Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this will have been asked before buts what the best 0 - 60MPH time by a street legal Supra.

·
Got Boost?
141 Posts
wrayr said:
I'm sure this will have been asked before buts what the best 0 - 60MPH time by a street legal Supra.
I'm sure it is high 3s, low 4s. If a Supra can get its 60ft into the 1.6s range, they are looking at high 3s I would imagine. 1.7s range would be closer to low 4s? Something like that. I am sure there are quite a few with some sticky tires that can do that.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
0-60 doesn't mean shit, except to bench/magazine boyracers (Isn't that a British term for riceboys?) and various marketing people at automobile manufacturers.

:)

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
I agree..

Off the line (0-60) doesn't mean shit. Hold the lead till the end of the quarter and then that is something to brag about!:eek:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its all about the 1/4 and 30-50mph rolls that count for me.

·
Mechanical Engineer
242 Posts
Torch said:
Of course you Supra guys would think that. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I think that too, clutches are expensive on the mkIV. But if I was auto, then I would be boostin my ass of the line all day.:D :D :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Torch said:
Of course you Supra guys would think that. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Notice the meta tag, it says supraforums. Lots of people here drive supras.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the previous owner of my car got a 5.27s 0-60 as it sits now... not blisteringly fast, but its good for a car that started out as a 6.7s 0-60

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wonder what John Force does 0 - 60mph in...

bahahaa... Any guesses? I'd say 1.0 second on the dot.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol, I love where this one is going, all I know is I can't wait til i get the new clutch and get the launches down, then I will go around looking for MkIV's that wanna race for slips.... the catch.... from 0-60. 'Cause I know what's gonna happen after that. Keep it at this.

VR4- off the line nothing beats a GOOD AWD launch, small turbos=less lag, NO TOP END

Supra- ho hum.... OMG! my eyes have gone through the back of my head how the hell did the turbos all of a sudden kick me back this far @ 4500rpm I feel like the Millenium Falcon, to infinity and beyond, you get the point, more lag BUT way more top-end and single T-76's, T-88's running 130-150mph traps

But this is just my opinion I have no experience so don't put too much merit into what I say, hopefully this is true so I can win an MkIV and get to see firsthand what the benefits of each are.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well...

100mph in the first second is probably off a bit. I think that Force probably gains 100mph/second after the cars got momentum, but I figure the first 1.0 second is getting the car from a dead stop to 60mph...?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
A top fuel car will hit 100 mph in .9 seconds. The
rate of acceleration slows significantly towards the
end of the 1/4 mile due to efficiency losses from
heat and all the clutches finally hooking up.
Wayne

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
superfly said:
Its all about the 1/4 and 30-50mph rolls that count for me.
It must be fun to just floor it from 30mph isn't it? :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts