Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a parts togethered 1.5JZ laying around the shop. I was thinking of something cheap and crazy to put it in. First car that came to mind was a 80s camaro z28 IROC-Z. Also came to mind was a 75 celica, but too $$. I wonder what the world would think with a 1.5JZ automatic camaro lol.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it would be cool. Dual 3in chrome exhaust tips, IROCZ stickers, those 16in iroc rims, lowered, and of course a small single 1.5JZ making like 450hp. If done clean im sure it would be an instant show stopper. Talk about an easy swap too.. just gotta make mounts and a driveshaft.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
put it in a Delorean.. hahaha!! cant remember if they are RWD or not...?? or if the motor is in the back or front. hell i dunno.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
i wanted to put a 1j in my '65 mustang but the trans tunnel and engine bay are 2 small.

~scott

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
that sounds cool. and in theory, it's always just a set of custom mounts and dshaft. but when you actually do it, it's more like, gotta bang the firewall, grind at the crossmember to clear the pan, shifter sits too far forward/back, etc etc.

not trying to discourage you, just that what i just said is often the case.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
my car is an un molested '65 fastback, and to fit a jz series motor i would have to remove the shock towers, i would hack up a normal hard top, but fastbacks are too rare to take a saw zall / plasma cutter too.

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
ITR.00-1282 said:
lol. i've been thinking of putting one in a '79 mazda glc.
screw that, piss off some owners and put it in a fb rx7 (79-85) sub 2600lbs, solid rear axle, perfect drag or drift car IMO

<l><l>

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
snake eyes said:
screw that, piss off some owners and put it in a fb rx7 (79-85) sub 2600lbs, solid rear axle, perfect drag or drift car IMO

<l><l>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA :rofl:

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
IF a 1JZ can fit in a AE86 without body mods except taller hood.. i think it should fit in any car that originally had a v8 in it. Ive owned a few 3rd gen fbodys in my past, they sell aftermarket tubular cross members, etc.. if anything a plasma cutter and a big hammer will say it fits.

As far as the mustang goes, that would be a sick 1jz swapped car. Theres so many reproduction pieces made for em.. just remove your OEM inner fenders, etc.. and hack up the repro shit.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
its not inner fenders, its shock towers and the car is uni body so errr yea no 1j for the mustang.

~scott

·
2JZA70
2,537 Posts
scottiedawg66 said:
my car is an un molested '65 fastback, and to fit a jz series motor i would have to remove the shock towers, i would hack up a normal hard top, but fastbacks are too rare to take a saw zall / plasma cutter too.

Im not usually a big fan of mustangs but that thing is pure sex! :idhitit: Im drooling just imagining it with a V8 and a pair of turbos under the hood.

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
ITR.00-1282 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA :rofl:
smart ass :p

<l><l>

ps where in houston? coming to the UH meet sat?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I've got a AE86 with a 1jz and r154 in it with stock hood but the trans tunnel had to be cut out a a new larger one made. I will be do either a 68 or 69 Camero in the next couple years with a nasty 2jz.
BTW: put it in a old Celica!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
snake eyes said:
smart ass :p

<l><l>

ps where in houston? coming to the UH meet sat?

lol, located on the nw side, near 45 and w. little york. are the uh meets every sat? still redoing the brakes on the supra.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Shit donate the parts to me..!

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
if your going to do a camaro swap,just use the original trans,shifter, and driveshaft.they make a plate to swap gm auto's into are cars.

·
Registered
939 Posts
You all pretty much no where I stand on the subject! 1st Gen Celica final weight short of 2200lbs probably!
Cary

No engine is why the front end is high!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts