Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
supra store claims a BPU Supra can do 0-60mph in 4sec. I find it hard to belive. Has anyone got any data on this?

C

·
0 Posts
When my Z had just an intake, exhaust and downpipes (still had main cats) I went 0-60 in 4.8X according to a G-tech on bald 245mm tires. A BPU Supra should have 100 more rear wheel hp than I did and it has wider tires and a better suspension for launching.

·
0 Posts
it certainly can...and perhaps with a higher stall tc...i would imagine slightly less than 4.0.

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
It's all about traction for those kind of sprints. Just as 60 foot times are critical to good times in the quarter mile...same principle applies here. Assuming you get a great launch, I bet a BPU Supra can be in the high 3 second range. Now if you ask me if I've personally ever hit a 0-60 time of 4 seconds or less, I highly doubt it. :D

Steve T.
1995 Supra TT hardtop

O

·
0 Posts
randy said:
supra store claims a BPU Supra can do 0-60mph in 4sec. I find it hard to belive. Has anyone got any data on this?
if your doing 10.40 in the quater mile your 0-60 should be close to 3.5

S

·
0 Posts
My car does 4.0 sec w/ straight BPU. Stock auto tranny, going up hill

·
Blue 03 cobra I wish :)
251 Posts
Suprahaha said:
My car does 4.0 sec w/ straight BPU. Stock auto tranny, going up hill

nice, my bpu 0 to 60 in 10sec hehe damn traction :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
SilverTT said:
Doesn't the Z06 do 3.8 stock? wouldn't that make the typical supra BPU at least that?
Yeah with a normally aspirated torque fest on wider tires...hey if we had 5.7L we'd being doing that too.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hi Alex, nice to see another UK guy on here.

I think that yes, the MKIV has the power when BPU'ed to do 4second and even high 3 0-60 times. But only with huge tires to give the necassary grip.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
For manual cars, you would have to be willing to abuse your clutch to get a time like that or brake-torque the hell out of an auto. And I don't think it would happen on 275 section pure street tires! Drag radials should do the trick. If only Supras could launch like Z06s.....they would be almost unstoppable when single turbo'd!

When Motor Trend tested the Lingenfelter 650 Twin-Turbo C5 (570 RWHP and similar torque) they only got 0-60 in 4.5sec with 275 street tires, but 3.3 with full slicks. :eek:

I

·
0 Posts
My best is 4.4, but thats 0-62, 6sp. When i was using the auto tranny, it did a flat 4.

H

·
0 Posts
Did it about five times on G-Tech Pro and it averaged out to be around 3.85sec. Mine's 97TT Auto. :D

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
my 300zx TT did 0-60 in low 4's to high 3's and ran low 12's . its do able 0-60 in 4seconds on street tires. but you have to alot of traction and get a great launch. I was running 16lbs boost and was playing with older vette 65-67 and a 95 lt4 vette on the parkway. lol damn i miss my 300zx I had a 91 which had somewhat more agreesive cams then any other year. stocks specs on my 91TT no joke were 0-60 4.5 1/4 13.2 I have seen cars do 3second 0-60 but really who needs to go that fast j.k i guess we all do aslong as you can handle it.

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
I'd bet that BPU cars if given a good launch could pull high 3 sec. 0-60 times. I've never run my car w/ a G-Tech, 1.8x '60 times on well heated street tires should equate to pretty quick 0-60 times.

On Sunday night I pulled a 5 sec. 10-60 time lighting up the cold tires all the way until the hooked at around 65. :p

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I've done several G=tech runs 0-60. All of them were in the mid to low four second range. I think my best was 4.3, and that was with spinning all the way through first and 1/2 way through second. I've heard those things are pretty damn accurate, but who knows.:rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts