Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went down to NOPI Friday-Sun and picked up a new best on Friday night, and won B14 today. I knew the weather was going to be good....but they cut racing to 10 instead of 11, which sucks. Took the car off the trailer and immediately ran a 10.62 @ 127....cooled it down 15 minutes and ran another [email protected] The times are still dropping and I am on the same setup. With fall coming in a few months....I see some better times. It was nice to hang out with everyone there again. I know I said I wouldnt go back, but I couldnt stay away :bigthumb:

1st Run

60ft 1.49
330ft 4.37
1/8 [email protected]
1K 8.87
1/4 [email protected]

2nd Run

60ft 1.46
330ft 4.35
1/8 [email protected]
1K 8.876
1/4 [email protected]

Jason

·
Boost Junkie
12,737 Posts
Damn Jason,

Super consistant. Congrats on those passes. PM me with your launch method. I think I am going to be spraying a 75 shot out of the hole as well to keep me from riding the converter too much. I am only going to spray until it hits 20psi and use a Hobbs switch to cut it off.

Anyways, the fall air will help tremendously!

Steve K.

·
Super Moderator
10,802 Posts
Congrats, Jason,

You continue to raise the bar for stock twins. Amazing accomplishment and very consistent.

Ken.

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
Jason,congrats. You are the cornerstone for BPU!

·
Old School
4,125 Posts
No single for you!

You are just doing too well with your stock twin setup, I'm glad you didn't throw in the towel a while back but decided to stick it out instead.

Outstanding numbers you're putting up.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
squeeze that bitch til the twins go to lunch and then go single. if it aint broke dont fool with it.... great times bro...

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Jason- What exhaust are you running now? If not running an open DP or a 4" setup, I suggest you try it. On both of my BPU cars it made a big difference, I think we got a couple MPH out of it and corresponding ET drop. And that was witn no nos...Keep up the good work.-Nick

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
Ex5.0 said:
Jason- What exhaust are you running now? If not running an open DP or a 4" setup, I suggest you try it. On both of my BPU cars it made a big difference, I think we got a couple MPH out of it and corresponding ET drop. And that was witn no nos...Keep up the good work.-Nick

How the hell did you fit a beastly 4'' Dp under that DISASTER of ct12s ? What a mess it is! IIRC, it is so full of restrcictive plumbing, that a 4'' DP would not help the situation much, if any. LMK :)

* If Jason is running street classes, he will get booted with the quickness if he tries to show up w/o a muffler.
-jt

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Way to go Jason! It amazes me how you keep
going faster. Can't wait to see what the cooler
Fall air brings. A 4.35 in the 330' is crazy torque.
Congrats!
Wayne

·
Registered
148 Posts
congrats jason
I was down there and was talkin to your buddy thats building your manifold but you were no where to be found well like i said congrats on the run you were flyin. hopefully it stays together for the fall id love to see you put a bigger shot on it and knock off that extra 6 tenths but that sounds riskey. good luck.
James

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Jason,

Congratulations on that time! Outstanding! Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your transmission? I know you tried (and tried and tried) to get some help from STC, but as I recall I didn't think it had been resolved. Any updates?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
jt granberry said:
How the hell did you fit a beastly 4'' Dp under that DISASTER of ct12s ? What a mess it is! IIRC, it is so full of restrcictive plumbing, that a 4'' DP would not help the situation much, if any. LMK :)

* If Jason is running street classes, he will get booted with the quickness if he tries to show up w/o a muffler.
-jt
I phrased it wrong, I meant open downpipe or a 4" catback like a 4" HKS Ti. I switched from a Super dragger to a 4" Ti and picked up a couple MPH and dropped at least a tenth, I think it was more. It was definitely a difference I could feel. I know everyone says a 4" catback is unnecessary unless you're making big power, but it definitely made a difference for me on 2 different BPU 6 sp cars.

·
Boost Junkie
12,737 Posts
Plus, Jason is making a lot more power than most BPU Supras.

Steve

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ex5.0 said:
Superdrager...and I am working on a custom 4" at the moment. Hopefully the exhaust will weigh ~22lbs vs the 35+ Superdrager. I have tried an open dp, but the car didnt respond...BUT I didnt test it on/off the same night.

To everyone else, thanks for the encouragement.

Jason

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
awesome times. post some vids too so we can see the runs. btw are you running stock cams or do you have upgraded cams?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts