Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car was at like 16 degrees advanced this whole time, so i changed it back down to +/- 10 degrees like it should be. Let me tell you, it REALLY smoothened out the idle and the way it drives. Boost doesn't come on as early as it did before (that's ok) and i don't it fuel cut NEARLY as early and as often as i did before....before i was hitting fuel cut in every gear @ 13 PSI in the mid range in the RPM band. Now i'm hitting fuel cut @ 11 PSI in the later part of the RPM band....

Still sucks i'm hitting fuel cut but the driveability is A LOT better. Doesn't pop, doesn't backfire anymore.

I've read numerous posts about people advancing to 15 degrees. IMO don't do it.

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
I wonder if you would be saying that after you tuned your car and had the timing advanced to what you had before (16)?

EDIT: time for an FCD and bigger injectors, pump, and everything fuel related !!!!

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, just need injectors and a walbro to purchase...then i'll be able to boost lots.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,253 Posts
with my timing at 15 it did pop at little, but man did it give me tq gains and super duper powerband. 300 TQ at 2500 on stock ct 406 at 3100...

I'll take any amount of popping and farting for that!

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
with my timing at 15 it did pop at little, but man did it give me tq gains and super duper powerband. 300 TQ at 2500 on stock ct 406 at 3100...

I'll take any amount of popping and farting for that!
Damn though how long did the CT last though ? And you must have had something to back that 406 up?

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,253 Posts
Ct never broke, i went single sold the ct and buyer was happy never had it at uber boost it would bleed all the bosot by 5500 rpm, because i didn't washer the srping with the EBC.

here's ur proof.

btw ignore the wb it was up the exhaust and i had the cutout oopen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts