those 0-60 & 1/4 times for the 5-speed?

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
The stock 1/4 miles times for the n/a were done like this . The stock n/a was given a weight penalty b/c the TT is heavier, meaning a passenger had to be in the car for the 1/4 miles times. Reality is 15.1-15.2 for a stock supra n/a I have ran 14.2with some bolt-ons and a couple custom mods on a g-tech but i think it wrong i will wait for the trak to find out for sure.
I figure im running around low 14's given i took about 150-160lbs off the car plus some mods you cant buy.ock n/a From what i have seen.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
axion where in new york are you from? there is this 97 silver supra i always see in queens and nassau so i was wonderin if maybe it was you

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
My n/a auto skids hard of the line not to the point of smoking the tires depends on what kind of street it is but ya know and i can get the car side ways fairly easily~

1 - 19 of 19 Posts