1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Supraddict
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.ronaelemustang.com/

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select3329.htm

Like it or not, that is one mean looking car with the power to back it up

Only 100 to be made by some private company of some sort, few details. 480 HP, but not worth 75K IMO. Still, the original '67 from the movie and the subsequent Shelby GT500E's are the most badass looking/sounding cars ever in my opinion, you can't beat American muscle :) I'm biased because i'm probably the only member on here who actually likes Mustangs. Flame suit on. Discuss.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
man if the new mustang doesnt look heavy enough - that looks liek its 9000lbs.

Im a little conflicted on what I think of it though. Some lines I liek, others not so much. And I think its a repost too...

3rd picture it looks good...

·
Supraddict
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol, it does look a bit builky from a few angles, like a tank. News just came out today so I doubt I reposted, someone posted about the new Shelby GT500 coming out, thats different though, but equally badass.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
funny yet - im listening to Low Rider right now.

·
Registered
488 Posts
rcsupra said:
lol, it does look a bit builky from a few angles, like a tank. News just came out today so I doubt I reposted, someone posted about the new Shelby GT500 coming out, thats different though, but equally badass.
Actually since the Shelby GT500 Cobra will cost around 39K (before stupid dealer markups) and since it will run a fully forged 5.4L DOHC Blown Twin Screw from the factory with a warranty along with the head of the SVT department saying at a convention this week that the car will be closer to 500hp and no less than 480hp. Not the 450 that the mags quoted. I'd take the new GT500 over this car any day. I like this car but I hate the location and size of the lamps up front. Way to big, too close together, and too low. Hood could be toned down a bit.

·
Supraddict
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats a good point, and the 5.4 can and will withstand more power than any 4.6 could create. I'd get the GT500 and put the above kit/side exhaust on, that would be badass. I'm still mystified as to why Ford chose to put quarter windows where the scoop was on the original as they did on the base GT, thats why I like the above Eleanor kit b/c it replaces that and makes the whole car more aggressive.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Not saying it looks bad, but it looks like something off an action Hollywood movie.

S

·
0 Posts
STAGED said:
Not saying it looks bad, but it looks like something off an action Hollywood movie.
Or I guess you could say it looks "Hot Wheels".

I like the quarter glass deletion.

I agree with Wob, this mustang looks FAT.

Doubt I'd ever drive a mustang. Cool V8 RWD's, but not enough appeal for me.

·
Registered
488 Posts
rcsupra said:
I'm still mystified as to why Ford chose to put quarter windows where the scoop was on the original as they did on the base GT, thats why I like the above Eleanor kit b/c it replaces that and makes the whole car more aggressive.
My best guess---Blind spots. With the delete kit your going to have a HUGE blind spot. They gotta protect themselves and their customers. I can see tons of accidents with these cars if they all came with the delete kit on them. It would drive insurance up and keep people away from the platform. As it is this car is a CASH COW for a starving company. It's going to be a big part of their revenue generator for the next few years. And if they keep things fresh every year or 2 with cars like the GT500, or a new Mach or even better a Boss Mustang with a Cammer 5.0 DOHC Mod motor which makes roughly 400hp it will keep the public spotlight on these cars in a positive manor. GM's gotta be kicking theirselvs for giving up on the Fbodies. Ford has canceled all orders for 05 GT Mustangs going back to Feb because even with an increase of 80K production units to a total of 192K Mustangs for 2005 cars they can't fill all of the orders for 05 GT's that they had taken up through the mid of Feb. All customers who ordered 05 GT's after the mid of Feb have an option of their deposit back or have an option to have their order rolled over to a 06 GT. 05's demand has exceeded their ability to build the cars. Their actually selling more GT’s than they are V6’s in a long long time.

·
KILL THE WABBIT!
253 Posts
funny how Ford and mustang owners never
post SIDE VIEWS or REAR SHOTS of the car
because the rear of the new stang looks like ass.

The front is pretty cool- the only good angle is the 45 degree angle
of the front end (which is all you ever see posted anywhere)

from everywhere else, the new mustang looks like dong.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
seriously i think they look awful (this one even moreso), at least the old ones had style these are like a hybrid of we need to boost sales and lets use up our past glory.

I loved the last cobras with the irs and the s/c, they looked good and finally a well rounded mustang.

·
Registered
488 Posts
STEN said:
funny how Ford and mustang owners never
post SIDE VIEWS or REAR SHOTS of the car
because the rear of the new stang looks like ass.

The front is pretty cool- the only good angle is the 45 degree angle
of the front end (which is all you ever see posted anywhere)

from everywhere else, the new mustang looks like dong.
Funny, I don't seem to see a lack of side and rear shots.

And this side profile looks absolutly sweet IMO

As far as the front end pictures? You’re dead wrong. Shows you don't pay much attention other than to talk smack. I have about 3 dozen front end shots, all different angles (and they all look good) of the GT500, GT, 6 cyl, Saleen etc that have been widely published on the web. I’m not going to pollute the thread by posting anymore but I can PM you tons of links. 1 with over 30 shots of all angles of the GT500

·
Registered
488 Posts
SuprAng said:
I loved the last cobras with the irs and the s/c, they looked good and finally a well rounded mustang.
Carol Shelby and the head of SVT said they found they could get the performance numbers in handling of the GT500 that they wanted without the IRS. Thus weight and cost were saved. That’s one of the factors that will allow this car to be sold for under 40K. Expect well over .9 on the skid, good slalom numbers etc. Don't forget Shelby was never a drag racer. He has been a road racer from the get go and has made handling an emphasis on every car he has put his name on along with good power. Expect this car to run close to the 2000 Cobra R which put down 1.02 on the skid and ran the slalom at 69.8mph and this car will brake better than the Cobra R which ran 60-0 in 115 feet. They said that this cars chassis is so dialed in that it stunned the whole SVT team on how well it's handling characteristics were. Huai Thai-Tang who now runs the SVT program said all new SVT cars and trucks will have equal emphasis on handling as they had with power in the past. It's really the biggest component they were lacking although past SVT products were no slouch in handling they had a great deal of room for improvement.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts