Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
For crying out loud.
I can see what is probably happening here, they are reading .002 and assume that since the X in .XX2 represent the cents place holders, the 2 is .002 and they simply state cents.

Now MY thoughts are, the rate seems reasonable at .002 CENTS though... SO if in fact their software or statment CLEARLY says .002 cents, then these guys no longer need a job. The guy sounded pretty freakin confident and arrogant that HE knew what he was talking about and the consumer didn't.

So now we're back to, trust the programmer to program the rate properly, which then the rate should show clearly .002 Dollars, or .2 cents.

·
this shit was just fuckin hilarious.

i bet half the people here would not have gotten what he was talking about if there wasn't an actual picture showing "$.002 = .002c"

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
this shit was just fuckin hilarious.

i bet half the people here would not have gotten what he was talking about if there wasn't an actual picture showing "$.002 = .002c"
Why he didn't just tell them to write it out in the first place was what I was wondering too.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I work for verizon wireless, believe me when I say that people are this dumb, if not dumber at my work. That lady that got on the phone and said she was a manager, I am willing to bet she was just another phone monkey and she wasn't really a manager. The actual call is about 1 hour long if I remember correctly but when this came out, man I wanted to buy this shirt and wear it on casual fridays to work....
http://www.consumerist.com/assets/resources/2007/01/verizonmathtshirts.jpg

·
The white guy
55 Posts
Just saw this for the first time and I'm dumbfounded. I'm pretty sure they covered this in math when I was in elementary school. I believe the section was consumer math *ROR*

·
Registered
770 Posts
it is things like that that make me glad Mum was a maths teacher and impressed the importance of units symbols at the end of the number.

I can see you might get some absolute morons as drones on phones, but... this beggars belief.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts