Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
Blitz Supra
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are sure you guys will get a kick out of this crazy project of ours. This is the first project of this kind in the world and we are proud to be a part of this exclusive project. This projects will create ooohss and ahhhs from both sides of the court. I think the benefit however will weigh in for MKIV Supras though, as this will prove how the 2JZ can create tremendous amounts of stupid HP through turbocharging technology while being extremely reliabe.

SPECS:
Inline 6 Cylinder (1,000HP est.)
Precision Turbo w/ Anti Surge Technology (Polished)
Massive Greddy Air Intake Manifold (Chromed)
Chrome Intercooler Piping
Blitz Front Mount Intercooler
6 Speed Getrag Manual Transmission
Custom Made High Performance Driveshaft (Designed to handle well over 1,000HP)
Heavy Duty Currie Rear End
Baer 14" Brakes
Aluminum Pulleys
RPS Turbo Clutch with worlds only Single Diaphragm Pressure Plate Technology
RPS CYN-R-G Segmented Flywheel(Worlds First Billet Flywheel Not Designed To Warp)
Hydraulic Brake System (Similar technology to AMG Braking Systems)
Tubular Exhaust Manifold
High Performance Throttle Body
Precision Fuel Injectors
High Flow Billet Fuel Rail
Custom Stand Alone Engine Management System
Blitz Electronic Boost Controller System

Here is a glimpse of the project!

·
Blitz Supra
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car itself will be kept under wraps for now until an official showing. Thanks!

·
Blitz Supra
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Soon enough you guys will be able to see this one of a kind bad ass ride. Powered by your almighty 2JZ!

·
Sofa King We Tall Did
240 Posts
I would look twice when if I heard it coming down the street. I could never imagine the higher tones from an import motor coming out of a 1st gen camaro.

·
Registered
702 Posts
i don't mean to offend you supra guys, but i think its pretty fucking lame to put a 2jz in a camaro. The only reason someone would do that, is just to show people that it could be done. Theres no benefit in performance or power, so WTH?

Looks like a huge waste of time/money in an effort to be different. Or maybe you guys saw tokyo drift and thought if an RB could be put into a mustang, y not a 2jz into a camaro, brilliant...

i don't mean to offend the OP, i just don't see the point.

·
Registered
657 Posts
i don't mean to offend you supra guys, but i think its pretty fucking lame to put a 2jz in a camaro. The only reason someone would do that, is just to show people that it could be done. Theres no benefit in performance or power, so WTH?

Looks like a huge waste of time/money in an effort to be different. Or maybe you guys saw tokyo drift and thought if an RB could be put into a mustang, y not a 2jz into a camaro, brilliant...

Reliability. The third thing you forgot.

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
Same here. Awesome motor and awesome car. Just that the two shouldn't mate. Kinda like the stupid Mustang in 2F2F.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts

No benefit in performance or power? ahahhahahahaha :hay:

The 6.5L big block is far from the pinnacle of engines, it's not like they got a veyron and put the jz in that.

It's not different than all the people that swap LS1's into 1st gens, those don't get ragged on... but put an import engine in it and OMG it's a sin.

So in conclusion, the car that does more HP, more reliable, better powerband, better tranny, and a hell of a lot lighter mixed in with a huge aftermarket (especially if they already do surpas) and you have a decent swap. Sure it's not the best "bang for the buck" but it's something nobody has ever done (apperently) and would be good publicity for whoever does the shop.

If they went all out and did the rear end the camaro could finally be considered an ok track car.

Oh well, if you like the car who cares what other people think. It's not their car

·
BMW Tech
337 Posts
This is really cool, and congrats on being the first.

Just hope to see it hit the track or tracks and show that it can move as well as it looks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
That's a great car and engine swap! Nice work!

F... the Haters'

They are probably jealous its not in their garage anyways.

The best part about switchin out a big block V-8 for a 2JZ built like that has to be that you will get some serious traction with a tubbed frame and some seriously meaty tires and drive train in the rear end. Camero's are meant for straight line speed and this thing is going to haul ASS!!!

1 - 20 of 268 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
267 Replies
129 Participants
FYRARMS
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing