Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a vid of my car starting up for the first time. More boosting videos to come once I get her tuned. Enjoy.

Please right click and save as:

1/2 Na-T Startup

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jong. Later.

·
Registered
945 Posts
looks good but did u notice the smoke/fumes of some sort coming from what would equate to the 3000 pipe and the intake manifold side? Also the engine stuttered when you revved it up right before you got out of the car.

Sounds great other than that. Good work. Keep us posted.

"D"

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the smoke is coming out of the two holes for crankcase ventilation on the valve covers. I ended up using small pieces of coolant hose where the t connects to them. They probably are not as tight s they should be. When boost builds there is so much pressure that some smoke comes out.

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
sounds rather healthy. Looks great. I wanna see some driving vids! :bigthumb:

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
waynis said:
sounds rather healthy. Looks great. I wanna see some driving vids! :bigthumb:
Driving vids will be here soon, I should be getting the rpm converter for my lm-1 on Friday and then all it takes is time. Should have boosting vids by early next week. Later.

·
Drifter 4 Life!
377 Posts
dude that thing sounds sick. just one question, i myself am going to be doing a turbo swap soon and i know its been covered but i just want to ask. did you just bolt the turbo on or did you have to buy a new ecu, wiring harness, and other stuff or just the turbo, manifold, ic, and pipes? thanks man, it looks good! :bigthumb:

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fatMKIII said:
dude that thing sounds sick. just one question, i myself am going to be doing a turbo swap soon and i know its been covered but i just want to ask. did you just bolt the turbo on or did you have to buy a new ecu, wiring harness, and other stuff or just the turbo, manifold, ic, and pipes? thanks man, it looks good! :bigthumb:
I used the 7MGE wiring harness and ecu, stock afm, and distributor. All other parts were stock turbo parts, 440cc injectors, Exhaust Manifold, Ct-26, Fuel Pressure Regulator. You can go to my website 1/2 Na-t Website for a detailed list of parts and there approximate costs. Also check out all the threads on this forum by doing a search for 1/2 NA-t. Hope this helps later.

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hoser813 said:
do you play hockey?
Lol, I knew at least one person would comment, and yes I do play hockey. That game was filmed probably around 10 years ago when I was 13. Later.

·
Professional White Man
2,674 Posts
JT87NA said:
Lol, I knew at least one person would comment, and yes I do play hockey. That game was filmed probably around 10 years ago when I was 13. Later.
that was a pretty intense game! Who ended up winning?

·
Registered
325 Posts
im so confused on swaps now...im new here...like...this guys swap totally differs from the stryder list...using basically all 7mge components instead of using all 7mgte components...not saying that stryders list is the law or anything..but how is he doing it...can someone explain to me?

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Taken from BrysonK's website:

1. 7M-GE to 7M-GTE Engine swap – Involves swapping the entire engine with wiring harness, ECU, transmission occasionally, and other various parts into the GE body. Very common trend due to ease of swap, lack of custom fabrication, and costs. Recommend to users with low/moderate knowledge of the 7M engine and slightly higher knowledge of mechanics in general.

2. 7M-GE to 7M-GE/T with GTE electronics – Keeping the GE head and block, transfer over all of the mechanical and electronic portions of the GTE. End product is basically a GTE with the GE block/head, resulting in higher compression. More customization can be done this way (oil lines, filter, cooler, piping, compression, etc) but involves more fabrication of parts and a much higher price tag. Recommended to users with moderate/high knowledge of 7M engine , slightly higher knowledge of mechanics in general, and a higher knowledge of custom fabrication.

3. 7M-GE to 7M-GE/T with GE electronics – This is the conversion I am doing. This is the most cost effective setup out there for N/A drivers. This involves transferring the mechanical parts such as the turbo and intercooler to the GE engine while keeping the electronics (AFM, Distributor, Injectors, ECU, etc) in place. It can be done with a relatively low knowledge of mechanics and the 7M engine. Only recommended for the serious user. This conversion will require alot of tuning, in the end I will probably go with a standalone system but for now I will just be tuning with an safc-2 and lm-1 wideband.

·
Drifter 4 Life!
377 Posts
thanks for all the input dude....very inciteful and helpful. i'm going to end up doing this same swap in less than two months. question, where does the oil feed line for the turbo come out of the engine at and where did you put the return line?

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
I wonder what's going to be said when all of these 1/2 NA-T guys start developing rod knock? IMO a 1/2 NA-T is only 1/2 done. If you want your car to run reliably it takes a little more than 1/2. :dunno:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts