Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any of u guys used those more expensive oil filters that claim to last twice as long as regular ones? They're usually around 2-3x as much as a regular one but it might be worth it if every oil change u did was just with oil and didnt need to hassle with the filter. I was curious if anyone had good/bad experiences with them. Thanks

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
Many of us are fairly 'crazy' with oil changes and do it every 2500 regardless of type of oil or filter...I've even heard of some people doing it every 1000 :eek:

As for the 10000, sorry, I have no idea, but I'm rather paranoid about engine maintenance, so I'll spend the extra cash to change it every time.

Mark

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do also insist on my car being maintained as well as humanly possible. The dawg gets handwashed even in the winter in a heated self-wash. Oil changes are also preformed every 2-2500miles but going under the car in my apartment parking lot isnt going to be very fun in freezing temps. If the expensive oil filter lasts longer, i'll pay the extra money to just drail the oil, and put new in. Doesnt take that long. Its when i'm crawling under the jacks do i have a hard and long time. I have never used these types of filters before which is why i'm asking if anyone has. From what the filters say, i would assume that they remain clean till around 10,000 miles but i wont do it until i hear feedback of users. If no one has used them before, then its under the car again i go until it snows. Then its the dealerships.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts