Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, im out of town so im not near my car. but my brother did a compression check on my car and there is 0 compression in one of the cylinders and im not sure which one.

but here is the story,
i know i had a slight BHG that pushed out my coolant. call me stupid i know ok. but only transportation. it still ran good. i put water in it everyday and it didnt over heat and i didnt drive it unless i had to. but one day i was coming home and i boosted it pretty hard. well it started running funny. i pull over and the engine is like sputtering..like missing. ok, and when i take off the oil cap white smoke would puff out and i have a hose connected to the valve cover but i dont have a catch can so i just ran it down the side of the motor. well oil was all over where that was. so i was like Fuck. i had it full of oil.
well it ran alright and you really wouldnt be able to tell it was running off 5 cylinders when driving normal. but now it smoke white when i drive all the time. not a huge amount, just pretty much a small constant amount. I drive it slow for like 4 days to work.(Only trans!) i put water in it. oil and water arent mixing anywhere.

so what do you think it could be? i didnt run lean anytime i boosted it. it ran Rich like about 11.2 on the wideband.
could i have burnt a hole in the valve? maybe such a bad BHG? im pretty sure i dont have a hole in the side of my block. my motor doesnt knock. oil is the same level.
when i take the oil cap off i can hear it ever second or 2 like gasses getting released like a puff......puff...........pufff.... i also took the vent hose from the valve cover to the block off and listened to that and it was doing the same thing. so i could hear it out of the valve cover and the block.

please any advise. i ordered a new head gasket a couple days ago. so i will end up ripping it all apart..
so i guess if i find out my motor is blown then expect to see a turbo setup and other things for sell so i can get enough money to get a motor.

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts

And the bitch still ran go 7MGT power :bowdown: Running on 5 JDM smog machine

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
If you have a cylinder with ZERO compression, then I would be interested in the compression of the cylinders around it.

Even a BHG will have some compression to it. If a particular cylinder has zero and the others around it are fine, then possibly bent valve/stuck open.

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
might've hit a rod, by keep adding your adding water in the cyclinders, only rotories will push water out in the combustion process, pistion ones do not. i bet you kept building up til you boosted (like an idiot, sorry) and overcompressed the motor.

<l><l>

·
Registered
375 Posts
rings???

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay cyclinder one closest to the front of the car has 30psi compression. Two has about 135 and the rest have about 140psi. I checked the compression about two months ago and it was 150psi across. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Going to pull the head off and take a look.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay maybe this will help. I forgot to add that when I checked the compression two months ago the motor was warmed up because I drove it and it was 150psi across. Now when I checked it two days ago and it had the figures I posted about it was cold and the motor had not been run that day.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
put a bit of oil in the cylinder for your low comp numbers, if the pressure goes up then its rings, if it doesnt, its something else.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yah I wil do that before I take the head off.

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
91PoopraTurbo said:
lucky you didn't blow a weld on your intake!
ya but now hes gotta replace that floor pan that fell out

<l><l>

·
Registered
13 Posts
Stuck exhaust valve! Had a DSM due this to me a few years ago cylinders 1,3,4 were
within tolerences and number 2 had zero. Everybody told me it was rings etc but if that were the case there would be some compression 5psi anything, tore the head down and there were two bent exhaust valves, I think somebody snapped the timing belt and didn't check for more damage.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts