Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...of cutting and grinding. The one in the background will be a short runner sheetmetal manifold. The other one will be just like mine :)

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dunno if I would call it mass production, I have ~5 to make and no promises as to when they will deliver. I just don't do this full time :(
Please PM me or e-mail if you are really serious about getting one.

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
6,130 Posts
DRool.... How's about a write up of what needed to do this type of project and whats needed to be done? aight thanks, peace

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
How do you go about Throttle positioning sensor, and other sensors, also does it still flow right? I have seen people do it but that wouldn't affect the flow going in at all, I really don't know just want to know.

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, the manifold does require lowering the alternator. I am not sure if I can make brackets for that because I am no longer in school and don't have access to a machine shop. Mine does not have a cold start injector, no ISC, and uses a bigger TB. I will answer all PMs later tonight or tomorrow. I will keep taking pictures as I go along...maybe somebody can work on a right up based on the pictures. Below is the pipe cut in half, welded onto the runners on the inside so in can be ported afterwards. Now, time to weld the outside :)

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Ive seen a few where the upper tube was angled in such a manor where it missed the alternator entirely. Im assuming its not possible using a hacked stock manifold though without some creative work.

Props on the custom work too:bigthumb:

B

·
0 Posts
ron,
just sent you an email about mine, very important.. im shipping the materials out tommorow, i hope you didnt forget that you're squeezing me in. ;)

E

·
0 Posts
looks great... i really need a tig welder. Lmk how the manifold thing is going.

Eric

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
One question - What throttle body would you use on a 2jz Manifold that would allow hookup of the 7M TPS sensor? Can anyone out there fit the 7M TPS sensor up to the 2JZ TB? or perhaps any other throttle body?

Thanks
Bryson Kriz

PS - I got it to work making an adaptor plate to fit the 7M throttle body, but its a tight squeeze.. 2jz TB is bigger too :)

1 - 20 of 80 Posts