Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
'85 SDR 7MGTE 5sp
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these good cars? Honda/Toyota style reliability, or close? My gf wants a new car, and she likes the hatch. Any big issues?

She wants an auto, and isn't concerned with power. Hatch + AWD is what she likes.

ps. Is there such thing as a WRX with automatic?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Are these good cars? Honda/Toyota style reliability, or close? My gf wants a new car, and she likes the hatch. Any big issues?

She wants an auto, and isn't concerned with power. Hatch + AWD is what she likes.

ps. Is there such thing as a WRX with automatic?

they are very reliable, i bought myself a 97 outback a few weeks back for a grand and its a beast in the snow, but i know on older WRX models they came auto im not sure about the new ones.

·
Goes Vroom Pshh now
2,772 Posts
for the wrx, you would have to check subarus site im not sure which trim had the auto but there is a wrx auto, and its a fun car even with an auto. i was looking for an auto wrx (06-07) but they are EXTREMELY rare.

now the non wrx, fucking dead reliable (more than a wrx imo) and you will feel like superman in the winter with its awd ;)

·
'85 SDR 7MGTE 5sp
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, non WRX is going to be the winner. She doesn't want anything but a commuter - and she def doesn't want me modding her car to death ;)

·
Goes Vroom Pshh now
2,772 Posts
yeah cant go wrong with that. do it! oh and get some good snow tires for winter anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts