Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got my hands on a na 2jz, just gonna cut to the chase and start asking, could i run a T66 on lowish boost reliably? And at what power level will the stock 5 speed tiptronic blow?

Thanks,
Caleb

·
Banned
451 Posts
I would would change the head gasket to a TT head gasket to being down the compression to 8.5:1 from 10:1 by doing this it would allow you to run boost safely. No answer for the other part of the question.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would would change the head gasket to a TT head gasket to being down the compression to 8.5:1 from 10:1 by doing this it would allow you to run boost safely.
Thanks for the heads up Peter, how much do you think doing that would set me back in parts? I can do the work myself.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can find GTE rods & pistons for pretty cheap in the for sale section. I think I just saw a set of pistons for $130 shipped. Rods are typically equally priced. And like Peters said, the TT head gasket would almost be required. The OEM (recommended) can be picked up for ~$160, go ahead and look at ARP head studs while you're at (another ~$160). That'd put you in a safe zone for the motor, at least. The transmission, eh.. I can't speak on it but have seen guys do ~400 at the wheels without touching the transmission.

·
Registered
33 Posts
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...pec-CP-Pistons-SP-QSV-AEM-V2-Setup-amp-Others

So I was wrong: it was BOTH the rods AND pistons for $130... but didn't include shipping. I bet you could negotiate them for $150 shipped/paypal'd. Still, it's an easy, and cheap, upgrade if you're already going to have the motor half way apart. Throw another few bucks at it for bearings and the such and you'll be good to go! It will give you that peace of mind for your boosted application.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts