Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I went to the track today, the car is running a Billet GT42-76, tyres are 325/50/15 Hoosier Drag Radials.

This video was of my best time of the day, which was my first run, i only did a small burnout and i got a lot of wheel spin.

After that run i did much bigger burnouts and the car gripped so hard each run that i bogged down and the car was off boost for a couple of seconds, i seemed to be able to get the grip but i could not get the boost off the line, is a small shot of nitrous the answer?

Thanks in advance for any help, Jamie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se6N9aTZh4Y

·
Captain Slow.
1,483 Posts
make sure to leave your wind shield wipers off. that's .3 right there.. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,062 Posts
You can easily fit an Mickey Thompson 28x10.5x15S ET Drag if you have 325 50 15s now. That and some skinnies and set the anti lag up to leave with a decent amount of power depending on the track and the car can go 9's. With a 1.44 short time and a full weight 6spd we went 9.8x's @144 and I think you can trap higher than that with a better launch and not having to pedal the car so much. Also you will be less likely to break stuff.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
You can easily fit an Mickey Thompson 28x10.5x15S ET Drag if you have 325 50 15s now. That and some skinnies and set the anti lag up to leave with a decent amount of power depending on the track and the car can go 9's. With a 1.44 short time and a full weight 6spd we went 9.8x's @144 and I think you can trap higher than that with a better launch and not having to pedal the car so much. Also you will be less likely to break stuff.
Thanks for the help, i just picked up some skinnies, tyres should be here in a day or two, i will order some et drags now.

What rpm are most setting there launch control to? do i need to go higher than 6500rpm?

·
Hardtopper
2,478 Posts
That launch was actually pretty nice until the wheelhop set in and you had it pedal it. Your car will easily go 9's all day long with a proper tire and anti-lag. Sounds great, too! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
X2 with Victor. Get it in the 1.5's and you've got your 9 second slip. MPH is already there you just need to leave harder and get into 100% throttle as fast as possible. Drag radials do not belong on most 6spd cars at the race track IMHO, slicks are the best way to go

·
BlackBeastSupra
424 Posts
Thanks for the help, i just picked up some skinnies, tyres should be here in a day or two, i will order some et drags now.

What rpm are most setting there launch control to? do i need to go higher than 6500rpm?
I lauched at 6800rpm and 1bar of boost on the antilag. and I made 1.46 60fot.
Running 28X10.5-15s M/T

·
Registered
46 Posts

Use 2Step whitout retard ignition set 5500 ign. cut and 5550 fuel cut and use vss 5 mph to turn off the 2 step

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Impressive time for Drag Radials but its like playing with fire you will get burnt. Like everyone said slicks , anti lag and bang the gears and you will be in the 9's.

Staats

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.