Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal for the supra to consume 1/4 tank of gas starting from full after 8 runs up to 120 mph? The 120 mph was only sustained for 5 seconds each tme.

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Sounds like mine.. I have 550 injectors.. you?

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
I would assume that the supra drinks pretty hefty when driven hard, especially since its the turbo.

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
I used more than that at the track the other night. 7 runs to 100mph took just over 1/4 tank.

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
bandwagonpilot said:
You shouldn't race on a full tank anyways ^_^
:tongue:

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
you think that is bad

try pushing 832 lph and see how fast that fuel level goes down ;)

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
What kind of mpg are you guys getting on running 550's during normal day to day driving?

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
your right foot determines everything

if you're boosting, you're guzzling fuel, more boost = more fuel

be thankful you don't have an engine that consumes that much air and fuel at all times...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the stock injectors and I'm running 15 psi. Didn't think the gas mileage would be this horrible on WOT though. lol.

My friend's accord raced his engine about the same amount of time/duration, but he only lost a notch on the gas gauge. This makes me jealous, but then again boost is to DIE FOR! haha.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
With stock inj, I could eat up 1/4 on the lower end of the tank with those pulls but not the top end. From a full tank, it takes me a while to do 1/4 even with 550s.

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
racing around in boost will kill gas quick. Esp if you are making power.
Learn to live with it. Thats why I dont DD my Supra

·
Registered
100 Posts
thats about right...depending on your fuel setup and how much boost your running..

adrian

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
If i'm wrong please correct me but,

if at the drag strip running 8 runs up to 120 mph with 5 seconds tops on a full tank eat 1/4 of a tank.

if you had a 1/4 of a tank to begin with and did the same 8 runs up to 120 mph with 5 seconds tops @ 120 wouldn't you use less fuel seeing you don't have 18 gallons of gas to weight you down.

as a rough estimate if 18 gallons weights 144LB's that .1 added to your overal 1/4 mile time + added weight.

so if 4.5 gal. (1/4 tank) weights 36lb's thats .1 taken off your 1/4 time + saved weight wouldn't it some what of a gas saver? I don't know just an idea.

Each gallon @ 8lb's roughly just as an estimate could be more could be less....

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
mustangman05 said:
whoa wait a minite this got real technical real fast ^^^^

hahah not really just something to think about. Only took 2 minutes to type :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts