Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1/2 NA-T Build (PICS NO 56K)UPDATED

Well I have most of the main parts for the NA-T conversion and will start working on the project by the middle of next week. I will keep this thread updated throughout the build with pics and most likely many questions. Later.

Just put up a website detailing the 1/2 Na-T build. Not too much info right now but more to come. Later.

1/2 Na-T Webpage

Parts I have:
Apexi SAFC II: 254.00
935 Motorsports 7MGE CT26 Oil Lines: 125.00
Misc Adapters for Oil Return: 45.00
Stock FPR: 15.00
MR Downpipe: 95.00
CT-26 Turbo and elbow: 110.00
Intercooler and Piping: 80.00
Exhaust Manifold: 50.00
440 Injectors: 60.00
Upper IC piping: 43.00
Bov: 100.00
Intercooler Couplers and Misc couplers with T-bolts: 100.00
Y-pipe Intake manifold gasket: 15.00
Turbo to Elbow Gasket: 25.00
Catch Can: 43.00
LM-1 Wideband: 310.00
Turbo Spark Plugs: 10.00
Turbo to exhaust manifold gasket:32.00
Turbo to Elbow Gasket: 25.00
Elbow to Dp Gasket: 5.00
3" Exhaust Gasket: 11.00
Fan Shroud: 78.00

Total 1352.00*

*It has probably cost me right around $1500 for the conversion.

Parts still needed(approximate costs):
MSD BTM: 150.00
Boost Gauge: 50.00
Misc: 50.00

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Therm, definately let you know. Later.

·
Registered
150 Posts
hope all goes well for you , and thanks for the pics so far , i,ll be doin this swap in the new year . i,ve got most of the part,s already , good luck :)

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will definately update this thread with pics whenever progress is made. I just had to replace the fuel lines on my daily driver 95 Pathfinder and spent money meant for NA-T parts, so I probably wont get started until after Christmas. Later.

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
86SUPRA7mgte said:
excellent start...i'll be doing the same thing ur doing prob. after christmas..except FMIC, 550s, 3in afm, etc

How much boost are you going to run on the N/A to need 550cc injectors? Are you doing something about the compression ratio? Later.

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
How much boost are you going to run on the N/A to need 550cc injectors? Are you doing something about the compression ratio? Later.
no..i'm just concerned about seeing my wideband guage leaned out all the time ...not to mention i'll be on the bottle as well..

G

·
I remember when Dean M did his NA-T sev yrs ago...he tired of that flapper AFM very quickly. He told me one of the best 'mods' he did was to go to GTE electronics.

Good luck.

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
cool. good luck.

I run 440's and i have to lean out my SAFC cause my wideband reads pig rich with those. (11psi)

the flapper AFM is a PITA. Its a HUGE restriction before the turbo, at one point doc J and i discussed dual AFM flappers read by the SAFC and converted into one signal for the ecu.

·
Registered
150 Posts
jong said:
cool. good luck.

I run 440's and i have to lean out my SAFC cause my wideband reads pig rich with those. (11psi)

the flapper AFM is a PITA. Its a HUGE restriction before the turbo, at one point doc J and i discussed dual AFM flappers read by the SAFC and converted into one signal for the ecu.
The way your car was goin on that video, there didnt seem to be to much restriction goin on ;)

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am sure after I get the car running smoothly I will tweak different things that need it. I was thinking about getting my Techtom Modified Ecu reprogrammed by RCTS(Reg Reimers shop) to include different fuel and timing maps. Later.

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
The way your car was goin on that video, there didnt seem to be to much restriction goin on
sorry, couldn't tell if you were sarcastic or not ;)

thanks anyways :) :)

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well it finally got warm enough out in the garage so I could pull off the throttle body and Y-pipe for the intake manifold off and get to the fuel rail and injectors. I will keep updating with pics as I make progress. Here are the pics:

The fuel rail is FINALLY OUT:

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!

oh man, i can't wait til you goto the dyno!!!!

1 - 20 of 155 Posts