Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've almost completed my 1.5jz project with a 2jz-ge block. But through my searches I haven't found a solution for swapping the crank angle sensor. Does anyone have some experience on this?

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
of crouse it can..... 1jz crank angle sensor will work i believe.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You will need to use the oil pump/housing off a 1jzgte or 2jzgte engine. That unit would have the mounting for the crank sensor, and you will also need the timing pulley off the 1jzgte or 2jzgte engine as well.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Poi_Dog said:
You will need to use the oil pump/housing off a 1jzgte or 2jzgte engine. That unit would have the mounting for the crank sensor, and you will also need the timing pulley off the 1jzgte or 2jzgte engine as well.

Sounds good.... I'll check it out tomorrow...thanx

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Poi_Dog said:
Thanx Poi...

I finally finished the oil pump swap. It's not the easiest job in the world, but I'm one step closer to getting my car started.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
jdm 1jz or 2jz crank angle sensor. usdm is different.

and for the 100000000000000000th time, yes the 2jzge short block can hold 600+hp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts