Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was in a hurry to school yesturday and as I was about a mile away from my exit, i noticed in my rear view mirror one of the new 06 subaru's was pulling up really fast. So i sat their and figured its probably going to want a run and I was debating if I should or not. So as the car was getting closer I figure I'll just turn up the boost from 12psi to 15 psi just in case. As i turned up the boost, the subaru pulled up beside me. It was a blue 06 turbo wagon w/gold rims. Now i have seen this guy around and he also has a STI that runs in the 11's or 12's. I have talked to him before and this is his daily driver. He doesnt know that i have MKIV though. Anyways along with the story, he got beside me, no honks or any sign to go, i dropped it in 3rd from around 60mph i believe, and after i droped it, it was on. There was a little lag but when the 2nd turbo kicked in, I was gone. I wasnt paying attention to how fast we were going but i was probly near top of 4th then i let off and turned out on my exit.
Well this is a kill but I was expecting more. His subaru wagon is the turbo version and i think it should be stock, unless he's boosting more then stock psi. He also had a passenger and I had no passengers. Out of that run I probably pulled him by around 3-4 cars i think. Does that sound right? or do they make these in STI versions too?

His specs (off of autotrader):
Curb Weight: 3294 lbs
Horsepower: 230 hp @ 5600 rpm
Torque: 235 ft-lbs @ 3600 rpm

Mine:
94 TT
3"dp
HKS fmic
boosting 15psi(91 octane, there is noticable difference from 12psi to 15psi)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've driven one -- car's slow. If you ran to 120 you'd win by far more than 3-4 cars.
- quick posting on penpen's acct

·
Registered
12 Posts
from 60mph the wrx wagons, or any wrx for that matter (even the 06 with the 2.5L) is going to be very slow....coming from an owner of an 02 wrx wagon. They can hold their own from a dig, but aren't much fun at cruising speeds. I guess the 06 2.5 WRXs run 13.6s in stock form though....quite the improvement from 05.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts