Supra Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
SupraForums Sponsor
1,020 Posts
I forgot to post back up here to mention that our new PLUG AND PLAY oxygen sensor simulators that I made are in stock and ready to ship. We have tested these on several cars with no problems, they work just as they should. We also have an installation write-up on our website (link in the product description).
Here is the new simulator:
http://www.speedforsale.com/supraparts/product_info.php?products_id=323

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,286 Posts
Sorry to bring up a dead thread bu thas anyone installed the one MVP motorsports sells? I wired it in just after the clip under the drivers seat. The light is blinking at me so I'm assuming that it works. Plugged in an OBDII ecu and first thing the car did was throw the check engine light. Im perplexed, and I dont really feel like having to keep taking out the drivers seat.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,286 Posts
I did, but I dont like that light on. for it to be off with obdII...you need to do this and put resistors in the VSV plugs.

It's still nice to know whats wrong with you car though, which is why im adding an obdII port shortly.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,286 Posts
Question: Will the car perform any different with the code set because I didnt get the 02 fooler? I can care less if I have a little light on my dash.

No, it wont. But then if you actually throw a check engine light, you'll have no way of knowing b/c it'll already be on. And w/o an obdII port, you wont be able to check codes :wavey:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
No, it wont. But then if you actually throw a check engine light, you'll have no way of knowing b/c it'll already be on. And w/o an obdII port, you wont be able to check codes :wavey:
Ill get a port :) , will be using autoenginuity's OBD2 pc based scanner. Im sure I will have other lights on for other stuff.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I thought this would be a good place to add a small bit of information about the O2 heater sercut when adding a O2 fooler...In the past everyone has just left there secondary O2 plugged in to have the ECU read the resistance in the sercut. Well I did a 2JZGTE OBD2 swap in my MK2 and didn't have a extra O2 just for the heater sercut so i thought id try something stupid simple to fix the problem and it worked...

All i did was tap the heater sercut wire from the primary O2 right @ the ecu...

SO in short tap pin (from my 98 book) B72(HT2) to B71(HT) and you dont have to have a second O2 at all with a O2 fooler.

The ecu reads the resistance form the primary O2 and its happy thinking that its reading resistance from the secondary O2. The primary heater sercut is unchanged.

·
Registered
207 Posts
All i did was tap the heater sercut wire from the primary O2 right @ the ecu...

SO in short tap pin (from my 98 book) B72(HT2) to B71(HT) and you dont have to have a second O2 at all with a O2 fooler.

The ecu reads the resistance form the primary O2 and its happy thinking that its reading resistance from the secondary O2. The primary heater sercut is unchanged.
Is there a concensus as to whether this solution works? I have a 98 with no catalytic converter so the check engine light comes on for the secondary O2 sensor

Thread resuretion

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,286 Posts
Is there a concensus as to whether this solution works? I have a 98 with no catalytic converter so the check engine light comes on for the secondary O2 sensor

Thread resuretion
Haven't done that, but logically, it makes sense. You're sending the signal from the O2 sensor 1 into the ECU for O2 sensor 2. If you have a fields harness between your stock harness and your ECU, this should be super simple to try out, and just as easy to undo if it doesn't work.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts